Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The squad exodus

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Langfield

Diamond

Severin 

J Smith 

Nicholson 

Foster 

Touzani 

Miller 

Considine 

Maguire 

De Visscher 

Maybury

Rustled up this dirty dozen. Clangers for me is by far the better keeper out of the two where tries to take command of situations the biggest reason he got dropped earlier was due to the shambles in front of him. Soutar totally lacks bottle. Barry and Miller are virtually gone but i'd rather have them than not at all. Maguire a player who's not exactly short of his critics is a far better player now than Mackie and still has a huge amount to learn.

I have done some analysis of the voting and ranked the players on the % of people wanting them to stay. I have then put their contract situation on the right and put them in Amber if they are confirmed as leaving or possibly leaving.

clipboard02pp2.jpg

I have done some analysis of the voting and ranked the players on the % of people wanting them to stay. I have then put their contract situation on the right and put them in Amber if they are confirmed as leaving or possibly leaving.

clipboard02pp2.jpg

nice

but a couple of questions come to mind

1) who wants rid of zander

2) we're fucked

3) who wants to keep McNamara

4) we're fucked

5) we had a small squad, and are losing most if it

6) we're fucked

7) you have too much time on your hands

8) oh and we're fucked

nice

but a couple of questions come to mind

1) who wants rid of zander

2) we're fucked

3) who wants to keep McNamara

4) we're fucked

5) we had a small squad, and are losing most if it

6) we're fucked

7) you have too much time on your hands

8) oh and we're fucked

Since hes in contract, maybe people think we should sell him? Only player worth any money I would think.

clipboard02pp2.jpg

We are most definitely fucked.

Here's hoping for some DECENT signings in the summer!

On a side note Dan Smiths been working hard over the last couple of weeks, seems to be really putting the effort into find a new club. He's been on trial at Port Vale and is now at Cheltenham where last night he was part of the side that got pumped 9-1 by Brizzle City, in the Gloucestershire Cup. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D:wave:

good thread!!

i managed eleven. but that wasnt including nicholson whos leaving, or aluko and walker.

i did include miller right enough even though looks likes he going.

severin just creeped into list for me, has to start proving hes a good footballer again!

guys like foster, considine and maguire are still young and decent squad fillers.

ive got rid of both keepers, never liked either of them.

it does look like we might be fucked next year!!

Aye Im surprised as well. Don't rate the guy whatsoever.

Was Anderson's defensive partner through most of last season, probably missing someone of his experience this season. I reckon he'll come good.

If worst comes to worst Jimmy could always play him up front there can't have been many occasions this season when one of our strikers have scored two in a game and Considine did it from defence last saturday ;D ;D ;).

Was Anderson's defensive partner through most of last season, probably missing someone of his experience this season. I reckon he'll come good.

If worst comes to worst Jimmy could always play him up front there can't have been many occasions this season when one of our strikers have scored two in a game and Considine did it from defence last saturday ;D ;D ;).

A pity he didn't get the defending bit of his job right - though that might be another reason in favour of sticking him upfront  ;) ;)

Guest bloo_toon_red

I'm suprised so many people voted for Considine. He's much higher up the list than I expected.

Considine is a better man marker than Diamond is.  Whereas Diamond is courageous and inspirational, Considine gets the basics of defending right more often in terms of getting tight on his man, not letting him turn etc, is very strong and I'm fairly convinced he will become a very important player for us in the next few years.  His biggest problem is that he is prone to lapses in concentration and that is all down to his age.

It's everyone's prerogative to disagree, but I'd urge you all to watch them both very closely between now and the end of the season and see which of the two makes the more errors.

Considine is a better man marker than Diamond is.  Whereas Diamond is courageous and inspirational, Considine gets the basics of defending right more often in terms of getting tight on his man, not letting him turn etc, is very strong and I'm fairly convinced he will become a very important player for us in the next few years.  His biggest problem is that he is prone to lapses in concentration and that is all down to his age.

It's everyone's prerogative to disagree, but I'd urge you all to watch them both very closely between now and the end of the season and see which of the two makes the more errors.

Totally agree with that there, BTR. Think Considine has great potential, he's a good footballer and he'll be an Aberdeen captain in the future.