Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The squad exodus

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat surprised that i too got to sixteen, but it did include the three loan signings at the bottom of the list, and personally speaking I will be very surprised if any of them are around next season.

BTW who the fuck voted to keep Dan Smith ::)

I'm going to sit this one out, not because I don't think it's a decent thread but simply because I don't see the point of selecting certain players we have on our books.

We have so many players there that will never get a regular game regardless of how well they are playing*.  We have a few that only play a handful of games every season because of injuries**  Then we have dross that should never have been signed yet we still have them hanging on***  Add all that to the players leaving or are being shown the door that we'd rather have stay****

* Lovell, JVD, Walker....

** Jaimie Smith, Touzani....

*** Dan Smith, Byrne, Mair, Duff, Bus....

**** Anderson, Hart, Miller, Nicholson....

Once you add all that up and take away the non-starters then you've probably got a pull of around 8 players who are guaranteed a spot each Saturday and don't need to put in a shift to ensure they play each week.

For all the public slatings, when was the last time someone was dropped to the bench for playing shite?

Somewhat surprised that i too got to sixteen, but it did include the three loan signings at the bottom of the list, and personally speaking I will be very surprised if any of them are around next season.

BTW who the fuck voted to keep Dan Smith ::)

More to the point who the fuck voted for bus  :o

Guest bloo_toon_red

Seve in November/December? Maybe we should do that again.

I don't think there's any maybe about it.  If I have to get my triple bypass 30 years early, then it'll be all his fault.

Not even the new BTR "Seve gets 3 strikes rule" saved him on Saturday.  Lazy, ineffectual, unmitigated disaster the entire season.  If I have to vent my spleen at him again this season, I'm going to sue him.  Mind you, in order for him to get to his oversized wallet to pay, he'd first of all need to get his hands surgically removed from his hips.  Fuckin oxygen thief.

I don't think there's any maybe about it.  If I have to get my triple bypass 30 years early, then it'll be all his fault.

Not even the new BTR "Seve gets 3 strikes rule" saved him on Saturday.  Lazy, ineffectual, unmitigated disaster the entire season.  If I have to vent my spleen at him again this season, I'm going to sue him.  Mind you, in order for him to get to his oversized wallet to pay, he'd first of all need to get his hands surgically removed from his hips.  Fuckin oxygen thief.

:lolabove:

Surprised I never heard you on Saturday....

Out of those who are realistically staying, I'd keep Diamond, Severin, Jamie Smith, Touzani and de Visscher.

I wouldn't keep any of the rest as back-up, you need squad players who are hungry and determined to break into the first team, our lot are in too much of a comfort zone, as long as they've got enough money for petrol for their 4x4's, diamond ear studs, shit haircuts and overpriced drinks in the Pearl Lounge, they don't give a flying fuck about the club.

Guest ally s

I agree with your list of players to keep apart from Touzani.

I'd try and keep Maybury too.  Believe it or not I'd also like to see Considine stay as well, imo he has a lot of potential.  He needs someone experienced next to him to help him develop.  I thought McNamara would have been ideal for that role but I was clearly wrong!!

Would keep Daimond and Considine but we need to get in an experience centre half to teach them the game. Severin is still best player at the club despite his poor form and if properly motivated is still an asset. Smith if injury problems are over should stay if not punt. Maybury is a decent player and if he was prepared to except a pay cut would be worth keeping. Rest are either not good enough, on loan or have not interest in staying. However still think the main problem is fact that JC is the one responsible for most of the pish we need to move on so can he be trusted to bring in replacements who are any better.

Surely in the name of GOD he cant make the same amout of mistakes again?

Surely.

Speaking of God.

Maybe it's about time he put on a tracksuit and showed the players how to defend.  At least he'd be earning his keep.

Then again Sandy Clark isn't exactly teaching our strikers how to find the net or Jim Leighton doing much in the way of turning Langfield or Souter into half decent goalkeepers.

Somebody pass the rope....

Then again Sandy Clark isn't exactly teaching our strikers how to find the net or Jim Leighton doing much in the way of turning Langfield or Souter into half decent goalkeepers.

You can spray as much cologne onto a dogshite as you like. Doesn't matter how nice it smells in the end, it's still a dogshite!

I really hope McNamara pops onto DonsTalk now and then. Maybe seeing that Duff and Mair have more votes than him will make him realise that he might be best to just stay in Edinburgh for the rest of the season. Probably best for all parties involved if he just doesn't bother with his daily drive up the M/A90. You're not at Ra Shellick now, Jackie!

Guest bloo_toon_red

My anger towards McNamara has turned to pity.

Pity that someone who was such a fantastic footballer has now lost it.  I think even he himself probably realises this.  Seeing First Division footballers go past him as if he wasn't there on Saturday was painful to watch.  It was the same story v Falkirk on Monday night.

It wouldn't surprise me if he in fact calls it a day at the end of this season.  He can't continue to compete at this level and he's one of those guys who shouldn't need to drop down a level to play out his days for someone like Cowdenbeath or East Fife.