Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Arabs vs. Dons

I think we should put Edmondson back to Leeds. He's not showed anything to suggest he could get in this team.

I thought we played well enough but the final ball was poor. Hayes in particular was guilty of hitting the first man with his cross time and time again.

The final ball was poor. However, United did have 10 behind the ball at all times, making it hard for us to create any space. They are one of the worst teams I've ever seen in the SPFL.

6 minutes ago, tup1 said:

I think we should put Edmondson back to Leeds. He's not showed anything to suggest he could get in this team.

I thought we played well enough but the final ball was poor. Hayes in particular was guilty of hitting the first man with his cross time and time again.

The final ball was poor. However, United did have 10 behind the ball at all times, making it hard for us to create any space. They are one of the worst teams I've ever seen in the SPFL.

United played McInnes at his own game today, making us work hard to break them down and hoping to sneak a winner. They will be delighted with that point today with the deluded cunts now thinking they will be in the Champions League next year.

I always knew it would be a tight game today and it proved to be the case, but would have been nice to have turned our overall dominence into three points and shut their fans up.

Didnt see the game but listened in. Should have had them buried in the first half alone.Right to think we would eventually make the break through in the second half if we had kept it up,but sounds like we ran out of ideas or self belief too easily.

If we can learn to write off games like this and persist with how were playing,hopefully we'll eventually work out how to get through teams like todays.

Work in progress.     COYR

• Like 1

A shit result maybe, but we hammered them. We will play worse and get three points, but today was just one of them days, we outplayed them and maybe do lack that striker, but we are looking good and the more we play that way we will become better.

Shankland knew he gave away the pen with the handball, but I will be generous and say the ref didn't have a good view.

Agree with Manc lack of a natural striker hurt us today. We created plenty of chances but never had anyone right position to finish. As others have said not convinced by Edmundson at all. Really have to question our reserve/youth team set up if we have nothing better than him coming through. All of the above said we still win if ref does his job and awards the penalty for handball. 

There's no reason the ref wouldn't have awarded the pen if he'd seen it, it wasn't even slightly controversial or a difficult decision. That said, it didn't deny a clear goal scoring opportunity, it'd have been a save by the keeper at best, and we can't rely on getting penalties ahead of actually scoring from open play. Our final ball was lacking on numerous occasions, and our big chances were all made harder by poor layoffs that should have been better. Hedges playing it too far in front of Wright, then Wright playing the ball behind Hayes for their decent opportunities. Our passing and movement was excellent in the main yesterday, but when the simple final slide pass into a player's path was on, we made an arse of it every time. Hayes was accused of poor crossing yesterday, but the number of times he had to check his run due to an under hit pass was frustrating, it was like we thought we were playing with a right footer out there.

We didn't need Edmondson from the moment we signed Watkins, we should have terminated the loan when he got injured. He'd probably be alright getting a start and playing 60 minutes or so, but he's exactly the opposite of what we need when we're wanting a goal to win. He completely changed the pace of our attack for the worse. Anderson would have been far more likely to get on the end of something in that closing period, it was that finisher we were looking for. Annoyingly, the period where he might have seen some minutes is when we choose to improve someone else's young player again. It's frustrating, because we're really close to having a great team, but we're going to sacrifice part of that when Cosgrove returns, and it won't be because we'll start hoofing it, it'll be because we try and accommodate our signings and lose the movement and pace that makes us watchable.