Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Killie - Dons - Sat

I caught the second half on a stream. It was shite. We didn't look like we had a man advantage. We're really bad at not taking the numerical advantage when we get it. The greeting around Broadfoot's red card is ridiculous. Just because he's "entitled to go for the loose ball" doesn't mean the ref's not entitled to red card him for making a cunt of it by going studs first into Joe's face and getting nowhere near the ball. The other reds were correct also. And Boyd could've gone too. Leading with the elbow when already on a yellow. And by all accounts Mulumbu was lucky? If they have a complaint about Dons players escaping punishment then there's maybe something in that (didn't see the first half) but they got the reds they deserved and nothing more.  Cosgrove generally doesn't react and gets a lot of rough treatment so it must've been bad if he lost the plot. Very important win though. Pleasing.

Have we ever had three men from the opposition sent off in one match???  Can't think from my own 28 years personal experience if same thing has happened before.  Saying that thinking about just two opposition players given their marching orders is proving difficult too.     

That's a heart attack in waiting  :laughing:

I suppose fair play to him at least he hasn't taken the easy choice that the majority of West Coasters have done by supporting one of the arse cheeks

That cunt's been on the go for ages. He's ace.

It's a peculiarly modern phenomenon to misinterpret passion and the expression of deep frustration as cardiological impairments. Probably because all passion for anything has become an extreme of itself in the dumbed down western world. Go the climate change protestors. Great job.

Looked like he had a little kick out. Wasnt super obvious so it was a good spot.

Not a red card though. As per the Morelos precedent it should have been a yellow. Looked very similar in that it was a frustrated petulant kick rather than an attempt to cause harm (or whatever the wording was). They should appeal, citing the Morelos case and make their appeal public.

Not a red card though. As per the Morelos precedent it should have been a yellow. Looked very similar in that it was a frustrated petulant kick rather than an attempt to cause harm (or whatever the wording was). They should appeal, citing the Morelos case and make their appeal public.

It may have been a frustrated petulant kick, but a kick in the kidney is different than a rap around the calf, petulant or not. The old adage that you don't kick someone when they are down applies here.

Common sense should prevail  in this example, but will the faceless goons who make these decisions see that?

It may have been a frustrated petulant kick, but a kick in the kidney is different than a rap around the calf, petulant or not. The old adage that you don't kick someone when they are down applies here.

I just watched it back. You're right, kicking him when they're down is poor, but it's a wee tap. It's like it's being done to get a reaction from our player rather than to hurt him. The sort of force you'd use to get someone off your foot if they'd landed on it. It just seems very weak to be a red like. I doubt they'd get it rescinded, but it doesn't seem worse than Morelos'.

I couldn't see much in the McKenzie challenge? What happened? He lead with the elbow?

I could swear that Ball elbowed him first then went down and headbutted him on the legs  ??? Couldn't see his reaction at the time but when I watched highlights McKenzie definitely has a fly kick at Ball though as Rico says....it was even less of a violent act than the Morelos one that got rescinded. Have seen others suggest that there may have been more going on after the camera pans away. My initial thought at the game was a yellow for both involved, have no idea how Ball escaped punishment (as yet)

Ball just puts in a good robust challenge. There's no way he'd be cited for that. I don't see the leg headbutt on the replay, but that's not to say it didn't occur after. The ref is looking at the incident from shortly after the moment the ball goes loose, so he'd have seen the majority of it. There's certainly not enough video evidence to cite Ball for anything is there?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/48006978