Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

Think we’re heading for a hung parliament hopefully the opposition can cobble something together to oust the Tories from government.

I really don't think we are. I was out canvassing yesterday, and the number of tory v Snp utterly shocked me. Not just that but all day I got one Lib-Dem, and one lifelong Labour voter who doesn't know who he's voting for but it 100% won't be Labour.

Now Deeside is hardly representative of the whole constituemcy, nor the country, but it shocked me how out of kilter compared to current polls support for the Tories was, and indeed how absolutely nowhere the two also ran parties were

This is gonna be the most interesting GE in our lifetime.

Do you do it on behalf of anyone, or were you just asking for your own info? Not a surprise about deeside, they love a tory.

I am canvassing on behalf of a party yes.

My faith was somewhat restored today, but by fuck is WAK a bellweather seat. If Zowie Bowie hangs on SNP could be heading for 45 for less, if it returns to SNP it could well hit the heights of 2015 again.

What is abundantly clear, the north east is now a 2 party area, and split very much by old ignorant cunts who haven't a clue about the world in the 21st century, and those who pay attention and will vote accordingly.

What a load of shite that farce was last night. If it wasn't already clear, Bojo is going to hammer the Brexit/SNP angle for all it's worth.

Jezza meanwhile is going to talk calmly, and quietly, with little authority, inspiring no confidence in anyone

Swickson is going to just dig bigger and bigger holes like her instantaneous admission she'd blow the world up last night.

Queen Nicola will continue to be the authority in the room, but aul wifies in Aberdeenshire will continue to ignore the drip on the end of their noses.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the debate on BBC last night as well as the <30 "special" of Question Time the night before.

I will fucking fight Jackson Carlaw. Someone set it up and I'll be there. Colossal cunt.

Good instinct. I knew him before his political career and he is one of the most horrible and colossal cunts on the planet. He valued sycophancy from his staff. I interviewed a guy once who worked for him back in the day. Coincidentally he had been at Ibrox corporate for the 1-1 draw (Eoin Jess) in the mid 90's, a game I was at, my first and last time in Rangers corporate. Whilst most of us were getting tore in to the "Rangers champagne" at noon, Carlaw asked for sparkling mineral water, whereupon two of his table (arselicking employees) piped up with "yes, I'll have sparkling water too". My man was a manager working for Carlaw but like 99% of us, was availing himself of the free bevvy all day. Following the HT drinks and snacks and all day on the piss, apparently post-match the waitress asked their table for the drinks order and of course Carlaw was first to speak. After he asked for "a sparkling mineral water please", the guy I was interviewing (2 or 3 years later) turned to the waitress and said - suitably pissed up by now - "you better give the same to him and him an aw". He got fired that Monday. I was simply exploring the reasons for his leaving that job. I laffed and I loved his honesty. Unfortunately I couldn't give him work. His political skills and lack of diplomacy were too Scottish.

If any of you vote Tory tomorrow, I wish you cancer and much pain. Scotland doesn't need ignorant stupid gullible cunts like you.

The majority of Englishmen will vote Tory but they're fucking stupid and gullible by default, being English.

It's a cynical ploy by Boris et al to "get Brexit done" and their lies won't be seen by the majority of their country, the lack of a free press and selective investigative journalism helping to obfuscate truth. Even though I want out of the EU and to delete another level of government and corruption, I would never vote Tory for that end. The biggest sick joke in all this is that there has never been anything preventing the government from doing its job for the whole of this decade. They've been using Brexit as an excuse for their inexcusable agenda the whole time.

This is our chance to get the Tories to fuck. Sometimes a tactical vote is required. It might not be who you'd normally vote for or who you'd like to vote for but tactical voting can be effective in the political system that we've got. Look at who's closest to beating the tores in your constituency and vote for them. In Scotland that's SNP in every seat that they don't already have but in England or the rest of the UK it could be anyone.

Many of us have different political points of view on this forum but I think we're all agreed (most of us anyway) that the Tories have made a massive cunt of it and that a progressive coalition deserves it's chance.

Many of us have different political points of view on this forum

Because anyone who disagrees with my political view - or views on religion, Milne, McInnes, films, music, art, everything - is a fucking moron.

The irony of that parody will be lost on most, lost because they believe it to be found. Anyway, good post min.

As Pie said so well, FUCK YOU BORIS.

Hopefully a hung parliament (rather than a Tory win) and some sort of coalition can release us from this hell.

Voting for the Tories or voting for Brexit is the same thing. Both hand the UK over to be run by a shower of self serving right-wing cunts.

:-*

Take care in expression. You mean the Brexit party, surely? Then I would agree.

If you didn't mean that, let me point out your error; voting to leave the EU is a vote to be governed by ourselves. This assumes we get the government we voted for of course but until we get an independent Scotland, we get governed by whoever the English decide. And that would never do.

Where I'll be voting SNP as usual, I hope that Nicola is using the pro-EU stance simply to create division between Scotland and England, to further the independence agenda and therefore as a specific political tool for a specific end. She does seem to disregard the 40% of us Scots who voted for Brexit and doesn't appear to consider that many of us have a different view to her on this.

Everyone has weaknesses, just as they have strengths. Salmond fucked up. Nicola will fuck up if she genuinely thinks out of UK and in the EU is the golden dream.

Hopefully a hung parliament (rather than a Tory win) and some sort of coalition can release us from this hell.

Voting for the Tories or voting for Brexit is the same thing. Both hand the UK over to be run by a shower of self serving right-wing cunts.

:-*

Kow, may I ask.. Have you as a unionist but also clearly anti-Tory, considered tactical voting today to try and achieve that goal?

Is it? Are we meant to be intrigued? Are you so lacking in confidence that we are meant to beg you to tell us who you voted for so that this proves how important you are?

On behalf of everyone else who also thought your four words were egocentric and stupid, who gives a fuck?

LOL

Mine isn't. Haven't decided.

Really? I've heard that there's a lot of folk who don't decide until the last minute. I've never understood how something so important can be not known. There are exceptions to everything naturally but I am intrigued as to why an otherwise obviously articulate and intelligent man is at an impasse over this? It must be to do with working out the best tactical decision I'm guessing.