Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Could argue policies Truss and the new de facto Prime Minister Jeremy Cunt are now enacting are not in the Manifesto that Tory party were elected on so they should be going to the country for a fresh mandate. They of course won’t as they know they are fucked and will now use the next two years to line the pockets of their backers with every last penny they can squeeze out of the public purse. 

They had a manifesto?

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Levelling up something something getting Brexit done something. There was definitely nothing in it about turning the country into worlds biggest bin fire.

But at no point did they say that they wouldn't turn the country into world's biggest bin fire. I'd have said that was fairly implicit in choosing Johnson.

24 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

But at no point did they say that they wouldn't turn the country into world's biggest bin fire. I'd have said that was fairly implicit in choosing Johnson.

Fair point. Although Truss seems to be going for the call that a bin fire route. 

3 hours ago, Kowalski said:

Home Sec, chief whip, deputy chief whip all gone. 

Suspect a GE is coming real soon. 

Don't think they have all gone, although it seems difficult to tell. Appears that Truss is being so hapless that the Tories can then suggest putting Johnson back in charge. They're all over the place, but they have enough self preservationists in the team that a general election seems unlikely.

On 21/10/2022 at 04:26, RicoS321 said:

Assume the daily mail have started the bring back Boris campaign? Probably started the moment he left. Fucking weirdos. How on earth are there still people in Scotland who believe we can't do better than Westminster?

Cannot believe that he genuinely has a chance. Not that any of the other candidates are any better. Ridiculous that there’s no general election.

10 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Cannot believe that he genuinely has a chance. Not that any of the other candidates are any better. Ridiculous that there’s no general election.

I read an article when he resigned that suggested that he planned to be back within a year, and had the right wing shite rags on his side, but I didn't think it would actually happen. The Tory members will vote him in, in a heartbeat, it just remains to be seen whether enough Tory MPs will back him. Not sure he'll have the numbers, as he's quite clearly an absolute dickhead, but I suppose we should never underestimate just how fucking moronic those people are.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Id like to to think the BBC are going to regret doing that but given it seems (to me at least) they are getting more and more to be another branch of the tory media machine I doubt it.
Shearer and Wright have apparently pulled out of tomorrow's MoTD

Add this to 'hiding' an episode of Attenburgh's latest show on Iplayer and its been a fine day for Auntie

Edited by tom_widdows

8 hours ago, Slim said:

There’s Fiona Bruce “both siding” domestic violence too. 

They're just craven as fuck with "powerful" people, people in their own circles I suppose, as the BBC always has been. It's a very similar case to that of Ghislaine Maxwell, where they contacted her friends and family to defend her. It's a very much a case of Bruce defending a person because of who they are. The most frustrating thing is that she didn't do he homework. She would have known that they were likely to be discussing Stanley Johnson - or Sir Stanley Johnson - and should have been in top of the full accusation which was that he broke his wife's nose and also that he had hit her many times. The lady who called him a wife beater should also have known, but she probably didn't expect to be challenged. Bruce was correct to intervene, of course, but the correct thing to say was: this refers to an allegation by Stanley Johnson's wife that she had her nose broken by him and that he had hit her many times. If you must allow an "other side", then it is suffixed with: "an accusation that has not been denied.". I obviously don't watch the rancid shite show, but I have seen the clips and it appears she is reading from a script (she looks down) or notes. That suggests a degree of preparedness. You wonder to the extent that producers, editors and BBC lawyers and hierarchy have been involved in coming to that position. They have certainly only defended her since, rather than admit their clear guilt.

13 hours ago, Kowalski said:

They may have to reinstate him pretty sharpish. The MOTD brand is taking a real kicking here, and it’s highlights only with no analysis tomorrow. 

Abysmal day for the BBC with this and the Attenborough stuff. 

It's getting worse for them by the minute too. Football focus pulled, no players giving bbc interviews, at least one club (Bristol City though I'm sure plenty more will follow suit) refusing to have any dealings with them. 

What started out as a storm in a teacup has become a major crisis for the corporation. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...