Author Topic: Sam Cosgrove  (Read 1642 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -150
Re: Sam Cosgrove
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 11:32:52 AM »
I'm not worrying about it. All I said was that it was a balloon comment.

What goes on behind the scenes is irrelevant to any debate about the publicly-uttered comment.

McInnes made a management mistake. Not a big one, not a significant one but an amateur one.

Which isn't surprising given that it's football management we're talking here.

The reason why McInnes is getting paid over half a Mill this year is a bigger debate. Being paid for his management skills as he is, and as it's our money going into his pocket, I think it's right that we start to ask questions as to whether he's worth it?

I don't see the man as being worth anything more than thanks for your service now fuck off. He is using us and we (Milne) has allowed him to use us.

Edit: Back on topic, however cheap he is or might be, I hope Sam turns out to be good recruitment. His record hardly screams it but it's been less than 120 minutes and AFC are badly screaming out for a big capable unit up top, as we always have been since god knows how long. I loved when he had a dig at Brown personally. Brown's reaction was funny too.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:02:27 PM by rocket_scientist »
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 06:40:22 PM »
Contract extension until the summer of 2022 signed  :thumbsup:
Steve warm his seat up

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 22
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 06:50:12 PM »

Some folk suggesting its unnecessarliy long,but wouldnt imagine his wage demands have shot up too much?,and it all helps with sell-ability  :thumbsup:

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 06:55:53 PM »
Some folk suggesting its unnecessarliy long,but wouldnt imagine his wage demands have shot up too much?,and it all helps with sell-ability  :thumbsup:

Going by his interview he signed what was put in front of him without much negotiation. I doubt he is even in our top 50% in terms of wages.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 75
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2019, 07:12:13 PM »
Happy enough with this. he's definitely earned it and it protects us a wee bit.  I'd rather see GMS sign, but know that's not happening.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 75
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 09:23:04 AM »
Won player of the month, with dm winning manager of the month  :thumbsup: