Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - County - Sat - 3PM

Well, after that flat and disappointing performance and result on Sunday, hopefully Shinnie is right and they have stopped the rot and are going to go on a run.  County are in great form at the moment and deservedly beat us last time round.  As I've mentioned in other threads, we've not got an easy run up to Christmas, this game in particular.  Here's hoping the team turn up and start building some confidence.  Jack is still out and by the sounds of it Robson should be ok for the game after picking up a knock against the mini sevconians yesterday.  I think this is the kind of game we need him.  We had zero leadership on Sunday and whilst I'm slightly hesitant in including him as I think he slows us down and loses the ball in critical positions, but he's vociferous. Pawlett still isn't doing anything and with Cammy Smith fit again, i'd like to see him given a go.  This is a massive game for us.

Nice offer on the ticket price from the club, albeit on the back of recent performances they'll need to do something to entice those on the fence fans.  I really hope they have plenty of these "retro" shirt available, smart as fuck!

12249772_10153701735427482_510357108801342863_n.jpg?oh=d759bb039a79e7eb6d439a5cd58ee158&oe=56E542E0

I really like that shirt too. And by all account many others do too. I hope they've had plenty made and they don't charge mental prices for them. Could be a cracking we earner for the club what with Christmas (and my birthday) coming up.  :thumbsup: Assuming we now get a decent percentage of club shop sales? I know in the past there was a time when we got next to nothing?  :hammer:

I really like that shirt too. And by all account many others do too. I hope they've had plenty made and they don't charge mental prices for them. Could be a cracking we earner for the club what with Christmas (and my birthday) coming up.  :thumbsup: Assuming we now get a decent percentage of club shop sales? I know in the past there was a time when we got next to nothing?  :hammer:

Think it was pro-sport or something like that, but believe we've brought anything in house again, or at least making more money from merchandise?

This game will show if we really have put whatever happened behind us. Performance against County in October was woeful and could easily have been 5 or 6 if the lad up front for County had a left foot. A similar performance again by Dons will have many seriously questioning manager. From what I have read of last week both Logan and Taylor need to be dropped however as we have no other option at right back and Taylor is undropable then I would expect pretty much same team as last Sunday.

Oot

bed

Breakfast at ihop using their free wifi to watch red tv

Shopping on Pier 39 then over to Berkley for Arizona @ Cal

2-1 Rooney and Hayes

Barry Robson so refreshing and knowledgeable on Red TV Intl today. Called hoe things need to be addressed just before ht and low and below his observations were implemented word for word in 2nd. Getting him sitting watching games from there every week as opposed to warming the bench. Happy Saturday..!

I've always said you knew fuck all  ;)

Good 3 points, hopefully this is the start of another run as the negative shite from the fan base is starting to wear thin.

:wave:

:wave: Ok mr red blinkers ;)

From the RedTV highlights, we looked reassured and the build up to the third was good to see.  Think Robson hit the nail on the head with the commentary. We definitely pressed more and appeared to be getting closer to how we were playing before this god awful slump in form.  Rooney possibly could have had a hat trick.

I've always said you knew fuck all  ;)

Good 3 points, hopefully this is the start of another run as the negative shite from the fan base is starting to wear thin.

:wave:

Eh... what about the negative shite from the team? i.e. the fucking results? That wore thin some time ago.

Cracking result yesterday, but let's drop the holier than thou attitude eh? We've been fucking garbage for ages.

Eh... what about the negative shite from the team? i.e. the fucking results? That wore thin some time ago.

Cracking result yesterday, but let's drop the holier than thou attitude eh? We've been fucking garbage for ages.

Of course the shite run of form wore thin a long time ago, nobody is denying that but there's not half been a lot of bollocks posted because of a run of poor form.

And it's hardly a holier than now attitude, just giving my opinion.

First half display was a shambles, we were being bossed on midfield again and the cock up for their goal between Flood and Reynolds was shocking.

Thankfully what ever was done at half time worked as we came out flying in the second half, I think County had a small chance just after the second half started but then we turned the screw and before we knew it we were 2-1 up!

We did seem to then sit back again though and invite County on to us and they had a few chances including the one that needed a top save from Danny Ward, it actually seemed to be that save that spurned us back in to gear and then went on to get the 3rd. Overall I though the second half performance was very good and it was reminiscent of our early season form.

Touching on the comment about the negative comments from the Dons fanbase. As a season ticket holder I will openly share my opinion on how I think the team are performing whether it is positive or negative and I certainly dont think fans could be begrudged having a moan considering how awful we have been playing recently.

Touching on the comment about the negative comments from the Dons fanbase. As a season ticket holder I will openly share my opinion on how I think the team are performing whether it is positive or negative and I certainly dont think fans could be begrudged having a moan considering how awful we have been playing recently.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to moan when we're poor, of course we should be criticism when things are poor.  The point I was trying to make was the OTT nonsense that went along with the criticism.

I'm with you Embradon. Lord knows I like a moan, even when we're winning, it was the made up shite that was wearing thin. I'm not saying all the negative chatter was lies but the volume and nature of some of the accusations make me think a high percentage was fantasy.

Anyway, that 7 from 9, without being convincing. That's title winning form, ;-)

I'm with you Embradon. Lord knows I like a moan, even when we're winning, it was the made up shite that was wearing thin. I'm not saying all the negative chatter was lies but the volume and nature of some of the accusations make me think a high percentage was fantasy.

Anyway, that 7 from 9, without being convincing. That's title winning form, ;-)

Thought that after the game on Saturday, wondered when some wise guys might raise that ;)

Hopefully all have put whatever it was (if anything) behind them. Two big games coming up and both on TV  :dance:

That was the proverbial game of two halves was it nae! Although we had one or two half chances in the first half we were second best and County were decent value for their lead. Niall McGinn was absolutely superb in the second half. As was Hayes. Hayes thoroughly deserved the bit of luck he got with his cross that ended up in the back of the net. I thought Foster actually did ok considering how shite he is. I don't think he lost the ball once. Lost his pace though and that was his only attribute when he was with us.

That's 7 points from 9 and we're threatening to put together a wee run again.  :thumbsup: Big game on Saturday that we must win if we went to build up some momentum.

Regarding the negativity... I'm all for having a moan on an internet forum. But the pricks that go to Pittodrie (and there are many of them) to seemingly constantly moan fucking get on my nerves. I've always been one for encouraging rather than berating. Very few people if any respond well to beration so what's the fucking point?

That was the proverbial game of two halves was it nae! Although we had one or two half chances in the first half we were second best and County were decent value for their lead. Niall McGinn was absolutely superb in the second half. As was Hayes. Hayes thoroughly deserved the bit of luck he got with his cross that ended up in the back of the net. I thought Foster actually did ok considering how shite he is. I don't think he lost the ball once. Lost his pace though and that was his only attribute when he was with us.

That's 7 points from 9 and we're threatening to put together a wee run again.  :thumbsup: Big game on Saturday that we must win if we went to build up some momentum.

Regarding the negativity... I'm all for having a moan on an internet forum. But the pricks that go to Pittodrie (and there are many of them) to seemingly constantly moan fucking get on my nerves. I've always been one for encouraging rather than berating. Very few people if any respond well to beration so what's the fucking point?

I felt a bit sorry for Foster and was disappointed, though unsurprised, at the boo's he received.  On sportsound the other night he was asked what his biggest achievement in the game was and he answered without hesitation.  "Being made captain at Aberdeen".  I think it's a real shame that someone who clearly has great affection and respect  for our club get's it so hard from from our fans, regardless of what you thought of him as a player.  Ultimately he never asked for the loan move to mordor and, according to him, was being pushed out the door by McGhee.  I remember being really pissed when it happened as it left us with no recognisable FB's and, tin hat on, I actually thought Foster had developed into an effective fb.  The fact that he was going to the fucking huns was just the icing on the cake. 

As for the game it's already been summed up and not much else to add.  I thought flood carried us a bit in the first half and had a pretty decent game and t was nice to see some of the early season strength of character again.  It's potentially a turning point........ We will soon find out anyway as December holds :-

dundee away

hearts home

Killie away

ICT home

Partick home

Dundee away is the key game there IMO.  Had a few bad results there the past year and a convincing win there would set us up nicely for the next 4.  If we win at Dens I would be really looking for us to take 15/15 from December

Foster has been his own worst enemy. He's pretty much hated by the fans of every club he's been at, until now I guess, I doubt the County fans have strong feelings either way and he's probably at a decent club for his ability now.

I thought he deserved to be our captain at the time, that's purely because of the dearth of talent around at that time. He deserved it more than Mark fucking Kerr anyway.

Dundee away is a big one but Hearts at home is vital. As Celtic showed last season, winning all your head to heads gives a 24 point swing. If we want to consolidate 2nd, we need to aim to turn them over every time we play.

MancDon, just clicked on your name as thread starter by accident and see you're based in Korea, is that right?  Did you know Aberdeen Uni are opening a campus there?  I was in Seoul last month. Loved it. Very impressive place and a lot of fun.