Author Topic: EPL  (Read 7803 times)

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
Re: EPL
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 09:35:07 AM »
Disgraceful behaviour. The only Chelsea fan I know told me it was ficticious  ::)

Offline mizer

• Manager
  • Rating: -107
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 05:27:50 PM »
I saw that on your FB feed  :rofl:

Real head in the sand stuff. The French prosecutors office say possibly 45,000E fine and 5 years in the jail if he find them.

Offline mizer

• Manager
  • Rating: -107
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 01:14:13 PM »
One of the accused........

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -199
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 09:23:41 AM »
If the claims that the EPL was the "best league in the world" were premature before, its indisputable now. We can't argue with results. All four European finalists from the same country, and the champions elect not being one of them is an incredible feat.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2019, 10:44:09 PM »
EPL over before December.

The European Champions are the best football team I've ever seen in England. Not many will agree with that just now. By May, more will agree with it. No weaknesses. All attack. Beautiful rhythm and balance. Plus heart, the ability to grind. Gorgeous to watch.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2019, 07:31:50 PM »

The European Champions are the best football team I've ever seen in England. Not many will agree with that just now. By May, more will agree with it. No weaknesses. All attack. Beautiful rhythm and balance. Plus heart, the ability to grind. Gorgeous to watch.

Don't get much time to watch non Dons / Nix football these days, but as much as it pains me to say it, Liverpool do play great football (from what i've managed to see).  Even the most bitter manc would find it hard to disagree that they won't win it this year. And deservedly so.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2019, 07:11:53 AM »

Wouldn't be so sure. Not certain. Man C were awesome last night, again. It's up to Liverpool to keep up picking points and whilst home to Everton and away to hapless Bournemouth SHOULD be six points, it's doesn't always work like that of course. There is still a very long way to go.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 119
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2019, 02:17:45 PM »
If there's one team that could still fuck it up from here it's Liverpool. I wouldn't have bet on Leicester being the best of the rest at this stage. Liverpool have a lot of irons in the fire so it'll all come down to Klopp's management. They only have one fit senior central defender too so the depth of the squad will come under scrutiny too. The depth of City's squad hasn't helped them. They lost Laporte earlier in the season and the fact is that John Stones is in fact utterly dreadful and barely looks like a £5M player nevermind a £50M player.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2019, 02:44:03 PM »
If there's one team that could still fuck it up from here it's Liverpool. I wouldn't have bet on Leicester being the best of the rest at this stage. Liverpool have a lot of irons in the fire so it'll all come down to Klopp's management. They only have one fit senior central defender too so the depth of the squad will come under scrutiny too. The depth of City's squad hasn't helped them. They lost Laporte earlier in the season and the fact is that John Stones is in fact utterly dreadful and barely looks like a £5M player nevermind a £50M player.

I think I was right the first time. The EPL trophy is heading Anfield way and it was before December started. City getting beat at home to Man U may well be the final nail in their coffin and the biggest boost to Liverpool. 1/7 at the bookies isn't certain, nor could it be with 22 games to go but like you I wouldn't have imagined Leicester to have started so well. But they're a very good team and very well managed, as we can see not just from their skills but from their hunger and motivation. That goal that Maddison whipped in to Iheanacho was fantastic and all over the pitch, they're playing with great desire. Vardy is like a man reborn under Brenda but given the firepower that Liverpool have up front, I simply can't see them dropping enough points for the gap to be closed and I'm certain that Leicester aren't going to win every game. Their bubble almost burst v. Everton and they're going to drop points soon and with them going to Man C before Xmas and hosting Liverpool on Boxing Day, the title will either be slightly more alive or all over by the end of December,

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 37
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2019, 04:38:24 PM »
Liverpool won't blow it from where they are. Although I do think City will narrow the gap down to around 6 points by season's end. Leicester, as RS says, will likely drop points before New Year and will lose the odd game over the course of the season that the other 2 won't....somewhere unexpected like Bournemouth or Burnley.