Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

EPL

manc_don

If there's one team that could still fuck it up from here it's Liverpool. I wouldn't have bet on Leicester being the best of the rest at this stage. Liverpool have a lot of irons in the fire so it'll all come down to Klopp's management. They only have one fit senior central defender too so the depth of the squad will come under scrutiny too. The depth of City's squad hasn't helped them. They lost Laporte earlier in the season and the fact is that John Stones is in fact utterly dreadful and barely looks like a £5M player nevermind a £50M player.

I think I was right the first time. The EPL trophy is heading Anfield way and it was before December started. City getting beat at home to Man U may well be the final nail in their coffin and the biggest boost to Liverpool. 1/7 at the bookies isn't certain, nor could it be with 22 games to go but like you I wouldn't have imagined Leicester to have started so well. But they're a very good team and very well managed, as we can see not just from their skills but from their hunger and motivation. That goal that Maddison whipped in to Iheanacho was fantastic and all over the pitch, they're playing with great desire. Vardy is like a man reborn under Brenda but given the firepower that Liverpool have up front, I simply can't see them dropping enough points for the gap to be closed and I'm certain that Leicester aren't going to win every game. Their bubble almost burst v. Everton and they're going to drop points soon and with them going to Man C before Xmas and hosting Liverpool on Boxing Day, the title will either be slightly more alive or all over by the end of December,

Liverpool won't blow it from where they are. Although I do think City will narrow the gap down to around 6 points by season's end. Leicester, as RS says, will likely drop points before New Year and will lose the odd game over the course of the season that the other 2 won't....somewhere unexpected like Bournemouth or Burnley.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched Spurs again tonight, they really look to be toiling. So many players just not on their game.  Do you think that levy will let Jose spend in the summer?

He has genuinely managed to make Ericson, Alli, son and sessegnon look like league 2 players in a matter of weeks. Can he turn it around?

Watched Spurs again tonight, they really look to be toiling. So many players just not on their game.  Do you think that levy will let Jose spend in the summer?

He has genuinely managed to make Ericson, Alli, son and sessegnon look like league 2 players in a matter of weeks. Can he turn it around?

Only saw a bit of the first half on TV. Spurs looked like they were cruising it early doors

Some finish by Lamela for their second goal

On a seperate matter see Everton have announced an annual loss of close to £112 million

Seriously, how do you survive like that  ???

Everton have announced an annual loss of close to £112 million

Seriously, how do you survive like that  ???

To lose over £2m a week would be almost impossible but for two reasons; gross incompetence or financial engineering.

The latter takes many forms including a long term asset control plan, money laundering, tax avoidance, tax evasion and the legitimisation of ill gotten gains (also a longer term plan). Abramovich at Chelsea was the latter. Milne at AFC was the first mentioned. Donald Trump has spent the last 20 years evading tax posting losses in every venture he's been involved in. It doesn't come out of his pocket, nor the select few he greases.

WTF  ::)

Manchester United have made a substantial offer to Birmingham City for England youth international Jude Bellingham as the English Premier League club attempts to broaden Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 's midfield options in the winter window.

According to a source at the Championship club, United's offer for Bellingham would guarantee £25million for a midfielder who has been a regular in their starting line-up since becoming Birmingham's younger ever first-team player in August at 16 years and 38 days. Bellingham's performances have attracted scouts from across Europe, with Arsenal also understood to hold a strong interest in securing his signature.

So in the "best league in the world"  ;) Liverpool have 2 games in hand to go 19 points clear after just 23 games

I have no idea what this post is trying to say but I know where the poster is coming from.

The world includes many who are full of resentment. The success of others is unpalatable to them as it reinforces how spectacularly unsuccessful and sad their shit lives are. They miss the beauty of the overachievers and they deny facts in their desperation not to face their own personal truths. Tragic really.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I have no idea what this post is trying to say but I know where the poster is coming from.

The world includes many who are full of resentment. The success of others is unpalatable to them as it reinforces how spectacularly unsuccessful and sad their shit lives are. They miss the beauty of the overachievers and they deny facts in their desperation not to face their own personal truths. Tragic really.

That explains your constant bitterness towards Stewart Milne perfectly. Thanks for enlightening us all with your nuggets of expertise.

That explains your constant bitterness towards Stewart Milne perfectly. Thanks for enlightening us all with your nuggets of expertise.

I'm not "bitter" towards Milne. I detest him for who he is and what he's done. The way he abused his contractors doesn't bother me. Nor how he used inducements to influence public sector workers. I don't even care that he doesn't care about his customers. That's life. But when his actions affected AFC plc, it affected me and that's unacceptable. The key is to understand what the truth was. Fools can't see truth.

So in the "best league in the world"  ;) Liverpool have 2 games in hand to go 19 points clear after just 23 games

As I've obviously completed misinterpreted your post, perhaps you might explain it?

Liverpool have done something no team in Europe has ever done, in the history of the game.

Eventually, the commentators and even their opposition's managers are describing them as the best team in the world, including the most successful manager in the league (although his success was in the past and came to an abrupt halt after he abused a pretty young Spanish physio, karma following its true and natural path as always).

What's your point?