Author Topic: Managers in England  (Read 141562 times)

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 13
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
Re: Managers in England
« Reply #1160 on: October 08, 2019, 04:08:48 PM »
Highly doubt they would come back in for him, he did speak to them initially and turned it down, not much has changed for them, other than conman Bain being ousted.

However, IF they did, McInnes should absolutely take it, best for us and himself that he did.

Would then beg the question, would we trust the Board to get his replacement right.

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #1161 on: October 08, 2019, 04:39:09 PM »
Ross becoming available now would surely be too good an opportunity for Hearts to miss out on?

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 24
« Reply #1162 on: October 08, 2019, 04:42:42 PM »
Highly doubt they would come back in for him, he did speak to them initially and turned it down, not much has changed for them, other than conman Bain being ousted.

However, IF they did, McInnes should absolutely take it, best for us and himself that he did.

Would then beg the question, would we trust the Board to get his replacement right.

Comes a point when you just have to take that plunge.It would have been best for all if Derek had left on good terms at the end of last season with his stock still high,but while the signs were there that his time was up.Unless a manager is performing exceptionally,6 years in a job these days is longer than most.How Milne(or Derek) didnt spot the signs is a mystery,compounded by the 3 year extension. Ive no desire to see McInnes hounded out of his job,but it looks like it could get messy unless he pulls something off quickly.
   Do i trust Milne to appoint the right man? Nuh!! We just have to hope he flukes the right appointment
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 04:57:13 PM by Elgindon »

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #1163 on: October 08, 2019, 05:01:18 PM »
Can’t we just send McInnes to Sunderland and take Ross?

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 24
« Reply #1164 on: October 08, 2019, 05:26:43 PM »

Ive got a panel van he could be bundled into the back of....

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 13
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #1165 on: October 08, 2019, 05:28:17 PM »
Comes a point when you just have to take that plunge.It would have been best for all if Derek had left on good terms at the end of last season with his stock still high,but while the signs were there that his time was up.Unless a manager is performing exceptionally,6 years in a job these days is longer than most.How Milne(or Derek) didnt spot the signs is a mystery,compounded by the 3 year extension. Ive no desire to see McInnes hounded out of his job,but it looks like it could get messy unless he pulls something off quickly.
   Do i trust Milne to appoint the right man? Nuh!! We just have to hope he flukes the right appointment

Cormack would be involved in the process of recruiting a new Manger now though, wouldn't he?

Can't say I know anything about the guy in all honesty, but he's a supporter and he's invested in the Club, obviously Milne has as well, but many question his actual interest when it comes to the Club, could the same be said about Cormack? Would he not be more sensible in something like appointing a Manager etc... Personally, I have no idea.

Something I am absolutely positive on though, is that we would not have a shortage of Applicants, it's then up to them to get it right.
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #1166 on: October 08, 2019, 05:44:23 PM »
Interesting to see that Jack was sacked with a record of P74 W39 D25 L10. Really not that bad a record especially given they had to rebuild a team in his first season.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #1167 on: October 08, 2019, 06:05:24 PM »
Full tank of diesel in the motor this morning, more than enough to drive Derek down and Jack up the road.
Happy to give up a day of self employment to make this happen
Steve warm his seat up

Online manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #1168 on: October 08, 2019, 07:45:05 PM »
Those stats aren't bad, but as someone said elsewhere, it's the draws that have killed him. I'd happily see us give him a go.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #1169 on: October 08, 2019, 08:49:13 PM »
Don't see us going for Ross. Can absolutely see Hearts going for him though