Author Topic: Managers in England  (Read 119151 times)

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 18
Re: Managers in England
« Reply #1140 on: May 13, 2019, 11:35:05 AM »
Chris Hughton sacked by Brighton after keeping them up for 2nd season in a row.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 04:03:57 PM by Jute »

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 11
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #1141 on: May 13, 2019, 01:13:49 PM »
I see a lot of outrage regarding the Hughton sacking, but hasn't he spent 70+ million? Finishing 17th. I appreciate that the EPL is obviously more difficult, but they were almost relegated and when you see he's spent a decent chunk more than several clubs that finished above them, added to the dire Football apparently on show, it kind of makes sense.

Maybe they feel they can attract a manager that puts a better squad together for the money they have available to spend, but I am not sure what they expect, I very much doubt they'd qualify for Europe or that, so is a Mid Table the best they can hope for? The prize money becomes rather different the higher you finish, naturally, so maybe that is their thinking? Who knows.
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #1142 on: May 13, 2019, 03:29:51 PM »
Brighton should be on their knees thanking Hughton for keeping them in the EPL. I'm not sure what exactly they expect of him but any manager doing as he has done deserves another season. Even spending £70 million (and putting it into perspective, clubs in the top 6 will spend that on a single player)……..Norwich and Sheffield United will spend at least that much this summer and if they finish 17th next season will consider every penny of it well spent. 

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
« Reply #1143 on: May 17, 2019, 11:07:42 PM »
Tony Pulis sacked by Middlesbrough following them not making the play offs. Had them playing some awful football as well.

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
« Reply #1144 on: Today at 12:17:21 AM »
Graham Potter appointed as Brighton manager.