Author Topic: Other Transfer News  (Read 162961 times)

Offline DantheDon

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 1
Re: Other Transfer News
« Reply #1240 on: June 14, 2019, 05:36:49 PM »
I see that turnball has rejected Celtics offer. Good on the lad, Im sure he will do much better getting a regular game for Motherwell for a few seasons.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #1241 on: June 14, 2019, 06:29:55 PM »
I see that turnball has rejected Celtics offer. Good on the lad, Im sure he will do much better getting a regular game for Motherwell for a few seasons.

Good on him and his agent.
Anything that fucks over that horrible club is music to my ears.
They would have already been calculating the profit they could turn on him.
Genuinely good enough to cut out them and go straight to next stage :thumbsup:
Steve warm his seat up

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #1242 on: June 14, 2019, 08:30:00 PM »
Celtic saying that it is Turnbull's agent that has caused the problem. deal not dead...yet...but that they are "ready to move on from the deal"

Still think he will sign on

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 52
« Reply #1243 on: June 14, 2019, 09:47:12 PM »
I think the kid is just assessing his options, he'll have seen how Mcginn got on last season.  Basically celtic think they have a god given right to all Scottish talented youth but its being seen through now.
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #1244 on: June 15, 2019, 09:25:19 AM »
Celtic are claiming the agent has been touting Turnbull around English clubs trying to get him a better deal. I've got a healthy hatred of all agents but suppose he's just doing his job. Could spectacularly blow up in the player's face though if he gets nothing down south, starts the season with 'Well and snaps a cruciate.

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #1245 on: June 15, 2019, 09:33:17 AM »
Hope he sees how Scott Allen and Lewis Morgan have done since signing for Celtic and picks a place where he will actually play. Benefits him and potentially Scotland.

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #1246 on: June 15, 2019, 09:45:48 AM »
Lee “the Grass” Wallace has signed for QPR. Had a horrible feeling he might end up with us.

Offline OxfordDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #1247 on: June 19, 2019, 10:47:21 AM »
Celtic are claiming the agent has been touting Turnbull around English clubs trying to get him a better deal. I've got a healthy hatred of all agents but suppose he's just doing his job. Could spectacularly blow up in the player's face though if he gets nothing down south, starts the season with 'Well and snaps a cruciate.

Seems to have worked - Norwich City £3.25M bid accepted by Well

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48685494

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #1248 on: June 19, 2019, 08:28:42 PM »
Pleased for Motherwell, glad to see them get decent money for a player. Celtic with egg on their face

Offline DantheDon

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #1249 on: June 21, 2019, 04:04:14 PM »
Maybe we spoke to soon. Seems he has agreed to join Celtic.

Offline kiriakovisthenewstrachan

• First Team
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #1250 on: June 22, 2019, 12:11:03 PM »
A lot of speculation that Kieren Tierney will end up at Arsenal. Does anyone reckon he is actually good enough to cut it down there and actually worth the £25m that Celtic are holding out for? I'd be surprised if he is able to hold down a first team place there.  ???

Offline wee toon red

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 24
« Reply #1251 on: June 22, 2019, 02:35:49 PM »
A lot of speculation that Kieren Tierney will end up at Arsenal. Does anyone reckon he is actually good enough to cut it down there and actually worth the £25m that Celtic are holding out for? I'd be surprised if he is able to hold down a first team place there.  ???

Yes and yes. Tierney is already a very good player, who will only get better with the experience of training and playing at a higher standard than he currently does. If Palace are looking for £40m plus for a 20yo right back who has only played one season in the first team then £25m for Tierney isn’t unreasonable. Celtic don’t need to sell him and he doesn’t appear to be in a rush to leave so they can ask whatever they like for him.
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #1252 on: June 22, 2019, 07:48:06 PM »
Definitely good enough, just not quite as good as Robertson. Typical Scotland to have 2 world class players at the same time for the first time in decades and both play the same feckin position...

And £15 million is a joke. Robertson is reckoned to be valued at £60-80 million now.....Tierney is certainly worth half that

Offline kiriakovisthenewstrachan

• First Team
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #1253 on: June 24, 2019, 08:44:26 AM »
Yes and yes. Tierney is already a very good player, who will only get better with the experience of training and playing at a higher standard than he currently does. If Palace are looking for £40m plus for a 20yo right back who has only played one season in the first team then £25m for Tierney isn’t unreasonable. Celtic don’t need to sell him and he doesn’t appear to be in a rush to leave so they can ask whatever they like for him.

I hope you are right wee toon, always like to see Scots going south and doing well.  I guess the difference with the guy at Palace is he has already proven he can play at that level whereas Tierney is largely unproven at the very top level except for a handful of Champions League games.  Just thinking that since the top six in England became mega rich and able to afford anyone in the world we have probably only had Robertson playing for one of them, no other Scots I can think of have nailed down a first team place on a regular basis at a top six team in England really in the last five or six years.

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 13
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #1254 on: June 24, 2019, 04:34:45 PM »
He's proven to be a decent SPFL full back, nothing more. Robertson is streets ahead of him, as is the likes of Danny Rose, Lucas Digne, Marcos Alonso, Ryan Bertrand etc... This is typical bollocks surrounding The Tims and their massively overrated wankers ( See Scott Brown ) The likes of McFadden saying he's in the top 2 Left Backs in Britain, if not Europe, and Bonner saying Arsenal are not big enough for him, fuck right off.

They should have bitten Arsenal's hands off for that 15 Million, he's a good age, yes, he can improve under different training regimes and playing against a higher standard of opposition ( Although he may also struggle? ) But I absolutely guarantee you, Max Lowe, even the lad Greg Taylor at Kilmarnock, would have the same impact on Celtic's team if they were to replace Tierney.

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #1255 on: June 24, 2019, 05:06:31 PM »
Don't agree that Robertson is streets ahead but is the better overall of the 2. As a pure defender, Tierney edges it...and gives an option of covering left centre back in emergency that Robertson doesn't.

As an attacking full back Robertson has the edge and is quicker over the ground. As I've said before....Robertson's value is estimated now at £60millon or so. If Tierney was at a club in the EPL of a similar level as Celtic...maybe Wolves or West Ham.....he'd be worth at least £25-£30million. I don't think Celtic will get that purely because they're Scottish but I think they're correct to reject £15million. Probably they'll bite at £20millon

• Star Striker
« Reply #1256 on: June 24, 2019, 05:19:19 PM »
Don't agree that Robertson is streets ahead but is the better overall of the 2. As a pure defender, Tierney edges it...and gives an option of covering left centre back in emergency that Robertson doesn't.

As an attacking full back Robertson has the edge and is quicker over the ground. As I've said before....Robertson's value is estimated now at £60millon or so. If Tierney was at a club in the EPL of a similar level as Celtic...maybe Wolves or West Ham.....he'd be worth at least £25-£30million. I don't think Celtic will get that purely because they're Scottish but I think they're correct to reject £15million. Probably they'll bite at £20millon

Robertson earned his move to a Club like Liverpool by going to Hull City if I remember correctly, playing and proving that he can play, against far superior players than we have up here, 2 seasons of Premier League and a season in the Championship, where he played over 90 matches. He's now Scotland's Captain, Liverpool's 1st Choice Left Back, a Premier League Runner Up and a Champions League Winner, he's only 25 years old. That's why he is worth that figure. He is absolutely streets ahead of Kieran Tierney, who is only 3 years younger and done nothing apart from play in a Domestic League utterly dominated by Celtic.

Like I said, there's potential there given that he may well improve the way Robertson improved, because let's not forget that Robertson wasn't playing initially as Klopp didn't think he was ready, but right now, he's a Bournemouth/Burnley Left Back at best.

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #1257 on: June 24, 2019, 07:48:34 PM »
Arsenal don't seem to think so. Or Leicester...…

Possibly Napoli also

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 24
« Reply #1258 on: June 24, 2019, 08:13:48 PM »
 All seems to have gone quiet on the Ryan Fraser front.Was it just wishful speculation on Dons fans/Ryan Frasers  part or is there still something in this?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:30:11 PM by Elgindon »

• Star Striker
« Reply #1259 on: June 24, 2019, 08:15:39 PM »
Arsenal don't seem to think so. Or Leicester...…

Possibly Napoli also

Ben Chilwell is Leicester's Left Back, Tierney won't be played ahead of him, Napoli have Marco Rui, who is the Portugal Left Back, he's not going to play ahead of him either.

Arsenal I can understand, Monreal ageing and Kolasinac isn't really that good, but he wouldn't walk into their team, and yes Paki Bonnar, they're more than big enough for him you fucking balloon.

I'm not disputing his potential TC, but I will not buy into the " He's worth 25 million, he's more than good enough etc... " he's far from it. If the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley or a Brighton, took a punt on him between 8-15 Million, and he was successful, then I understand a bigger club going in for him, but as it stands, on the basis of what exactly? Does he merit a 25 million pound price tag, and the possibility that Arsenal are not a big enough Club for him?

At least with Robertson, we saw he was more than capable of stepping up after his successful stint at Hull City, in the Premier League. Even then, it took him a while to step up.

And lets see how concrete any interest is, Leicester obviously being linked due to the Rogers connection, probably fuck all in that one.