Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Peter Pawlett

Real shame, thought he played well against Utd, and this was his chance to get a run in the team. Fairly brave of him to come out for the second half, he clearly was in pain! I doubt we can rely on him for next season and expect it'll be his last chance. Our squad is thin and we need all the players fit for the remainder of the season.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is his contract up manc? It's bad news but at least Hayes is due back and Scott Wright has impressed in the under 20's.

I was trying to find the list of players who were out of contract on here but to no avail. I just get the impression that him and possibly Smith are on their last chance. Neither are doing much when they play and wonder whether we could get someone else in or promote someone with a bit more to their game. Pawlett just runs into players rather than past them now, don't think he's been the same since that season. Confidence or what, I have no idea. Scott Wright certainly sounds a prospect from the u-20s footage I've watched, maybe it's time for him to get his shot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Well that's it confirmed he's likely to be offski:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/aberdeen-boss-mcinnes-confirms-peter-pawlett-set-to-move-to-mk-dons

Aberdeen FC boss Derek McInnes today confirmed Peter Pawlett is set to leave Pittodrie in the summer for MK Dons.

The 26-year-old’s deal with the Aberdeen expires in the summer and he is set to sign a pre-contract with the League One outfit.

Pawlett was offered a new deal by Aberdeen but is ready to reject that to try his luck South of the border.

McInnes said:  “It’s been indicated that Peter will probably sign a pre-contract with MK Dons, something we’ve aware of for the last couple of weeks.

“We made Peter a good offer but he’s indicated that going to England is something he’s always wanted to do.”

Pawlett confirmed to the Evening Express earlier this week that he was keen to get his future sorted – one way or another.

He admitted that could be away from Pittodrie as he is keen to retain regular first team football.

Although he started in Sunday’s 1-0 Scottish Cup win against Partick Thistle it was only his seventh start of the season.

McInnes insisted Pawlett, who has spent more than a decade with the Dons, still has an important role to play for the rest of the season.

He said: “Whatever happens, Peter has a role to play between now and the end of the season to help us achieve our objectives and if he does decide to go, we’ll wish him well with that”

Well, I suppose he has to go with our best wishes.

I had high hopes for him at one time but it looks as if his most famous game will be one that he never actually played in.

I hope he scores the winner in this years Scottish Cup final to make up for it.

His departure will be met by frustration imo.  He clearly has the skills but couldn't use them or execute them consistently enough.  Good luck to him, just a shame it's to MK Dons. Pricks.

As you say DD, here's to him scoring the winning goal in the cup final  :thumbsup:

I'd assume we made offers to Jack, Taylor, and McGinn. The nature of the offer will reflect how much we want to keep them. I'd expect Pawlett and Taylor got offered a very average deal for the player and influence they have on the team. No loss to see PP go, gives players like Wright the much needed opportunity.

Ach, that's a shame, always liked Pawlett. I can't help but think that with a little bit better management could have seen a lot more out of him. Although it's perhaps unfair to expect too much time and effort devoted to one player. MK Dons will be signing a player who - judging by his appearances for us - is physically unable to complete 90 minutes. I'll take an interest in his career, and wish him all the best.

Agree he has been a good servant and should depart with everyone's best wishes.

MK Dons are probably his true level, on a par with your Kilmarnocks and Motherwells up here ability wise but he will easily get double the wage that we could offer and at his age that's the most important concern.

Neilson is a bellend of the highest order but he's got them playing pretty well  :o

Anyway all the best loon. Make your last couple of months here memorable.

I think he's a bit better than that.

Ex-Caley player Marley Watkins is one of Barnsley's best players and they're in the top half of the Championship, Pawlett's a better player than him from what I can remember of his time at Inverness.

Ex-Dundee Utd winger Craig Conway has been playing in the Championship for the last 6 years, I don't remember him being as good as Pawlett either.

If he can sort out his fitness issues, there's nothing stopping him going up a level.

Ach,I'll be sorry to see him go.When he was on the pitch I liked the thought that something great could happen,even though you knew it only happened occasionally.Still think theres a player in there,dont think he's lazy,just appears we're not the right fit for him.

All the best to him

rn-pp-4x392-3616095_613x460.jpg

Gone.

http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/2016-17/dons-agree-deal-to-sign-pawlett-3616098.aspx

Midfielder Peter Pawlett has signed a pre-contract agreement with MK Dons.

Pawlett, who is currently with Scottish Premiership side Aberdeen, will move to Stadium MK this summer on a two-year deal. He will remain with the Pittodrie outfit for the remainder of the 2016/17 campaign.

The 26-year-old has made over 210 senior appearances for Aberdeen and St. Johnstone, 177 of which have come in Scottish football’s top flight.

After putting pen-to-paper on the agreement, Pawlett told mkdons.com: “I’m delighted to sign for MK Dons.

“I think it’s the right time in my career to come down to England. As soon as I heard of the interest, I knew that this was where I wanted to be – this is a great club with a great stadium and it was a huge attraction for me.

“The ambition and potential here is huge so hopefully I can come here next season and we can really progress – I’m really looking forward to it.”

Dons boss Robbie Neilson said of the midfielder: “I’m looking forward to getting him down here next season. He’s had a really good career in Scotland and played a lot of games at a real high level.

“He feels it’s time for him to make that next step and hopefully we can provide the platform for him to do that.

“He’s direct, quick and makes things happen – he’s the type of player I think we need at this Club. Hopefully he can come down and replicate the good performances he’s had up at Aberdeen.”

Read more at http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/2016-17/dons-agree-deal-to-sign-pawlett-3616098.aspx#Ijd3mG0U2mAwCvVj.99

Aye. He signed a deal with us when he was worth something, so that was good. Shown decent loyalty, so should get a decent send off.

MK Dons is what we aspire to these days anyway with our new out-of-town off-the-peg stadium......

;D

On a serious note, it's probably the right move for him and as Reidzer said, he's shown loyalty and certainly leaves with my best wishes. Given how little he's played over the past couple of years, we won't really miss him but will certainly need to replace him.

I just hope this is an isolated incident and the others all sign up.

Aye good luck to the loon, he needs to be playing football a lot more than he has been recently at this stage of his career, but I don't think he will suit Neilsens hoofball style of play.

I think he might actually. He certainly suited our more direct approach at the weekend. He gets a lot more space in that type of game and is quick to get onto loose balls. Anyway, academic.

Will this type of offer from down South turn Jack's head? If Pawlett is good enough for MK Dons, then I'd have thought Jack could happily aim higher. If Pawlett is getting an improved salary will Jack see it as an opportunity too. I had hopes (nae really) he'd go on to become an EPL player rather than just leave us for a mediocre Championship side, but he might think that type of chance may not come anymore. I could see him being tempted away.

I think he might actually. He certainly suited our more direct approach at the weekend. He gets a lot more space in that type of game and is quick to get onto loose balls. Anyway, academic.

Will this type of offer from down South turn Jack's head? If Pawlett is good enough for MK Dons, then I'd have thought Jack could happily aim higher. If Pawlett is getting an improved salary will Jack see it as an opportunity too. I had hopes (nae really) he'd go on to become an EPL player rather than just leave us for a mediocre Championship side, but he might think that type of chance may not come anymore. I could see him being tempted away.

I actually think Jack will leave us in the summer along with McGinn. Could be an interesting summer for the manager.

I actually think Jack will leave us in the summer along with McGinn. Could be an interesting summer for the manager.

My thoughts exactly.  Potentially a lot of positions to fill.  Captaincy is easy enough to replace, but Jack is a quality player regardless of what some folk think.

Jack wants to leave apparently. His form has improved the last couple of months but if his reasoning for wanting to leave is true then he can gtf to fuck. Having said that I will assume that it's not true, In which case I'd like him to sign.

Jack wants to leave apparently. His form has improved the last couple of months but if his reasoning for wanting to leave is true then he can gtf to fuck. Having said that I will assume that it's not true, In which case I'd like him to sign.

What's the rumoured reason to want to leave?

Hope it's not true regardless, really need to be keeping the likes of Jack