Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

23/24 Strips

2 minutes ago, scotfree said:

That's me pre-ordered the top. Early anniversary present from the wife. Not told her yet that all she's getting is a can of Coke and a packet of crisps... 👀

Hope you're not being overly tight mate and that it is a family bag of crisps she's getting😉

Can I be the nominated miserable Aberdonian this year? I don't like either strip. The home or away. 

I also think Adidas are massively overrated and they've made a total arse of a few strips this year, namely Celtic's home one and the abomination of Juventus' home strip.

For context, Juventus' home top.

IMG_9297.jpeg.ab72f8f9987128fac9b8e3d2551ff1c1.jpeg

I mean, fuck Juventus for getting themselves kicked out of the Conference League and potentially denying us a belter of an away trip, but that strip wouldn't be welcome at Pittodrie anyway.

Edited by Panda

8 minutes ago, Panda said:

Can I be the nominated miserable Aberdonian this year? I don't like either strip. The home or away. 

I also think Adidas are massively overrated and they've made a total arse of a few strips this year, namely Celtic's home one and the abomination of Juventus' home strip.

For context, Juventus' home top.

IMG_9297.jpeg.ab72f8f9987128fac9b8e3d2551ff1c1.jpeg

I mean, fuck Juventus for getting themselves kicked out of the Conference League and potentially denying us a belter of an away trip, but that strip wouldn't be welcome at Pittodrie anyway.

That's absolutely fucking horrific

2 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

My first thought on pics of the new home top is the gold bits look a bit like they were white but are now urine stained. I need to see it in the flesh to fully judge it but not overly impressed at the moment. 

C'mon TLG, you're trying to take the piss 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, scotfree said:

I've always found Puma tops to have a cheap feel to them. The Nike shirts that we had before going back to Adidas were rather meh.

The Puma home & away tops we had in 97-98 were among my favourite strips. Just a shame they evoke memories of Roy Aitken and Alex Miller and us being gash (except Eoin Jess of course).

IMG_9303.thumb.jpeg.98c2f101d4058bd88407f382cc2a51f1.jpegIMG_9304.jpeg.a13d83fdb87eb5ef49088439955b5b1d.jpeg

This new home strip looks a lot like the Nike strip of 2010/11.

ecbb3d90-650f-4e94-b11b-e4f6c2b04d20.thumb.jpeg.79a31cd89a9d0b7d0c847d91ace7c0f6.jpegIMG_9301.thumb.jpeg.c5e6459fbda83128ac13420c6654c3e7.jpeg

5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

All this thread has confirmed is that Panda has poor taste in fitba kits.

Thirded. Both strips look fantastic IMHO. Already got the away one but that will have to do - expensive business for the fans with the club releasing two strips every season!

Surely if we’re ever to ditch Adidas, it would be for Castore hopefully.