Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Semi final ticket sales

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/south_of_scotland/7326412.stm

Thousands of Queen of the South fans have snapped up tickets for their Scottish Cup semi-final with Aberdeen.

The Dumfries side face the Dons at Hampden on 12 April - the first time the Doonhamers have reached that stage of the competition in 58 years.

A club spokesman said they had sold about 5,500 tickets so far.

Aberdeen have reported a "relatively slow" response so far but expect that to pick up when general ticket sales open up on Thursday.

A spokesman for the Pittodrie club said they remained confident of taking several thousand fans to the match.

Queen of the South's ticket sales are already more than double their average home attendance this season, which stands at about 2,000 supporters.

The town itself has a population of a little over 30,000.

The Dumfries side reached the cup semi-final thanks to a 2-0 win over Dundee.

They have yet to concede a goal in this year's competition.

I thought we would be bringing a pretty decent crowd down, but going on that I may have to think again as if anyone is going to go it will be people in supporters clubs. I know we have a record order put in, which maybe skewed my thoughts.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/south_of_scotland/7326412.stm

I thought we would be bringing a pretty decent crowd down, but going on that I may have to think again as if anyone is going to go it will be people in supporters clubs. I know we have a record order put in, which maybe skewed my thoughts.

I hope AFC take note of who was or wasn't at the semi final when it comes to allocating tickets for the final assuming we get there of course

How can I put this?

Fuck you! ;)

No matter which way i try to explain this away, you're never going to accept I genuinely had forgotten that you wouldn't be there, so therefore only one thing for it mate

FUCK YOU :thumbsup:

Red Army get ready to hop on the bus

Published: 03/04/2008

MORE than 70 coach loads of Dons fans are heading for Hampden.

Scottish Cup fever is starting to grip the North-east in the lead up to their semi-final showdown with Queen of the South on April 12.

The Dons confirmed the convoy of coaches will ensure a bumper backing for Jimmy Calderwood’s men in Glasgow.

Dons spokesman Dave Macdermid said: “The organisers have to register their coaches with us and we estimate there will be at least 70 going to the game.â€

A small queue had formed outside Pittodrie this morning when tickets for the semi-final went on general sale.

The Dons had already sold 5,000 of their 8,800 allocation to season ticket holders.

The SFA have promised more if required.

Was wondering a bit by this bit on redweb:

The ticket office will also provide the bus with an identification poster which must be displayed when traveling down to Glasgow.

Will we get one to display on the Edinburgh-Glasgow train?

Will the GUASC have to have one to display on the clockwork orange and the number 42 bus?

Tbh I would quite like one to stick on the train window  :thumbsup:

What exactly is the point of that exercise?

No doubt it's the bizzies who have told them to do it but how can they ensure it happens?

If it's just a group of mates who have hired a bus, haven't read Redweb and aren't season ticket holders then are they going to get a night in the cells?

Actually, don't answer that last one........  ::)

Is it just me who is not exactly impressed by 70 coach loads of Dons fans ? If each coach averages around 40 people (probably optimstic) then that is an earth shattering 2800 fans. Better get the screens up in George Square. There will be more Dons fans in Canada that day for fuck sake.

Was wondering a bit by this bit on redweb:

Will we get one to display on the Edinburgh-Glasgow train?

Will the GUASC have to have one to display on the clockwork orange and the number 42 bus?

Tbh I would quite like one to stick on the train window  :thumbsup:

I got offered a poster by afc for the guasc bus.

Fucking idiots

Read on another forum that North Stand is sold out (8,800) and we are selling South Stand tickets now. Speculation that the first two sections there are sold too so might have topped 10,000. Proud to see we have acheived the same levels as QoS at this stage  :-[

Read on another forum that North Stand is sold out (8,800) and we are selling South Stand tickets now. Speculation that the first two sections there are sold too so might have topped 10,000. Proud to see we have acheived the same levels as QoS at this stage  :-[

Shame on you for that ;)