Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Can Somebody Explain The Fakeness Of Our Support?

16 hours ago, SeeBass said:

Do you lot know how bloody scary that thought process is?

Yes Lee I do. You're far from the only one that struggles to a severe degree with mental health, believe me. But as you'll know all too well life isn't fair! And if you can explain how better to prioritise the more deserving fans I'd still like to hear it. I'm all for change but it has to make sense.

I like to watch Liverpool when I can. I've been to Anfield a handful of times. It's very difficult to get tickets and despite the fact I'm travelling a long way I'm still behind Liverpool season ticket holders in the priority list. And in my opinion that's absolutely fine by me. 

So you're telling me with the club's own admission that if we take the season ticket total for next season 10,000 right now that 2,000 aren't there for some reason or another every game?

And you wonder why I get angry guys.  You've just half explained my argument for how this system is not fit for purpose!!

Edited by SeeBass
Spelling Error

1 hour ago, SeeBass said:

So you're telling me with the club's own admission that if we take the season ticket total for next season 10,000 right now that 2,000 aren't there for some reason or another every game?

And you wonder why I get angry guys.  You've just half explained my argument for how this system is not fit for purpose!!

This is nothing new SeeBass.

For years Celtic used to report crowds of 60,000 despite the fact that there huge gaps in the crowd and is common practice in football. 

Until you or someone else comes up with an alternative, I guess it will continue to be the way.

2,000 missing sounds like a lot but if every season ticket holder misses 3-4 games per season that would be the 2,000. That would probably be unusually high for me, but it wouldn't be unusual for me to miss 2 games per season (don't think I missed any last season) as a season ticket holder. It means that most season ticket holders are going to a high percentage of games. Certainly a higher percentage than most 

Edited by RicoS321

On 16/06/2023 at 12:23, SeeBass said:

So what would be an acceptable reason for those season ticket holders missing the game? Many people buy a season ticket knowing full well that other commitments will mean they aren't able to attend every game. They either do it to support the club and/or because it means they can make last minute calls on whether or not they can go. 25% of season ticket seats sitting empty isn't an issue in the games that don't sell out which are 99.99999% of them. I'm pretty sure AFC did a scheme for a while where you could sell your season ticket seat. Whether that scheme is still running or not I don't know. 

I don't think you've really got any right to be angry at anyone who, for any reason whatsoever doesn't go to a game.  

I don't get why you're angry at season tickets holders not turning up. Apart from the Hibs game, no other game at Pittodrie was sold out this season.

Aberdeen is a city where an unusually high proportion of its male workers work in the middle of the sea for half of the year. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that many of them are season ticket holding Aberdeen supporters. 

And even then, why take the viewpoint that these people are doing anything wrong, that they’re somehow “blocking” the seat from being used?

Most likely they’re thinking they’d rather contribute the cost of the season ticket to the club despite not being able to get the full value from it.

This discussion has not moved on from its original premise - someone getting themselves worked up over an imagined scenario that we’ll draw a big team in Europe and demand will be high enough for him to struggle to get a ticket and he thinks that’s reason enough to lash out at anyone and everyone.

I think the biggest issue here Seabass is that you aren't willing to tell us who you should get priority over. So perhaps we try and narrow it down. Going by the figures from jute, the average season ticket holder is going to 75% of home games, which is 14 games per season at least (at home, doesn't exclude away attendance). Do you think you should be prioritised over someone attending 14 games at Pittodrie?

20 minutes ago, SeeBass said:

Look doesn't matter what I say I'm going to always be wrong in the eyes of you guys.  I'll just leave you to your bullying private gentleman's club I've honestly had enough of the crap.

That is just so wrong Lee

There are many examples presented by multiple posters as to how there can be empty seats at games but you haven't given a single alternative solution though out this thread. I amongst others have stated on more than one post that I'm interested in hearing your alternative plan and indeed also stated that as someone that doesn't get to home games as often as I'd like, your alternative plan might actually work in my favour.

Sorry you feel you're being picked on, I genuinely don't think you are.

Would you like me to lock this thread ?

6 minutes ago, SeeBass said:

Look doesn't matter what I say I'm going to always be wrong in the eyes of you guys.  I'll just leave you to your bullying private gentleman's club I've honestly had enough of the crap.

Hemmin, don't let the internet get to you, it's a bugger for stripping out the nuances of human conversation :) 

I think your question around which metrics by which the club should prioritise tickets when demand outstrips supply is a valid area of debate.

To my eyes the club only really has access to 3 potential ones:

- Financial contribution (season tickets, shareholders, donors etc)

- voluntary contribution (volunteering, supporters clubs etc)

- attendance (and there may be practical issues with measuring this for season tickets)

The key question is how to weight these to be fair across fans - which I think was at the heart of your point, and the only way to resolve that is gathering opinions, yours included.

29 minutes ago, SeeBass said:

But you haven't said anything though. That's the point we're making. Frankly, to accuse anyone in this thread of "bullying" is out of order. I'm generally not one for locking threads but I'm with Al on this one. It might be best locked because you're taking offence where none is intended. 

Trust me I know when folk are ganging up on me.  I had to put up with nearly 12 years of verbal diarrhoea from folk at school plus the endless rubbish I get pretty much every week from folk who don't ever want to know the stuff I go through on a daily basis just to try and live a normal life yet still have a stupid opinion.

A place like this is just for folk to agree with each other and if somebody like me disagrees I'm just pushed under the thumb and told to go away we don't want you here as you don't think the same way as all us sheep do.  Quite ironic I use that word too.

I just want to bloody watch my football team when I can physically manage it.  I'm sorry if I don't live up to all your high expectations of being able to fork out £150 to £200 every fortnight to be classed as a true fan.

My journey as an Aberdeen supporter will always be different to the average Joe in the support.  Just give me the chance to follow my club whenever I can or so wish.  None of this secret society garbage.

As one former employee of the club said to me just an hour or so ago;

"I'm so glad we're out of the club.  I honestly don't miss it.  Pittodrie hasn't been the same for a very long time."

No one has told anyone to go away.

I'm locking this thread however before it spirals completely out of control.

A shame really, as I'm sure I wasn't alone in being interested in finding out alternative ways of allocating tickets.

• Like 5

• BigAl locked this topic