Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes' Killie v Goodwin's Dons

5 minutes ago, Jute said:

Shambles again at the back and a header a decent keeper saves. 

My issue, as always, is midfield. Win the midfield battle and dominate there, and you attack. We have no midfield, Barron and Duncan are young and inexperienced, how do we expect them to be successful?  Barron is young and showing his age, low in confidence and virtually non existent. Getting tired of duk and his u12 mentality of get the ball and dribble. So predictable.

we are awful. 

Whole system is a mess. They clearly aren't comfortable playing like this. We need to see Barron in the other half. We need players to get on the ball and take the game to Killie.

I'd take glass back tomorrow with this squad. Remember when we were shite but had 70% possession and couldn't hit a barn door.

13 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Be under no illusions, this is ten times worse than Saturday's performance.

Can't think of anything even remotely close to a success in a red shirt.

Eleven spineless prices.

Yep, back to some of the earlier season performances, against utd and Hibs spring to mind. We had a settled midfield two with Barron and Ramadani being decent as a pairing and beginning to understand each other. His first thought is to equate attacking with lots of players advanced, so puts Ramadani back in to the holding role with Barron and Duncan in front - completely nullifying Barron. Rather than change it when it was obvious we were going to lose a goal he waits until they score. By that point, our confidence is completely shot and theirs is the opposite. Coulson had done nothing to deserve a start, and should probably have been subbed sooner. The 3-1-4-2 doesn't work if Kennedy doesn't attack. I'm not sure which drugs he took before the St Mirren game, but he should be downing them at half-time.

Duncan will be the one that's sacrificed on the back of all this of course. Ramirez on for Miovski and anyone for Kennedy. 

Need to get to grips with their dangerous young winger, no 5.

Edit: McRorie too, Jesus Christ he needs to find a position he can actually play for ninety minutes.

Edited by RicoS321

I’d get him punted now.

The Celtic set up at home was unforgivable.

The changes he made and set up in the last 15 mins resulted in the rangers defeat.

Now this. An inability to drop people who are not performing and freshen the team in the right way to beat Kilmarnock.

He’s been backed massively and I’ve given him enough of a chance with this team to realise that backing him again in January is a waste, and an opportunity that another manager should get.

2 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Shambles. What did we do during the World Cup break, when we had an entire squad to work with? We’ve come back worse and now we’re seeing what goodwin is made of. Not much by the looks of things.

We spent four weeks practicing eight at the back discipline. We almost got one point because of it don't you know.

Just pish. This reminds me of the run at the end of Derek's era. 

Was never the right man for the job but he was the easy option.

I've given him the benefit of the doubt but his stubbornness with the formation and playing miovski every game  despite awful performances sure that he won't correct this.

I'm beginning to think that Jim just doesn't understand tactics. So many errors in there. Then just to throw on strikers like it doesn't matter. That's fucking amateur. The thing about that type of sub is that there's no way that it's rehearsed. There's no plan that they go through in training that says that if we're chasing the game and needing two goals, we throw on all strikers. They were just getting in each others way, all trying to do everything on their own.

Well done Kennedy, some goal.

So do we think he will walk or will Colgate have to swallow his pride and fire another manager. Totally tactically inept against a shite Kilmarnock team. The substitutions were all terrible. Never looked like winning tonight and players either did not know what they were supposed to be doing or had no interest in playing for the manager. 

Just now, sheepheid said:

He will need to be fired. He won’t walk. He’d lose a fortune. 
Cormack needs to get a successor identified and go in there and get him. Now.

Don’t see him sacked any time soon. Cormack himself said it will take 2-3 windows. Sadly I think goodwin will be given time which isn’t really unfair, even though all signs show he’s good enough for the job.

16 minutes ago, sheepheid said:

He’s been backed massively

Giving a manager one window to sign ten players isn't backing him massively though. Backing him would be allowing him to build a team. There are some serious cracks appearing that suggest that might not be a good idea. I just hate to see this suggestion that because money he should be coasting in third, it's not fair. You can't just buy success in a single season, just ask the Huns. We should be expecting inconsistency in a new team, and the expectation should have been made clear by our chairman at the beginning of the season. If we were to punt Goodwin - for tactical ineptitude - a new manager should be backed over a few windows. It's important to separate the two. The club are in the position they are in due to Cormack. 

• Like 1