Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs them - Tuesday

Missed the Tims game due to travel, but doesn’t look or sound like I missed anything. 

they weren’t flash against hibs, but obviously turned up for the second. 

hopefully be able to catch this game now and would have gotten over the jet lag. Sounds like we may have the cure for any sleeping issues. I see we’ve sold a decent number for the game.

out

probably something christmassy 

home

home

1-1, miovski 

Looking forward to it. I think we'll see a different approach and we might give them a game. As I mentioned on the Tim thread, the midfield three is key to this, and I'd be dropping Clarkson on that basis. I don't think he offers enough in the press and if we're playing a rigid three like at the weekend then his forward-going abilities are largely nullified. I thought Barron was decent at the weekend (despite his error) and should retain his place ahead of Clarkson. Plagiarising Panda's back central three, but switching Scales and Stewart due to Stewart's lack of pace, I'd go:

------------------Roos------------------

-----Scales---Stewart---McKenzie----

Kennedy----Barron----Ramadani--Coulson

-------------McRorie---Hayes-------------

---------------------Duk-------------------

Is 3-4-2-1 a formation? It is now.

38 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Looking forward to it. I think we'll see a different approach and we might give them a game. As I mentioned on the Tim thread, the midfield three is key to this, and I'd be dropping Clarkson on that basis. I don't think he offers enough in the press and if we're playing a rigid three like at the weekend then his forward-going abilities are largely nullified. I thought Barron was decent at the weekend (despite his error) and should retain his place ahead of Clarkson. Plagiarising Panda's back central three, but switching Scales and Stewart due to Stewart's lack of pace, I'd go:

------------------Roos------------------

-----Scales---Stewart---McKenzie----

Kennedy----Barron----Ramadani--Coulson

-------------McRorie---Hayes-------------

---------------------Duk-------------------

Is 3-4-2-1 a formation? It is now.

You know your football so I assume you are meaning the Brazilian box midfield there with width from fullbacks Cafu Kennedy and Roberto Carlos coulson? I think mccrorie has an influence in games in midfield so I’d play him there, but I still don’t see Goodwin dropping miovski.

2-1 us, duk and mccrorie.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

You know your football so I assume you are meaning the Brazilian box midfield there with width from fullbacks Cafu Kennedy and Roberto Carlos coulson? I think mccrorie has an influence in games in midfield so I’d play him there, but I still don’t see Goodwin dropping miovski.

2-1 us, duk and mccrorie.

Kennedy gets in through the "he's not Jayden Richardson" route. It's one of his best qualities.

You could be right about Miovski. It really is no slight on the player either. I'm hoping that Goodwin could see that there was a balance to be struck between being ultra conservative and gung ho, and that it's possible to be more attacking when playing only one striker versus two, if the ball spends more time higher up the pitch as a result. I think there was enough on display on Saturday for Goodwin to get the message and I think it'd be easy to explain to Miovski why he was dropped as part of a tactical decision. In reality, playing him could have a greater adverse effect than not. If he plays like he did on Saturday (through little fault of his own), it could cause his head to go down and he might start to doubt himself.

Like the options on formation above but only change I can see Goodwin making is McKenzie dropping out for Scales. Rest will be as per Saturday. They are not as good as Victims so we maybe able to play a bit further up the field but after kicking we got at Ibrox not expecting us to be that adventurous.

Oot - 

work

tv

sleep

1-3 Lopes with Dons goal

Ramdani should have scored. Ugh.

100 miles an hour stuff, no real composure in midfield. Clarkson and Barron don't work as a pair, we must get a central midfielder who can pull the strings. To be honest I don't think we get nearly enough from Barron. It's not bad though, but it's a lot of huff and puff but still limited in the final ball and quality..

8 minutes ago, redordead said:

Decent effort. Bit of an ugly game. Miovski again never Looks in danger of winning the ball. That said his touch was so poor it ricocheted to get us the foul.

Need a change up there to harass them. Duk never fails to amaze. Never seen that coming from him!

I’d chuck ramirez on in 10 mins is miovski doesn’t sharpen up. Give Ramirez decent time.

Very quiet today. Fuck Jim Goodwin. Tactics shit against Celtic and his subbing and tactics cost us that game. All season we’ve been shit defensively so let’s sit back and defend. At 2-1 kick on against a very average rangers. Awful to play with no forward for almost 30 mins. Criminal.

• Like 2

Just now, OrlandoDon said:

Very quiet today. Fuck Jim Goodwin. Tactics shit against Celtic and his subbing and tactics cost us that game. All season we’ve been shit defensively so let’s sit back and defend. At 2-1 kick on against a very average rangers. Awful to play with no forward for almost 30 mins. Criminal.

This 👏

1 minute ago, tlg1903 said:

How the fuck did we lose that 🤦‍♂️

We took off 2 strikers, one of whom is very good at holding up the ball and replaced them with Shayden Morris and someone named after a dog.

And we signed a goalkeeper who seems to have been assembled with components from a pinball machine.