Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tribute act away

We are going to have to score more than once to win today as simply can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Fully expect the cunt Morelos to score against us.

Head says 3-1 them, heart says 2-1 us.

Sorry for the negativity guys, but if they score early then I fear the worst.

As always though

COYR and make my Saturday

No tactics other than fire it up to Duk. Miovski ( the passenger) totally fucking anonymous. 

Mcrorie cost that by thinking he's a player but to be honest we should be three down. Getting pulled all over the place. Sitting far too deep and I can only see it getting worse unless they move twenty yards up the pitch.

Only ramadani and duk get pass marks from me.

1 minute ago, Elgindon said:

We've been garbage

Yep, pretty much. It's an insane approach to playing the scum at Ibrox. I'd expect this shape against a championship side or an off form SPFL team. As redordead pointed out, Ramadani (who's playing quite well) is playing in front of the back three with the two in front. We're going man for man against them in attack and defence. That had left gaping holes all over the place as soon as one player breaks through a challenge. Our defence is nowhere near quick enough to play this way and it appears we've learned nothing from utd and Hibs games. I understand we have no midfielders or defenders on the bench but an organised flat line of three would at least stem some of the flow. Clarkson and Barron are both tanking back in to help the defence, but they're sort of piling in and then sorting their shape. It's last ditch and ugly. Now that we're down a goal too, it's difficult to change things as we should really be tightening things up. 

Just now, RicoS321 said:

It's not shitting the pants though, it's the opposite. Being far too cavalier. I don't know what Goodwin is seeing. 

As in terms of tactics I meant Rico.

No back up plan.

Plain for a to see where the problems are coming from and either not doing anything or incapable of doing anything about it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redordead said:

This could've been ten. Disgraceful! Manager celebrating like we'd won the league last week.  Needs to take a very long look in the mirror this week.

We've seen the character of the team today and it's a very hard watch.  

Just woken up and tbh, I thought I’d be waking to a draw. 4-1 after being in front is disgraceful. How?

I will say one thing though, I didn’t think the manager did act like we’d won the league last week, that was the fan base / club. He was very much trying to down play it. But still, today shows he’s learnt nothing from previous pumpings. 

2 hours ago, redordead said:

Cavalier?? We are sitting in our own half every time they have the ball and punting it.

Never had a grip in this.

We were punting it early (quite often to one of our fullbacks) and then charging after it - the very definition of cavalier. Nearly every time they had the ball, Barron, Clarkson and the fullbacks were way up the park. One pass round Ramadani and we were 3 on 3 for the hundredth time I'm the game. There was no organised defensive banks of five and three or even three and three. Livingston could certainly have taught us a thing or two in how to defend as a team. 

Goodwin backed himself into a corner with the two attackers again, showing he's learned nothing from the Hibs game. Duk showed today, unlike that game, that he could lead the line on his own. Sacrificing Miovski after we went ahead, and it was clear were never holding it, would have been the best way to go. Either switch to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 (preferably ditching Richardson at that point too). Keep the midfield close to the defence and keep things tight. We're not great at defending but I simply don't believe that we don't have it in us to be organised and disciplined in two lines. The arrogance and stupidity of thinking we can go away to any team and play the way did is ludicrous, bit especially not the Huns at Ibrox. 

Edited by RicoS321

33 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Just woken up and tbh, I thought I’d be waking to a draw. 4-1 after being in front is disgraceful. How?

I will say one thing though, I didn’t think the manager did act like we’d won the league last week, that was the fan base / club. He was very much trying to down play it. But still, today shows he’s learnt nothing from previous pumpings. 

You probably didn’t see his celebrations at the end.

• Sad 1

Genuinely one of the worst performances I've seen us put in at Ibrox, and that's no exaggeration. If Rangers weren't so average they could have racked up far more than they did.

I've seen inferior Aberdeen teams in terms of personnel go there and hold onto the ball better than that.

Did Miovski touch the ball? Clarkson came on and fell over a lot. Richardson is dire. Stewart is no leader - the only thing he's good at is clearing a ball when there's no-one around him.

Goodwin said the first half was even and end-to-end. Utter tosh. We had - at best - a 10 minute spell in the first half where we got at them and obviously we get our goal. The rest of the game was one-way traffic. 

Their wide men had too much pace for us. We put little pressure on the ball. We just didn't bother to pass it when we had possession. 

Just an awful performance and result.

Edited by Panda
  • Like 2