Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Consi saints vs Dons

First fixture between us and consi on Scottish soil, post divorce. We really neee to be getting three points here but have no idea if we’ll get our shit together in time for it. They’ve had as mixed of a start to the season as we have, 2 losses and a win. Although they even managed to beat Motherwell. So it’ll probably end up as a draw but probably not your stale 0-0 or 1-1, as we can score but can’t defend.

really need to sort our defence out and get mccrorie playing where he needs to. Can’t see Roos being dropped.

out

bed

bed

bed

2-1, miovski and Stewart 

No panic stations from me yet,though having a scan round social media/other forums,the amount of pessimism doing the rounds this early,some folk would have you believe were already doomed.

Looks like it'll be a rollercoaster, could be 3 - 0 Saints,could be 7 - 0 the Dons.Just rolling with it for now,lets see where were at in a few months.

In or Oot - Was hoping to go,but oot

Pre/Post -  Morayshire

Prediction - 2 - 3 Dons  Miovski x2,and a late winner from agent Consi(og)

Can’t remember who it was, but they said we’re going to be in for roller coaster of a start and we need to be patient. There has been such a huge change to the team we need to accept that it may take a few weeks to get right.  I’m firmly in this camp but I know it’s easier said than done. although we couldn’t have asked for a kinder start tbh. Celtic aside. Hopefully he gets his subs correct too.

1 hour ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

I'm giving Goodwin 8 games and that's all! He's been financially backed more than any other manager.

His tactics stank to high heaven last Sat! And he fucked up the subs etc, if we're in the bottom 6 come Nov he should be sacked! 

You're giving him 8 games when there's been such a huge turnover in players?  You do you mate but that seems really fucking stupid to me.  Imagine the tims had done that with postecoglu last season when he had a similar rebuild to do. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

You're giving him 8 games when there's been such a huge turnover in players?  You do you mate but that seems really fucking stupid to me.  Imagine the tims had done that with postecoglu last season when he had a similar rebuild to do. 

You cannot use fkn angie at the tims as a comparison! Ok so you just clap away like a happy clapping seal in Dec if we're in the bottom 6! He's made a raft of mistakes already this season as well as last! Remember it' was Feb he came in!! Ange had celtics act together within 3 months!! As they had money to mend the ills they had!  Cormack is the poison! He's fucked up 2 weeks running we the subs! Inexcusable! He's a stubborn c u n t & that'll be his downfall as well.  I hope to fuk I'm wrong obviously!

10 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

You cannot use fkn angie at the tims as a comparison! Ok so you just clap away like a happy clapping seal in Dec if we're in the bottom 6! He's made a raft of mistakes already this season as well as last! Remember it' was Feb he came in!! Ange had celtics act together within 3 months!! As they had money to mend the ills they had!  Cormack is the poison! He's fucked up 2 weeks running we the subs! Inexcusable! He's a stubborn c u n t & that'll be his downfall as well.  I hope to fuk I'm wrong obviously!

Sounds like the postecoglu comparison is extremely valid. The turnover at pittodrie is so huge, it's impossible to name yer favourite player anymore (mine's Hayes) because none of them are recognisable. We gave Glass a year, it would seem reasonable to allow Goodwin the same. I'd give him well into next season unless we're faced with relegation, as another two windows will be required to filter out the shite we've bought in this window (I'm not saying that they are all shite, just that some will be). We're not Hibs, ditching managers isn't good. Last weekend was a very poor managerial performance. He got everything wrong that it was possible to get wrong. If he can take each element and learn from it then we'll be a much better side for it. Goodwin seems a strong enough character to show self reflection and correction, and I think he will.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Sounds like the postecoglu comparison is extremely valid. The turnover at pittodrie is so huge, it's impossible to name yer favourite player anymore (mine's Hayes) because none of them are recognisable. We gave Glass a year, it would seem reasonable to allow Goodwin the same. I'd give him well into next season unless we're faced with relegation, as another two windows will be required to filter out the shite we've bought in this window (I'm not saying that they are all shite, just that some will be). We're not Hibs, ditching managers isn't good. Last weekend was a very poor managerial performance. He got everything wrong that it was possible to get wrong. If he can take each element and learn from it then we'll be a much better side for it. Goodwin seems a strong enough character to show self reflection and correction, and I think he will.

Fair enough but I just can't give him away until next season if it's nae working this season! 

Coulson & Barron out. Clarkson & Kennedy doubts. Mackenzie been in full training all week.

For me, get Mackenzie in at LB, Scales to CB, McCrorie into midfield. Hayes bound to start after all the build up to this being his 300th game. Morris I imagine will start too.

Wouldn't have many complaints with this team.

6B66A604-0D13-4EE4-B179-18A5D728FE27.thumb.jpeg.b985f73ac1ea64045fbc3d15a6925d37.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panda said:

Wouldn't have many complaints with this team.

Well, first, I think it's upside down. Can the graphic not be used the other way up? It just feels wrong. Suspicious, even. 

Also, it's not often that you hear the phrase "worse than McLennan", but Morris should be nowhere near the starting eleven. I'm willing to give the guy a chance, but until he's had a few more weeks of training and working on fitness, he should be only used in emergency. He was a complete liability last week and, if it turns out that Davidson is actually a football manager, they will target our right side if he's playing. He just didn't track his man, nor look capable of ever doing so. Kennedy has offered Richardson very little assistance so far this season (which is why I've been slightly less critical of his defensive displays), but Morris took it to whole new levels. I feel a bit sorry for Duncan, who should be given first opportunity for development minutes. If we'd signed a proven right winger, I'd have understood, but this guy's a punt for the first eleven.

On 18/08/2022 at 12:30, The D.O.C.1903 said:

If only you managed the Dons as well as you manage your anger....

.....I could be watching us nearby at Lossie,Forres,Buckie...  👍

Looking forward to this one,as much out of curiosity at the response. COYR  

Decent half, we've looked the better team. Carey really the only threat for them, with a really good left foot, but Roos has done well with some difficult balls. The three bookings they've had will hopefully come back to bite them. Hallberg lucky to still be on the pitch.

The 4-1-4-1 with Ramadani in front of the defence looks interesting. It compliments McRorie and Clarkson quite well, but possibly leaves Miovski a little isolated. However, both fullbacks are bombing up to support the wingers so it works and allows Ramadani to cover the gaps. Both Coulson and Richardson been very good. If Richardson matures a little in possession, he could be phenomenal. He's an absolute unit, and fast. Other than the disallowed goal, we've not had too many chances. One really special pass from deep by Clarkson in behind the defender for Miovski. He didn't think it was getting through it seems, otherwise he'd have been in. Really class play.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Decent half, we've looked the better team. Carey really the only threat for them, with a really good left foot, but Roos has done well with some difficult balls. The three bookings they've had will hopefully come back to bite them. Hallberg lucky to still be on the pitch.

The 4-1-4-1 with Ramadani in front of the defence looks interesting. It compliments McRorie and Clarkson quite well, but possibly leaves Miovski a little isolated. However, both fullbacks are bombing up to support the wingers so it works and allows Ramadani to cover the gaps. Both Coulson and Richardson been very good. If Richardson matures a little in possession, he could be phenomenal. He's an absolute unit, and fast. Other than the disallowed goal, we've not had too many chances. One really special pass from deep by Clarkson in behind the defender for Miovski. He didn't think it was getting through it seems, otherwise he'd have been in. Really class play.

Coulson looks a real find too.  The abz podcast had a boy on from a boro pod to talk about him. He described Coulson as not the best defensively but defo handy going forward.  I'm seeing plenty of the latter and hardly any of the former.  He looks the best LB we have had for years so far.