Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Five Goal Thriller!!!!!

2012 vs 2022. You Decide!!!  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Manchester's City's last day extraordinary league winning comeback was better???

• Manchester City 3 v 2 Q.P.R. (2012)
    • Manchester City 3 v 2 Aston Villa (2022)

I actually don’t know as never watched either. 2012 I was at Sunderland v Manchester United game so got to see the United fans going from thinking they had won the title to not which was funny so probably go for that one. 

2012. The blood money hadnt quite taken hold and they were up against a team who were fighting relegation so actually had something to play for. Also 2 goals in injury time much more exiting
and I still think an Alex Ferguson team trumps a Klopp team.

10 years later the games a bogie down south. Just wondering how long it takes for the Geordie overlords to buy the title

21 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

2012. The blood money hadnt quite taken hold and they were up against a team who were fighting relegation so actually had something to play for. Also 2 goals in injury time much more exiting
and I still think an Alex Ferguson team trumps a Klopp team.

10 years later the games a bogie down south. Just wondering how long it takes for the Geordie overlords to buy the title

The buying the title thing is an interesting one. Ferguson is labelled a genius for what he achieved at Man U but in those years the financial disparity between United and the rest was ridiculous. Whenever a top player became available they blew the other teams out of the market (Keane, Cole, Ferdinand, Berbatov etc). They basically just bought everyone else’s best player but it never gets mentioned 🤔

4 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

The buying the title thing is an interesting one. Ferguson is labelled a genius for what he achieved at Man U but in those years the financial disparity between United and the rest was ridiculous. Whenever a top player became available they blew the other teams out of the market (Keane, Cole, Ferdinand, Berbatov etc). They basically just bought everyone else’s best player but it never gets mentioned 🤔

I mention it. Alongside the fact that the Judas bastard left the Dons, which never gets brought up either.