Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Make or break / Dons vs Staggies

Really is make or break. Whilst I share some peoples confidence that hearts will get at least a point of not all three against hibs, I do not share this optimism that we can beat county. Their results haven’t been bad and not out of it. Also depends on livi only drawing with Well. Our season has been a shit storm and it would take an absolute miracle to make the top 6. Just feel we’ve left ourselves with far too much to do and rely on luck. A draw would sum up our season.

anyway, think we need to bring consi in for this, need some sort of experience at the back. God know what we can do to get Ramirez out of his shite run of form. I’d rather he didn’t leave in the summer (as rumoured). But we need to give him some service. Surely Watkins starts as well?

out

bed

bed

bed

1-1, Ferguson 

38 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Really is make or break. Whilst I share some peoples confidence that hearts will get at least a point of not all three against hibs, I do not share this optimism that we can beat county. Their results haven’t been bad and not out of it. Also depends on livi only drawing with Well. Our season has been a shit storm and it would take an absolute miracle to make the top 6. Just feel we’ve left ourselves with far too much to do and rely on luck. A draw would sum up our season.

anyway, think we need to bring consi in for this, need some sort of experience at the back. God know what we can do to get Ramirez out of his shite run of form. I’d rather he didn’t leave in the summer (as rumoured). But we need to give him some service. Surely Watkins starts as well?

out

bed

bed

bed

1-1, Ferguson 

If livi beat well and we win, then we’re above well on goal difference so that game is irrelevant. Beat county and hope hibs don’t beat hearts, mathematically it’s as simple as that.

• Like 2

Going to be interesting to see who starts this one especially if rumours about Ramirez and others being away in the summer. County have to be favourites for this. Really is a reflection on how poor the league is that a team who have won one game this year have a chance of being top 6. 

In 

train then pub

Y

pub then train

1-2 with Ferguson getting goal for Dons. 

On 03/04/2022 at 20:26, manc_don said:

out

bed

bed

bed

1-1, Ferguson 

Well this comment has dated.

Awful game. Zero creativity. Pretty much glad the season is coming to an end, and no point in talking about the game as it simply was more of the same shite. No wonder Ramirez wants to leave, I think he’s a decent player, but such shit service for much of the year. he lost interest in recent weeks much like many of us did.

we were at our best over the last decade when we had the two best wingers outside of the old firm in mcginn and hayes, and the best center mids outside of them in jack and McLean. Plus an inspirational leader in shinnie. Throw in talented flair in Christie and to a lesser extent Maddison, plus a goal scorer in Rooney. very strong right back in Logan, dominating central defender in McKenna. And we had the best keeper in the league in Lewis. 

Not sure we even have 3 players that would clearly start for hearts hibs Dundee utd etc. very interesting summer ahead. 

lastly, haven’t seen a single thing that suggests goodwin is an upgrade on glass. Same players and same shit. Certainly hope he gets the summer right.

• Like 2

Really poor on Saturday. First half was one of the poorest I have seen this season. Didn’t create a single real chance and very little quality anywhere on the field. Bit better in second half and actually created a couple of chances in the box for Ferguson and Ramirez but simply not enough for a game we had to win. Never a penalty for County and definitely a case of ref making up for missing Barron’s foul on Cook about 5 minutes earlier. 

Special mention to Goodwin for his substitution taking Watkins and McCrorie off and bringing on McLennan and McKenzie which actually made us worse. Baffling substitution that was never going to work. My doubts about Goodwin are growing. 

• Like 1

Aye Saturday was rubbish,but when youre using a squad much of whom are on their way out/dont want to be here or are barely mediocre anyway....

Goodwin saying we are in for some "very,very good players " this coming window.Nae sure what standards he's judging them by,but he needs to be allowed the time to do his thing,make an arse of it or whatever

• Like 1

Shutting down the site was definitely the best reaction to Saturday. Absolutely terrible performance. Relegation material. Impossible to pick the worst performer there, with Barron and maybe Gallagher and Besuijen getting pass marks. Bates nonchalantly strolling forward before losing it, Ramirez finding whatever he could on the pitch to hide behind and Ferguson being the anti-captain screaming at everyone else while being fucking awful himself. When that spine is surrounded with players like Ojo, McLennan, McKenzie and honking performances by McRorie, Watkins and Hayes you've got no hope. I think I'd pick Ramirez for the charlatan award and it's ridiculous that it's impossible to sub him, he was a disgrace. Ferguson a close second, because he's a nippy cunt (like Jack was in that regard) who's screaming at players does the opposite of motivate them. How the fuck guys with that attitude don't have it drummed out of them every single day at training I don't know. McLennan came off the bench and immediately Ferguson telegraphed a pass to him which the defender intercepted easily and Ferguson started shouting at McLennan who was then jittery for the rest of the game. A player low in confidence in a team low in confidence, it's a fairly obvious response. Special mention to McRorie too, who has played out my worst fears about him since his new contract. He's a more athletic version of Willow Flood. Chasing stuff down and can only kick it the way he's facing. I'd have hooked Ojo and put him into right back.

Anyway, it was a reasonably predictable day after a week of statements and firing players. An absolute shambles at the club. That unprofessionalism comes from the top and Cormack needs to get a hold of it/himself quickly. Nobody could convince me that Considine isn't head and shoulders above Bates at left centre half. We're definitely getting rid of the wrong guy. Goodwin needs a fast turnaround to avoid relegation. Having told half the squad that they're shite, he's going to struggle.

• Like 1

Is Cormack in charge of DT now as well? Site being down in the aftermath of a massively significant game kinda defeats the purpose of a forum, no?

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I laughed when I read people thinking we could go down but I’m not laughing now. It’s absolute amateur hour at the club and very, very reminiscent of that time Hibs went down under Butcher.

Airing dirty laundry in public and potentially alienating half the squad by talking about summer clear outs in fan gatherings when we’ve still got (at that point) six games to play is naive at best and incompetent at worst.

Goodwin’s getting nothing out this team that Glass wasn’t, and alarm bells are seriously ringing, and if I was him I’d be concentrating on making sure I’m not getting cleared out myself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wee toon red said:

Is Cormack in charge of DT now as well? Site being down in the aftermath of a massively significant game kinda defeats the purpose of a forum, no?

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I laughed when I read people thinking we could go down but I’m not laughing now. It’s absolute amateur hour at the club and very, very reminiscent of that time Hibs went down under Butcher.

Airing dirty laundry in public and potentially alienating half the squad by talking about summer clear outs in fan gatherings when we’ve still got (at that point) six games to play is naive at best and incompetent at worst.

Goodwin’s getting nothing out this team that Glass wasn’t, and alarm bells are seriously ringing, and if I was him I’d be concentrating on making sure I’m not getting cleared out myself.

Probably why this forum is the least used out of the 3or4 afc forums on the go. To shut it down after the defeat is namby pamby BS!!

3 hours ago, wee toon red said:

It is a bit like that. They seemed to have about 10 opportunities to avoid relegation by picking up a result and kept fluffing it. Everyone assumed they'd eventually pull away and it never happened. 

16 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

lastly, haven’t seen a single thing that suggests goodwin is an upgrade on glass. Same players and same shit. Certainly hope he gets the summer right.

Of course it's the same players, he hasn't had a transfer window yet.

10 hours ago, Jute said:

Special mention to Goodwin for his substitution taking Watkins and McCrorie off and bringing on McLennan and McKenzie which actually made us worse. Baffling substitution that was never going to work. My doubts about Goodwin are growing.

Watkins surely isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes yet.

Someone must have told Ferguson there was a scout in the crowd watching him or something. I lost count of the amount of times in the first half he dropped deep to take the ball from Bates and launched a Hollywood pass to no man’s land as if he thought he was the bastard love child of Lothar Mattheus and Tom Brady. 

If he is going to act the cunt, he could at least have the decency to be good while doing it so we can get a decent transfer fee.

• Like 2