Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

How far have have you travelled to watch the Dons this season?

Aye, I'm bored.

Using this http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ and determining the distance between my hoose and the ground we played at, I was able to figure out that I've travelled 4844 miles to watch the Dons this season.

So who else is going to waste the afternoon before a long weekend doing the same? :thumbsup:

haha!

I started doing this after reading that anti-aberdeen thread on Pie & Bovril, as someone's signature said they'd travelled 15,000 miles following St. Johnstone, i'm 99% sure you're link is gonna make this easier!

I started doing this after reading that anti-aberdeen thread on Pie & Bovril, as someone's signature said they'd travelled 15,000 miles following St. Johnstone, i'm 99% sure you're link is gonna make this easier!

Incidentally, that's where the idea came from. :thumbsup:

actually it must be more than that as that shitty website has just drawn a straight line between my flat and pittodrie

I did just use 'as the crow flies' distances.

Couldn't be arsed with actual road/rail distances. ;D

That took far too long. Domestic distances are from the AA route planner and European ones from the site The Chimp linked.

Away games from when staying in Aberdeen = 1647.8 miles (there and back)

Away games from when staying in Dundee = 880.8 miles (there and back)

Home games from when staying in Dundee = 1356 miles (there and back)

European games:

Aberdeen - Amsterdam - Kiev - Dnipro = 3570.95

Dundee - Glasgow - Brussels - Madrid = 2759.43

Aberdeen - London - Munich = 1942.62

= 8273 miles (there and back)

which is a total of about 12,158 miles

That took far too long. Domestic distances are from the AA route planner and European ones from the site The Chimp linked.

Away games from when staying in Aberdeen = 1647.8 miles (there and back)

Away games from when staying in Dundee = 880.8 miles (there and back)

Home games from when staying in Dundee = 1356 miles (there and back)

European games:

Aberdeen - Amsterdam - Kiev - Dnipro = 3570.95

Dundee - Glasgow - Brussels - Madrid = 2759.43

Aberdeen - London - Munich = 1942.62

= 8273 miles (there and back)

which is about a total of about 12,158 miles

part time supporter :thumbsup:

All home games, plus trips to Edinburgh, Cove, Munich and Madrid only came to 4638 miles as the crow flies.  :-[

Both ways?

Using the site in the first post Dundee - Edinburgh is only 30 odd miles, but on the aa route planner site it's just over 60. That's why I used it instead for the domestic ones.

I have been the furthest cos I am a TOP RED!! Havent missed a game since I was born......was conceived in Gothenburg the night of the CWC victory....have a lif-size mural of Willie Miller tattooed on my back ina. Beat that!!!

Do you wave flags and bang a drum at matches? If not then you've got a bit to go to be the top red.

I have been the furthest cos I am a TOP RED!! Havent missed a game since I was born......was conceived in Gothenburg the night of the CWC victory....have a lif-size mural of Willie Miller tattooed on my back ina. Beat that!!!

This is you...!?!?!?

9750844a5301101757l.jpg

:thumbsup:

I used google maps to do mine, and was quite conservative (I never included the trip to the pet shop in Dortmund).

Domestic games: 2,038

Madrid: 2,266

Munich: 1,715

= 6019

I estimate a normal trip to Pittodrie is 274miles return, not been up that often outwith the UEFA games this season.