Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Broken Glass

Well I'm probably in a minority that's sad he's gone. I think he would have got it right eventually - but it was taking too long, and from what I hear Allan Russell was not very well liked by the players or people at the club.

My main fear now is what happens with Scott Brown. I don't want him to leave because I think he still has much to offer as a player. Likewise, I don't want him stepping up as manager because I doubt he's ready yet. Hopefully he carries on as player-coach under the new manager.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Panda said:

My main fear now is what happens with Scott Brown. I don't want him to leave because I think he still has much to offer as a player. Likewise, I don't want him stepping up as manager because I doubt he's ready yet. Hopefully he carries on as player-coach under the new manager.

He's not that good a player that we should be concerned, and he's professional enough - hopefully - not to down tools (apart from that time he did under deila). It was a ridiculous situation to sign him as player coach/assistant anyway, this was always going to happen. A coaching role is fine if he's willing to accept that on the terms of the new manager. He's absolutely nowhere near ready for a management role. 

8 hours ago, Panda said:

Well I'm probably in a minority that's sad he's gone. I think he would have got it right eventually - but it was taking too long, and from what I hear Allan Russell was not very well liked by the players or people at the club.

Or by me 😅