Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Duns vs Aberdeen

I've lived in Duns thirty years now and followed Aberdeen since 1989.  Given how important the team has been to me for a large chunk of that three and a bit decade we find below statistical information quite thought provoking.  Only about a five minute walk from where this match would have taken place.

Aberdun.jpg

Jute, still playing but just Border Amateur Division One from what I'm told.  I used to report on Coldstream in East of Scotland League between 2000-03. 

Question to yourself and everybody on forum.  Which future Aberdeen goalkeeper seen above gifted Border side their two goals in Scottish Cup Second Round tie at Home Park in Season 2000-01?  I wrote back page match report for local rag Berwickshire News that afternoon.

Edited by SeeBass
Repeated same bit of writing without knowing.

• 9 months later...

I guy we know in Duns has provided me with an image of the 1954 Scottish Cup 2nd Round tie in town I've lived 30 years now and then without my knowledge taken a 2022 updated photo as seen below!!!!!!!! 

Still blows our mind that my heroes have been down here to play a competitive match.

Duns vs Aberdeen.png

1954.jpg