Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Diamond v Berra

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Neither are good enough for Scotland (yet)

I'd trust Burley's judgement on Berra as he used to be his boss, but I very much doubt he'll get near the squad when we get to the qualifiers, recon he'll get at least a half against Croatia, which will be the first Scotland game in Scotland that i'm missing since I first set foot in Hampden :(

Agree with the funster, both are not quite ready for the International setup and I would rate both at about the same level.

BUT....the fact that Diamond twice had Luca Toni (cunt) in his pocket and has all the other European experience this season, but Berra still gets the shout ahead of him astounds me.

BUT....the fact that Diamond twice had Luca Toni (cunt) in his pocket

Just a shame about the seven goals the rest of the Bayern team scored.

I can't really see how any team that has just gone through a phase of conceding 22 goals in 8 games can justify having a defender in the Scotland squad.  Diamond has been directly responsible for a few of these and is a long way off the squad I reckon.  Good though he is, he's still nowhere near the finished article.

Berra is a decent player, made a couple of B squads so no surprise he's there from that point of view, but I don't think he's good enough either.

The one young central defender who has impressed me each time I've seen him is Falkirk's Darren Barr.  I reckon he could turn out to be a fantastic defender.

They both need a little longer yet before they are ready for scotland

The poll results are no surprise really as its an aberdeen forum but diamond must be a scotland regular for years to come

His height alone at both ends is better than anybody else i have seen for a while