Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Arabs - Dons

37 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

You can't blame anyone having a moan at AFC for this season.

We need a superb January window.

Not sure how the £5mill loss in revenue will be recuperated with the £5mill dross on the pitch.

Think we will need to sell to be able to recruit in January. Only players we will likely sell for a decent fee will be ones who’s departure would weaken the squad. 

ETA: We will of course have our £800k player back from Atlanta as loan will have expired. 

There really are some in our support on here that seem to take great pleasure in us losing and being presented with the opportunity to moan constantly.

Anyway enjoy  yourselves in your misery pit and I will continue to support the team as I have done since my first game in 1968 just via different means.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigAl said:

There really are some in our support on here that seem to take great pleasure in us losing and being presented with the opportunity to moan constantly.

Anyway enjoy  yourselves in your misery pit and I will continue to support the team as I have done since my first game in 1968 just via different means.

Al what do you mean?

Our season has been woeful.

Multiple factors for yesterday's shit show. Granted Madden was a disgrace, Ojo did what anyone else in that situation would have done, Madden couldn't wait to even the card situation, Butcher was correctly sent off, but those pikey bastards made such a meal of it Madden was probably looking for any opportunity to even it out. 

The game itself however, come on man, yet again we were strolling it, other than Fuchs chance after 48 seconds, they were up there with one of the worse team I've seen, only slightly better than a very shit Motherwell, yet they still managed to beat us, why? Because for some strange reason, our decision making in the final 3rd is unforgivable. Ryan Hedges always tried too hard, always tries to carry the can alone, numerous times yesterday he had ample opportunities to put in a ball, or a cut back etc.. yet he continued to drive into traffic and it petered out to fuck all, he was up there with the worse performers yesterday, yet on another day, could have had an amazing game had he made the right choices. Watkins was as quiet as I have seen him, Ramirez also. Granted they lacked service, but Gurr tried, he played well I thought, yet he's been getting some weird criticism, he also made some poor decisions, but also put in a few good crosses, had a flash half volley wide and was a willing runner all game, naturally he tired, but I think the stick he got was unwarranted. 

We are definitely better on the eye under Glass, we keep the ball well and we knock it about with confidence, it's literally just that individual choice when it matters the most, and other than young Ramsay, they seem to be getting it very wrong. 

But on the flip side, we're losing far too many points against proper guff teams, Motherwell, Ross County, United yesterday etc...these teams are literally pish, they offer nothing, yet bizarrely, are scoring when they do eventually venture forward! It's fucking infuriating. 

I was very much willing to give him the Season, especially after that good trio of performances vs Hibs/Hearts/Rangers, but then Motherwell and Dundee United later, we're back to square one and those results seem insignificant. Is it because of the Injury situation? Because we've had an almost fully fit squad at some point this season and we were still losing. I really don't know what to think. I really like him ( Glass ) I like his passion and he talks a good game, but they don't put points on the board, what are we supposed to do? 

• Like 4

Fair post min ^^^

Well,..doesnt look like he's going to be sacked between now and Xmas.,so,if the board have the balls to release funds for what Glass thinks needs to be done to sort things out,lets see what happens. Pants remaining dry for now....

Edited by Elgindon

6 hours ago, KennyFuckinPowers said:

Multiple factors for yesterday's shit show. Granted Madden was a disgrace, Ojo did what anyone else in that situation would have done, Madden couldn't wait to even the card situation, Butcher was correctly sent off, but those pikey bastards made such a meal of it Madden was probably looking for any opportunity to even it out. 

The game itself however, come on man, yet again we were strolling it, other than Fuchs chance after 48 seconds, they were up there with one of the worse team I've seen, only slightly better than a very shit Motherwell, yet they still managed to beat us, why? Because for some strange reason, our decision making in the final 3rd is unforgivable. Ryan Hedges always tried too hard, always tries to carry the can alone, numerous times yesterday he had ample opportunities to put in a ball, or a cut back etc.. yet he continued to drive into traffic and it petered out to fuck all, he was up there with the worse performers yesterday, yet on another day, could have had an amazing game had he made the right choices. Watkins was as quiet as I have seen him, Ramirez also. Granted they lacked service, but Gurr tried, he played well I thought, yet he's been getting some weird criticism, he also made some poor decisions, but also put in a few good crosses, had a flash half volley wide and was a willing runner all game, naturally he tired, but I think the stick he got was unwarranted. 

We are definitely better on the eye under Glass, we keep the ball well and we knock it about with confidence, it's literally just that individual choice when it matters the most, and other than young Ramsay, they seem to be getting it very wrong. 

But on the flip side, we're losing far too many points against proper guff teams, Motherwell, Ross County, United yesterday etc...these teams are literally pish, they offer nothing, yet bizarrely, are scoring when they do eventually venture forward! It's fucking infuriating. 

I was very much willing to give him the Season, especially after that good trio of performances vs Hibs/Hearts/Rangers, but then Motherwell and Dundee United later, we're back to square one and those results seem insignificant. Is it because of the Injury situation? Because we've had an almost fully fit squad at some point this season and we were still losing. I really don't know what to think. I really like him ( Glass ) I like his passion and he talks a good game, but they don't put points on the board, what are we supposed to do? 

Yeah I would broadly agree with that (bar Motherwell being guff).  All I would add is  Gurr looked far more comfortable as wb than rb I thought. 

Our biggest problem, imo anyway, is the lack of a settled defence.  If we have played the same back line more than two games in a row it must have been at the very start of the season. Its no wonder we are conceding goals we shouldn't be and that's even before you get to the more recent injury crisis.  Does glass have to take some of the blame for chopping and changing too much?  Sure but some changes were forced on him too. 

It's not to say I can't understand the unhappiness, yesterday was a particularly sore one to take all things considered. I just can't help but think when we get a settled back 3 in place we could really amount to something.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Yeah I would broadly agree with that (bar Motherwell being guff).  All I would add is  Gurr looked far more comfortable as wb than rb I thought. 

Our biggest problem, imo anyway, is the lack of a settled defence.  If we have played the same back line more than two games in a row it must have been at the very start of the season. Its no wonder we are conceding goals we shouldn't be and that's even before you get to the more recent injury crisis.  Does glass have to take some of the blame for chopping and changing too much?  Sure but some changes were forced on him too. 

It's not to say I can't understand the unhappiness, yesterday was a particularly sore one to take all things considered. I just can't help but think when we get a settled back 3 in place we could really amount to something.  

I’d say our biggest problem is the lack of flair and creativity in the side. We have enough possession in pretty much every game yet don’t nearly create enough. With the amount of the ball we have we don’t create chances.  we pretty much have two creative players in hedges (who, as mentioned in other posts, has his downside) and Ramsey and that’s more or less it. I’d add jet but he’s a passenger in most games he plays and is certainly not the brightest or hard working.

We need two wingers and a creative attacking mid. (Hayes, mcginn, and Christie from a few years back and we’d be blasting our way through the league!) I rate  Ramirez and if he was playing with those three from a few years back he’d be banging them in every game!

As has been mentioned by many over the weeks, we have such an imbalanced squad and are so predictable. Easy to stop us and, as you mention, we’ve had the defensive injuries and don’t have a secure and comfortable defensive unit.

Edited by OrlandoDon

Has anything more come of that fat jute bastard? Surely the club aren’t going to let him get away with it.

very much in agreement with you tlg. I think I read somewhere we’d played the same defensive line up twice? Consistency is always key and the rest follows. Then needs to be the creativity. We’re definitely easier on the eye this season, but not clinical enough. Who those players are we need to bring in, I don’t know. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Has anything more come of that fat jute bastard? Surely the club aren’t going to let him get away with it.

very much in agreement with you tlg. I think I read somewhere we’d played the same defensive line up twice? Consistency is always key and the rest follows. Then needs to be the creativity. We’re definitely easier on the eye this season, but not clinical enough. Who those players are we need to bring in, I don’t know. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59366122

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

image.thumb.png.9efeee203b08d153fa23999f81a711dc.png

On 21/11/2021 at 19:45, tlg1903 said:

There's absolutely no doubt it'd help, obviously not at the other end of the Pitch, but defensively, absolutely. We've still to see the best from Bates and Gallagher in my opinion, the 2 of them performing will massively help, I think Ross McCrorie deserves a ridiculous amount of credit, that boy has been shifted around a fair bit, under McInnes too, he just gets on with it, always throws himself at everything and dusts himself down and carries on. He looks really comfortable in the back 3, even on the left side of that. 

On 21/11/2021 at 20:28, OrlandoDon said:

I’d say our biggest problem is the lack of flair and creativity in the side. We have enough possession in pretty much every game yet don’t nearly create enough. With the amount of the ball we have we don’t create chances.  we pretty much have two creative players in hedges (who, as mentioned in other posts, has his downside) and Ramsey and that’s more or less it. I’d add jet but he’s a passenger in most games he plays and is certainly not the brightest or hard working.

We need two wingers and a creative attacking mid. (Hayes, mcginn, and Christie from a few years back and we’d be blasting our way through the league!) I rate  Ramirez and if he was playing with those three from a few years back he’d be banging them in every game!

As has been mentioned by many over the weeks, we have such an imbalanced squad and are so predictable. Easy to stop us and, as you mention, we’ve had the defensive injuries and don’t have a secure and comfortable defensive unit.

I was very underwhelmed to start with, but he's grown on me, clearly just someone that needed the game time to get up to speed, and to an extent I agree regarding the supply from said Players, he'd thrive on that. But he's already built a strong relationship with young Ramsay, I think even MacKenzie has assisted 1-2? Once those boys continue their development, Ramirez will thrive even more. But, we have Marley Watkins now, Hedges as well, those two should be contributing more in the final 3rd, maybe a bit early to be critical of Watkins, given he's only just back and is also needing matches, but he's creative, Hedges is supposed to be too. We have on paper, a pretty good squad in my opinion, one that is not performing to it's capability, I am sure there are multiple factors for this, but we really need to pull our finger out, and sharpish. 

Not sure what to take from the statement the club made about Ojo. It was obviously an attempt to undo the PR damage from the interview Glass gave after the game, but is that Cormack trying to stick up for Glass or is he just contradicting him? Even if it's the former, it's not a great look when the Chairman is having to issue statements to try and cover for the manager making a mess of an interview.

59 minutes ago, Jute said:

Ojo being investigated by Police for alleged assault after game on Saturday. Apologies for the source.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/aberdeen-star-funso-ojo-probed-25529802

Christ, it's virtually impossible to read anything in the record. There's less intrusive advertising on one of the fitba streaming sites. 

Anyway, good work Ojo. 

On 21/11/2021 at 19:45, tlg1903 said:

I'm not certain what having a settled defence will have on us playing a decent final ball and creating meaningful chances? Yes it might stop the oppositions 1 attack resulting in a goal but 1 point instead of 0 is hardly going to significantly improve our league standing.