Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Do We Have A Game This Weekend ?

41 minutes ago, Panda said:

Aye but the point was you wrote the guy off before you had watched a single minute of him play. It's convenient to your argument to declare you were right because of his mistakes on Sunday & the emergence of Ramsay.

To me he's looked a decent back-up player, which is what he is. I think he'll improve too once he plays more and settles in - maybe not better than Ramsay, but a better back-up. I don't really see it as the bad signing you're suggesting it to be. I'd say he's an improvement on last season's Shay Logan. 

I thought Gurr put in some really good crosses under pressure. Logan of any season with us wouldn't have put in that second half defensive performance though. He was very lucky to still be on the park and should have been hooked immediately after bringing down Berra. I'd rather see McRorie used as backup for Ramsay. 

Whilst I sort of agree with your point about folk writing him off, it does stand to reason that if he can't displace Hernandez then he should be deemed not good enough for the dons. That does raise very legitimate concerns. However, I was far more comfortable when we signed him after he was released by Atlanta, which suggested* that there was no deal between us and our dodgy parent club. I'd like to see him a few more times before I pass judgement, he seemed to panic a little after his yellow and never really settled. As a backup, he could prove useful. My first impressions are not, but I'm not as convinced of that as I was Hernandez.

*I say suggested, as I don't fully know. In theory there may have been a gardening leave style arrangement where they were paying him until he found a club or something.