Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Semi Final Details (North Stand, tickets on sale 29th)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my train tickets booked, £20 return, job done. Hope it doesn't go to extra time and penalties though, might be touch and go for catching the train home, all the later ones appear to be fully booked.

What's the bus number that goes from the city centre to Hampden? Caught it last time and got off next to the big Asda.

Absolutely!  I'd hate to be put out of a cup by those beggars 2 years in a row!  Totally unacceptable once but twice? :hammer:>:D

:hammer:

Drewsome min you got to start getting yer facts right

Queens Park

Queen of the South

Id expect more from a man who was chatting with Jim Traynor at the weekend

Here we go again.  As if playing this game at Hampden wasn't already a silly idea, they move the game to an early kick-off which will prevent a substantial proportion of fans travelling down from the north-east.

So the SFA/AFC/QoS will get their Sky dollars, but the game will be broadcast showing swathes of empty seats that only serves to show everyone just how mickey mouse Scottish football really is.  And a poor atmosphere at the quarter-full ground will prevail for us lucky enough to be there.

Football for fans, not TV!

Here we go again.  As if playing this game at Hampden wasn't already a silly idea, they move the game to an early kick-off which will prevent a substantial proportion of fans travelling down from the north-east.

So the SFA/AFC/QoS will get their Sky dollars, but the game will be broadcast showing swathes of empty seats that only serves to show everyone just how mickey mouse Scottish football really is.  And a poor atmosphere at the quarter-full ground will prevail for us lucky enough to be there.

Football for fans, not TV!

Appreciate the sentiment here completely. But I really think the problem is Hampden, not the kick off time. If it was at Tynecastle (for talks sake) at 12.30, I really don't think there'd be much wrong with that.

Appreciate the sentiment here completely. But I really think the problem is Hampden, not the kick off time. If it was at Tynecastle (for talks sake) at 12.30, I really don't think there'd be much wrong with that.

I don't think it being at Tynecastle at 12.30 would make any difference, as it still means everyone leaving at silly o'clock in the morning. We'd only be able to fill Tannadice, Dens or even McDermind Park at that time of day, and then it'd be unfair on the QoTS fans.

It's just a shit time, but both teams make more money from Sky, who I'm pretty sure assumed it'd be a Celtic v QoTS final, and it doesn't take that long to get from Glasgow to erm....Glasgow!

I don't think it being at Tynecastle at 12.30 would make any difference, as it still means everyone leaving at silly o'clock in the morning. We'd only be able to fill Tannadice, Dens or even McDermind Park at that time of day, and then it'd be unfair on the QoTS fans.

It's just a shit time, but both teams make more money from Sky, who I'm pretty sure assumed it'd be a Celtic v QoTS final, and it doesn't take that long to get from Glasgow to erm....Glasgow!

As I said, Tynecastle was for talks sake. The point being that there wouldn't be a vast number of empty seats, which in turn leads to more embarrassment for Scottish Football, which was part of what BTR was saying.

Totally agree with what BTR said. Don't think the problem is the venue, more the timing. Hopefully we'll be wrong and plenty of dandies will make it down. Afterall, its a weekend and people will goto great lengths to see important games of football. I can't wait, not been to Hampden yet so I shall be in attendance!  :thumbsup:

QotS fans would still have a fair bit of travel to do. Surely they'll change this, its a nonsense.

Totally agree with what BTR said. Don't think the problem is the venue, more the timing. Hopefully we'll be wrong and plenty of dandies will make it down. Afterall, its a weekend and people will goto great lengths to see important games of football. I can't wait, not been to Hampden yet so I shall be in attendance!  :thumbsup:

So a game between Aberdeen and QotS in 52,000 seater (correct me if that's wrong) isn't going to look stupid even if it was at 3pm? We're not going to take 25,000 for a semi final.. .especially as me and Funster are on holiday at that time (i should add, not together).  ;)

It should be at hampden, not least because we haven't been there for 8 years and I don't want most the players first hampden game to be vs the hun in the final.

In anycase Queen's are talking of taking 10,000 which doesn't seem unreasnable given it is their first cup semi since....well fuck knows when.

We took 7000 to a midweek semi in the middle of winter so I would hope we'll have atleast 10,000 there too.

There is no stadium in the country that can accommodate that size of crowd apart from the 3 glasgow stadium.

Yes the 1215 ko is a pain but it a million times better than the 1830 Sunday KO we had last time we played a hampden semi

It should be at hampden, not least because we haven't been there for 8 years and I don't want most the players first hampden game to be vs the hun in the final.

In anycase Queen's are talking of taking 10,000 which doesn't seem unreasnable given it is their first cup semi since....well fuck knows when.

We took 7000 to a midweek semi in the middle of winter so I would hope we'll have atleast 10,000 there too.

There is no stadium in the country that can accommodate that size of crowd apart from the 3 glasgow stadium.

Yes the 1215 ko is a pain but it a million times better than the 1830 Sunday KO we had last time we played a hampden semi

The problem I'm worried about is getting some where to drink before 11, can we come to your flat with a carry oot?

Party in town afterwards  :thumbsup:

Crystal palace a la St midden last season anyone ;)  :thumbsup:

I would rather be near the ground than having to leave from the middle of town. It also mean less drinking time, as I want to be in a pub for opening and run out at 12 and still be in my seat for kick off. If you go to the CP you will have to leave at 11.30.

I would rather be near the ground than having to leave from the middle of town. It also mean less drinking time, as I want to be in a pub for opening and run out at 12 and still be in my seat for kick off. If you go to the CP you will have to leave at 11.30.

Buddha Bar. 8)