Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Arabs - Dons

Get Sheerin and Robson to fuck. Pair of complete losers.

Cormack better pull something good out here. If we get a shit manager and say 3rd is our target then he can just fuckoff back to America. So far he’s been useless as chairman.

Fucking disgraceful, get McInnes back. A solid 0-0 opportunity missed there. All a bit "I've been watching the premiership" for my liking. Triple sub bollocks and the ultra cool "playing it out from the back" on a fucking tattie field. It's the managerial equivalent of the latest social media viral trend. 

Taylor and Considine decent. Hoban wasted as a fullback and McRorie fucking turgid. McKenzie was doing okay until the goal where he was completely at fault. Not seeing the ball out was poor, but then just letting his man wonder away from him was criminal.

Edit: Ferguson terrible too, optimised by the play at the end when Hendry was walking out with the ball looking for a pass. Instead of making the simple run into space giving Hendry an easy pass and taking responsibility, he hangs back leaving Hendry - who is gash - with an impossible pass. Blatant dive for his booking too, the only thing the ref did right.

Edited by RicoS321

Lewis Ferguson should be the first player drummed out.

If he's a hun, loves the huns, and wants to sign for the cunts. Then get him to fuck.

His dad was hinting at the above on Sportsound. 

Far from being one of our best players, I actually hate the rat faced weegie hun bastard. Supposedly one of our best players but a staunch hun. Get him to fuck. His dad is an arsehole too.

Get rid of him now Cormack. 

Just now, tom_widdows said:

That McGinn corner sums it up.

7 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Fucking disgraceful, get McInnes back. A solid 0-0 opportunity missed there. All a bit "I've been watching the premiership" for my liking. Triple sub bollocks and the ultra cool "playing it out from the back" on a fucking tattie field. It's the managerial equivalent of the latest social media viral trend. 

Taylor and Considine decent. Hoban wasted as a fullback and McRorie fucking turgid. McKenzie was doing okay until the goal where he was completely at fault. Not seeing the ball out was poor, but then just letting his man wonder away from him was criminal.

Yes it was pretty unforgivable defending but to be fair he did redeem himself when Shankland was bursting through the centre.  And what was the point of taking off Hoban in the last minute?  Maybe Sheerin knew that if we got another corner that McGinn would, as usual, hit the first man.  

3 minutes ago, dons8321 said:

Yes it was pretty unforgivable defending but to be fair he did redeem himself when Shankland was bursting through the centre.  And what was the point of taking off Hoban in the last minute?  Maybe Sheerin knew that if we got another corner that McGinn would, as usual, hit the first man.  

That's not really redeeming himself, he lost us the game! I'm only joking, he had a decent game otherwise and it looked like he lost his concentration for a second when he let Fuchs keep the ball in play. The sort of error you expect from a young player on their debut. Unlucky.

I'm guessing the Hoban sub was as much an opportunity to give Ramsay a run out as anything else. A signal to the senior players. 

There's a perception that it's all about the manager, but I honestly think this squad of players is mid-table quality at best. The centre backs are probably fine and I still think Ferguson and McRorie will be decent in the future given their age, but take Hedges out of it and we don't have much of anything in attacking areas that's better than teams below us.

45 minutes ago, sancho_panza said:

There's a perception that it's all about the manager, but I honestly think this squad of players is mid-table quality at best. The centre backs are probably fine and I still think Ferguson and McRorie will be decent in the future given their age, but take Hedges out of it and we don't have much of anything in attacking areas that's better than teams below us.

Absolutely this. The squad is mediocre, much like the clubs ambitions. This summer is a massive opportunity to start with a relative clean slate.

6 hours ago, sancho_panza said:

Maybe, but it’s the manager who assembles the mid-table squad together.

McInnes has left a shit storm behind. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Maybe, but it’s the manager who assembles the mid-table squad together.

McInnes has left a shit storm behind. 

Yes and no. We've still got some decent players. Just another case of bad signings catching up with us. We have to look beyond the manager for those failings, our recruitment more generally has been poor and changing manager won't solve that. We've known for years that McInnes' recruitment was awful, it didn't just happen overnight, the foundations should have been laid by now for a strong recruitment team who could help. It's completely unacceptable for a club to watch someone sign miles storey and then say "we thought he was doing okay". 

That said, we're probably only a couple of players away from having a first eleven that could finish third. For example, if Hornby could prove himself alongside Kamberi then we'd likely be fine with Hayes and McLennan on the wings. Sort out the striker role in the summer and we're probably okay in terms of first eleven. You then just need to clear out the fillers that haven't worked like McGeouch, Kennedy, Devlin etc. and you're probably in a place where you can supplement with two or three good players to challenge the first team and have an actual squad. 

Basically, we can sort most of our issues in one window if signings are good, but two windows should allow us to replace further and there's no reason why we can't be hitting 70 points next season. That should be our aim.

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Yes and no. We've still got some decent players. Just another case of bad signings catching up with us. We have to look beyond the manager for those failings, our recruitment more generally has been poor and changing manager won't solve that. We've known for years that McInnes' recruitment was awful, it didn't just happen overnight, the foundations should have been laid by now for a strong recruitment team who could help. It's completely unacceptable for a club to watch someone sign miles storey and then say "we thought he was doing okay". 

That said, we're probably only a couple of players away from having a first eleven that could finish third. For example, if Hornby could prove himself alongside Kamberi then we'd likely be fine with Hayes and McLennan on the wings. Sort out the striker role in the summer and we're probably okay in terms of first eleven. You then just need to clear out the fillers that haven't worked like McGeouch, Kennedy, Devlin etc. and you're probably in a place where you can supplement with two or three good players to challenge the first team and have an actual squad. 

Basically, we can sort most of our issues in one window if signings are good, but two windows should allow us to replace further and there's no reason why we can't be hitting 70 points next season. That should be our aim.

Connor McLennan?

God help us if he’s playing in the starting X1 regularly. 
Doesn’t have a football brain, constantly makes the wrong decisions, runs up blind alleys, trips over the ball & runs it out of play.

Incidentally, Hayes has been poor on his return too, disappointingly. 

Who has been good on a regular basis?

Ash, hoban, ?

Hedges has been our most exciting player by a mile (other than Wright the shite).

We have crumbled and need to clear out the crap who couldn't be arsed fighting for the club OR their over paid wage.

Massive job for the next manager.