Jump to content

Scottish League Cup

Sunday 10 July 2022 - kick-off 3pm

Peterhead v Aberdeen

Stand Free!

Ross McCrorie


BigAl
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Yep, he was rank in that game. Before January I was certain we should be shipping him ASAP, it was like he was disinterested, and made lots of errors. A few games at pittodrie where he really did assert himself and take a hold of the game and I thought he'd maybe turned it round. Then the game against the huns this season where he's back to square one. He's capable, I think, but I'm not sure we'll see it again. Expensive mistake if so.

Before January he was out injured for 3 months give or take.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

That's good news. A versatile player, not quite good enough to play in multiple positions! I don't think I've ever been so unsure of a player at pittodrie, whilst simultaneously thinking he should be in the team every week. He's a strange one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like McCrorie and still think he and Ferguson should have been played in midfield together rather than having Brown in there. That said until Devlin’s fit (no laughing at the back) or Considine I think we need to continue with McCrorie beside Bates at the back as Bates’ form goes to shit as soon as he is paired with Gallagher. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good news. Been hard to judge if hes happy being shunted about,or ifhe has a preferred position.

   Think Bates and Gallacher should be given a longer run,maybe with Brown in there to sort them out

Edited by Elgindon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, I’m happy with McCrorie extending.

I think his strength is actually his weakness in many ways. He’s a good utility player, having been moved from midfield to right back to centre half to cover injuries and squad deficiencies. I still think we will see the best of him in a defensive midfield role as we’re not getting the best out of him in defence.  He’s done a good job helping the team to his own detriment I would say. 
he reminds me of the type of player Phil Neville was, admittedly not as good but, similar in his ability to do well in a few positions when the team need him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Can we please just appoint him captain now? Good boost for him and he should be our leader. Lewis isn’t having a great season, is on the decline, and isn’t ultimately captain material anyway. Certainly looks a little bit of a lamb between the sticks these days, and wouldn’t be totally surprised if we keeper shop this summer as well. Ross just signed a new deal and certainly looks a natural captain to me.

Edited by LA-Don
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Can't remember if it was here or on twitter, but someone said he's a captain in waiting. Didn't expect the opportunity would present itself so soon, but he certainly wouldn't be a bad choice.

Only need to look up above, four posts Manc 😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Another poor performance in midfield today. He's a very strange one. He is a strong, athletic runner with a great work rate, but is he actually any good? I'm not convinced he's good enough at actual fitba to be playing centre midfield. He's not positionally good enough, or strong enough (especially in the air), to play centre half. I think we should deploy him at right back next season. Unless we're playing a back three. He'd be a fantastic holding midfielder against teams that are stronger than us, but we rarely need that. I don't mean this in a critical sense, but he reminds me of Ricky Foster when he was at his best for us. He'd mark Barry Ferguson completely out of a game then fail to complete a five yard pass. Just better at stopping others playing fitba than actually playing himself. 

I like McRorie, and most especially his attitude and work rate, but he's an absolute conundrum in terms of how to utilise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Player of the year. Disagree. Should have been Ferguson. By quite a distance. Anyway, he's a good professional, well done loon.

I think it's a tough call. Ferguson has been good but also very shit in games over the course of the season. Not saying McCrorie has been consistent either, but more consistent. I don't think Ferguson has been as good this year than in other years, and has under performed, should have a bigger influence in games that he has done. McCrorie has bounced between center mid, center defense, right back, even right wing back at times. For a first year here I think Ross has been good overall and deservedly should be our next captain. That said I then think, just slightly, it's the correct choice.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Mmmm

Unlike some of the absolute zoomers in our support I don't advocate ripping up his contract, but I do think he maybe should have thought it through a little better and certainly not posing for photos with them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Mmmm

Unlike some of the absolute zoomers in our support I don't advocate ripping up his contract, but I do think he maybe should have thought it through a little better and certainly not posing for photos with them 

If you think it through properly, you don't go. Although, I've not seen any verification of the only photo I've seen I should add. It'd just be nice to sit at pittodrie and not have many of the support hating a current player for who he supports and constantly questioning their loyalty. The problem for McRorie is that he's not good enough at fitba to be doing things like this. Any doubts about his ability will just get magnified now and supporters will be even quicker to turn on him. I'd like to see the club address it if he is there. Either to force an apology from the player or to back him and tell fans to get over it. We either expect our players to be absolutely loyal on and off the pitch while they're here, or we want to get rid of the tiring toxicity surrounding every single player who once played or supported the scum.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't McGinn go to Celtic games? Is that on par??

Life and culture has changed. I'm 49 and old. Many 'young kids' want all Scottish teams to do well, and are quite happy to see England do well. I don't. But I don't grudge McGinn or McRorie supporting a team they support and have played for. From what I see he's not wearing a Rangers top and on camera singing inappropriate songs either. He went to see a European final in which some of his friends were playing. I don't think it's that bad unless I'm not seeing more pics or don't know the full story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Didn't McGinn go to Celtic games? Is that on par??

Life and culture has changed. I'm 49 and old. Many 'young kids' want all Scottish teams to do well, and are quite happy to see England do well. I don't. But I don't grudge McGinn or McRorie supporting a team they support and have played for. From what I see he's not wearing a Rangers top and on camera singing inappropriate songs either. He went to see a European final in which some of his friends were playing. I don't think it's that bad unless I'm not seeing more pics or don't know the full story.

No, that's all it was, plus his brother still plays for them. McGinn was regularly abused by the Dons support for being a Tim, culminating in the "he disnae try against them" nonsense. I agree with you, there should be no issue, but there will be.

Who are these kids that want other Scottish teams do well? That doesn't sound like a thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

No, that's all it was, plus his brother still plays for them. McGinn was regularly abused by the Dons support for being a Tim, culminating in the "he disnae try against them" nonsense. I agree with you, there should be no issue, but there will be.

Who are these kids that want other Scottish teams do well? That doesn't sound like a thing. 

Pretty sure you have/had people posting here about wanting Scottish teams to do well, even England. I'm sure it burned your eyes!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Pretty sure you have/had people posting here about wanting Scottish teams to do well, even England. I'm sure it burned your eyes!

Fucking ban them. It's only old cunts that post on here anyway.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally no problem with players being fans of either arse cheek however it should be pointed out to them that while they play for (or indeed manage) us they should not attend matches of either side as a fan. Just gives morons like me a stick to beat them with when they perform poorly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Jute said:

Personally no problem with players being fans of either arse cheek however it should be pointed out to them that while they play for (or indeed manage) us they should not attend matches of either side as a fan. Just gives morons like me a stick to beat them with when they perform poorly. 

Pretty much my thoughts on it. I don’t care who they support, but rather not see them attend matches. I’d probably excuse this one though, it’s a European final, hardly gets bigger than that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...