Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Coronavirus

BigAl

1 hour ago, scotfree said:

I have to say that the Queensland premier has been really good. She's not been scared to put the state into lock down and we have had (so far...) low numbers of infection. Dan Andrews in Victoria has done well considering he was really unwell for a while. I would like to see him as PM one day. 

Hey mate

Totally agree with you there.

I like Dan Andrews.

Scomo should be replaced and I feel he has failed Australians.

The NRL debacle is a disgrace!!

And as far as these selfish dickheads protesting, I hope every one of them suffer from really bad covid symptoms...not die...but suffer badly.

I have zero guilt about saying that.

• Like 2

On 25/07/2021 at 17:28, scotfree said:

I have to say that the Queensland premier has been really good. She's not been scared to put the state into lock down and we have had (so far...) low numbers of infection. Dan Andrews in Victoria has done well considering he was really unwell for a while. I would like to see him as PM one day. 

Queensland gets good press here, probably Vic slightly less so but I think they along with the SA premiers seem to have done a good job. People first and economies will follow strategy has paid off, certainly has for NZ with ours being stronger than pre covid levels now. Of course no one can afford to buy now but hey Ho ?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

COVID Passports then, will be required to attend football matches.

A bit annoying as I've just moved back to Aberdeen and was looking forward to getting a season ticket. Currently there's no way to register overseas vaccines on the NHS app so I'm going to be locked out of Pittodrie from 1st October.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/sep/10/australian-drug-regulator-bans-ivermectin-as-covid-treatment-after-sharp-rise-in-prescriptions

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/30/australian-imports-of-ivermectin-increase-10-fold-prompting-warning-from-tga

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/sep/09/indigenous-australians-in-covid-hit-wilcannia-targeted-by-ivermectin-spruiker

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/23/fda-horse-message-ivermectin-covid-coronavirus?CMP=twt_b-gdnnews

Just a few links I found about Ivermectin that is mainly for the Australian view.

I'm sure they may be something come out that will help in fighting Covid, but I think I'll stick with my Pfizer at the moment. You would have to think they would be way more people have a reaction to something cattle are given to get rid of tapeworm to a vaccine that is working and with a very low number of people having severe reaction to. 

4 hours ago, scotfree said:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/sep/10/australian-drug-regulator-bans-ivermectin-as-covid-treatment-after-sharp-rise-in-prescriptions

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/30/australian-imports-of-ivermectin-increase-10-fold-prompting-warning-from-tga

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/sep/09/indigenous-australians-in-covid-hit-wilcannia-targeted-by-ivermectin-spruiker

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/23/fda-horse-message-ivermectin-covid-coronavirus?CMP=twt_b-gdnnews

Just a few links I found about Ivermectin that is mainly for the Australian view.

I'm sure they may be something come out that will help in fighting Covid, but I think I'll stick with my Pfizer at the moment. You would have to think they would be way more people have a reaction to something cattle are given to get rid of tapeworm to a vaccine that is working and with a very low number of people having severe reaction to. 

There were indeed folks in America who mistakenly had been using the livestock version for Covid which is a different strength to the human version.The human version is one of the safest drugs around(for malaria and other virus prevention),and been administered around 4bn times to humans.Any side effects are on par with Anadin.....and it comes at a fraction of the cost of the Covid jab(s),but were not hearing about it.Not sure who the Oz govt are to stop people from the choice to use it

Mexico and India data on Ivermectin (Pierre Kory & Bret Weinstein) (odysee.com)

Edited by Elgindon

1 hour ago, Elgindon said:

There were indeed folks in America who mistakenly had been using the livestock version for Covid which is a different strength to the human version.The human version is one of the safest drugs around(for malaria and other virus prevention),and been administered around 4bn times to humans.Any side effects are on par with Anadin.....and it comes at a fraction of the cost of the Covid jab(s),but were not hearing about it.Not sure who the Oz govt are to stop people from the choice to use it

Mexico and India data on Ivermectin (Pierre Kory & Bret Weinstein) (odysee.com)

The governments of all countries stop people taking drugs all the time, that's kind of one of their jobs. If they deem that there is a risk to people's own safety from taking ivermectin then they would be right to try and prevent it. More likely though is that they are concerned that it will replace vaccination as the popular choice. Unfortunately, ivermectin doesn't reduce infections and spread of covid and so concern around the ability to control the virus in Australia would be fairly genuine, as they're still administering lockdowns due to their previous success. The question for the government is if ivermectin is more efficacious than vaccination and certainly prior to the delta  variant that was very much the case. They need something successful enough that they can promise no more lockdowns - they need a cure. The very political nature of the pandemic requires to be seen to be ended, which is pretty much what's happening in the UK. 

What that shouldn't mean is ruling out the use of ivermectin as a supplement to vaccine treatment, which I suspect we will see (and probably have seen) in the UK as the virus becomes endemic - if it passes the various trials with a high degree of success. I think the deliberate spread of misinformation about ivermectin being a cow wormer or whatever by various media outlets is equally as problematic as vaccine misinformation, as it may be something that is required in the near future. Ivermectin isn't a replacement for vaccination though, in the same way as vitamin D isn't. Vaccination is really the only good option (of the two) for reducing harm to the community over the individual, so I can completely see why a government would be very wary of people expressing their rights to self medicate and treating the pandemic as a personal problem.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

NZ are reverting to a traffic light system, which I don’t fully understand yet but I’ve not had the time to go through it. But it all hinges on all the district health boards achieving 90% vaccination rate each. Think we’re at 89% for the country but that’s not each dhb. No idea how they’re going to convince the largely anti vax freaks in the far north and east. Hoping intl travel (beyond Aussie etc) gets sorted the second 1/4 of next year. Fucking over this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manc_don said:

NZ are reverting to a traffic light system, which I don’t fully understand yet but I’ve not had the time to go through it. But it all hinges on all the district health boards achieving 90% vaccination rate each. Think we’re at 89% for the country but that’s not each dhb. No idea how they’re going to convince the largely anti vax freaks in the far north and east. Hoping intl travel (beyond Aussie etc) gets sorted the second 1/4 of next year. Fucking over this.

I'd be more concerned by a government picking an arbitrary percentage from thin air. As far as I'm aware, there is no figure for herd immunity with vaccination, and we know that vaccination doesn't prevent infection (it significantly reduces the spread, slowing it). It's difficult to see what the additional single digit percentages will do, other than piss people off. It'd be very interesting to note the vaccination rates versus rates of poverty, ethnicity and educational outcomes in the various districts too. Given that vaccination's ability to reduce the rate of spread decreases after a few months, you need a population that is increasingly less skeptical over time in order that they get boosters when required, so to take such a coercive approach - using arbitrary round numbers - to cajole people into getting vaccinated seems, to me, to be completely counterintuitive or, perhaps, setting people up to take the blame. If a reasonable person such as yourself is already calling a minority freaks then it seems likely that the division is already well sown and anyone spreading malicious anti vaccine messaging (as opposed to those who are just frightened) has done their job.

Honestly, I’ve had it with the anti vaxxers. The worst thing I quite a few of them are goggle eyed yanks . I’d hope karma gets them but the sad thing is we end up paying for them as they’ll end up in hospital and they put the rest of the country at risk. It’s selfish.

the government hasn’t sewn any seeds of division, quite the contrary. It’s all on them. But I get your arbitrary number point. I think they were just trying to get the numbers up as high as possible, and given Auckland has a high population and is in lockdown I think it made sense.

The sad thing in all of this is it is the Maori communities (high proportion in poverty than any other) that are especially susceptible to their bullshit as they quite rightly have grown to have a deep mistrust of authority. The freaks have preyed on them and took advantage of their fears, which means there’s a higher proportion of Maori who’re unvaxxed. Not sure how the govt change that, but change they must as Maori are also more likely to get and have severe reactions to covid. 

yesterday I had to tell a mate I won’t be seeing them anytime soon as they are unvaxxed. In laws are in the vulnerable category and have asked us not to contact unvaxxed where possible.   It’s a weird fucking situation.

• 1 month later...

Anti-vaccers are dickheads with utterly no compelling arguments.

You put foreign bodies in your body every day with food preservatives, bacteria etc.

And all this pish about freedom is ridiculous.

Bunch of selfish, religious zealot, attention seeking morons.

People are very bored and self-centred.

38 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Anti-vaccers are dickheads with utterly no compelling arguments.

You put foreign bodies in your body every day with food preservatives, bacteria etc.

And all this pish about freedom is ridiculous.

Bunch of selfish, religious zealot, attention seeking morons.

People are very bored and self-centred.

I think there’s a difference between food preservatives and injecting a new type of and relatively unknown vaccine/medical procedure (with no history) into your blood. It’s irreversible. There have been very documented and publicized results of Covid but there’s also a ton of Covid vaccine damaged people out there. I understand the hesitancy, hence I don’t support mandating this vaccine.

much like with all other medical procedures and drugs, the side effects should be very clearly stated for people to choose. There’s not enough known yet about the vaccine to state the side effects. Even now you see the J&J vaccine is not being recommended because of side effects when millions already have taken it because they were told it was safe.

im not anti vax but feel I understand both sides. Wife works with a number of doctors who are treating Covid vaccine damaged patients. It’s scary

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

I think there’s a difference between food preservatives and injecting a new type of and relatively unknown vaccine/medical procedure (with no history) into your blood. It’s irreversible. There have been very documented and publicized results of Covid but there’s also a ton of Covid vaccine damaged people out there. I understand the hesitancy, hence I don’t support mandating this vaccine.

much like with all other medical procedures and drugs, the side effects should be very clearly stated for people to choose. There’s not enough known yet about the vaccine to state the side effects. Even now you see the J&J vaccine is not being recommended because of side effects when millions already have taken it because they were told it was safe.

im not anti vax but feel I understand both sides. Wife works with a number of doctors who are treating Covid vaccine damaged patients. It’s scary

There's tons of medical EXPERTS saying otherwise.

Why aren't millions of vaccinated people dropping like flies if it's so dangerous?

And we don't know what supermarkets inject into their food.

We have contaminated food stock reported loads in the news.

Breathing in new sustainable ingredients of paint, oils, perfumes created in labs, phone damage etc could affect you in years to come.

Experts have brought up crap like this every decade as scaremongering.

5.3 million have died from covid. I don't think that's scaremongering.

Governments control citizens every day with regulations.

The anti vaccers are stopping me from flying home to see my family and are putting unnecessary stress on businesses and hospitals.

They're selfish and have 0 arguments against being vaccinated. They are the extreme minority who wish to argue for argument's sake.

Non vaccinated people are the ones dying and being admitted to hospital.

You have a 94% chance of NOT going to hospital with covid if vaccinated according to expert figures here.

I mentioned on Facebook that I hoped some anti-vaccers would catch covid just to see that it's real. Not to die or suffer but hopefully to be a little surprised.To open their eyes and respect the reality that millions who have died from it (rather than dismiss it as fake.)

The reply I received was, "I hope your kids catch it"

Nice people.

• Like 1

Dr Scott Youngblood / Excellent Presentation Worth Every Second Of Your Time (bitchute.com)

There's good arguments for not taking the vax,its not a black and white thing,so lets quit the name calling shite.Nothing to do with being selfish for a lot of folk.I was positively pro vax(double jabbed),but have looked at alternatives as the,probably under-reported, data has become available. If youre fit and under 40,I personally wouldnt touch the vax with a bargepole now and look at prophyllactics.

9 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Dr Scott Youngblood / Excellent Presentation Worth Every Second Of Your Time (bitchute.com)

There's good arguments for not taking the vax,its not a black and white thing,so lets quit the name calling shite.Nothing to do with being selfish for a lot of folk.I was positively pro vax(double jabbed),but have looked at alternatives as the,probably under-reported, data has become available. If youre fit and under 40,I personally wouldnt touch the vax with a bargepole now and look at prophyllactics.

So let's take figures from Taiwan. Seriously?

It's like saying walking down a path will cause some fatalities with people who may have imbalance problems or who may trip and bump their heads.

99% are still walking down that path everyday without injury or fatality.

I've watched lots of marches with thousands of anti vaccers. With lots of 'jesus saves' posters by the way and 'free the people' bollocks.

One was even interviewed over here saying we know what's in the vaccine and we refuse to take it.

He was then asked,"what's in the vaccine" and replied," I'm not a biologist"

😅😅😅

And of course they're selfish. Look at the numbers of people who refused to be vaccinated and put massive strains on hospital staff.

Anti vaccers here have also shut down borders and given us huge restrictions.

They've lied to get through borders and spread covid. These fucktards are potential murderers who show no remorse.

So I'll stick to the name calling thanks.

16 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

So let's take figures from Taiwan. Seriously?

It's like saying walking down a path will cause some fatalities with people who may have imbalance problems or who may trip and bump their heads.

99% are still walking down that path everyday without injury or fatality.

I've watched lots of marches with thousands of anti vaccers. With lots of 'jesus saves' posters by the way and 'free the people' bollocks.

One was even interviewed over here saying we know what's in the vaccine and we refuse to take it.

He was then asked,"what's in the vaccine" and replied," I'm not a biologist"

😅😅😅

And of course they're selfish. Look at the numbers of people who refused to be vaccinated and put massive strains on hospital staff.

Anti vaccers here have also shut down borders and given us huge restrictions.

They've lied to get through borders and spread covid. These fucktards are potential murderers who show no remorse.

So I'll stick to the name calling thanks.

"Anti vaccers" have not shut down borders, your government has.

Last time I was in the hospital it was filled with selfish fat people who refused to lose weight and put massive strain on hospital staff (and the beds). Don't get me started on the bed-hogging poor, with all their ailments.

18 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

"Anti vaccers" have not shut down borders, your government has.

Last time I was in the hospital it was filled with selfish fat people who refused to lose weight and put massive strain on hospital staff (and the beds). Don't get me started on the bed-hogging poor, with all their ailments.

Yup and the government have shut the borders due to dumb, selfish anti-vaccers breaking rules that most people are following.

Fat people don't put a country at risk.

6 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Yup and the government have shut the borders due to dumb, selfish anti-vaccers breaking rules that most people are following.

Fat people don't put a country at risk.

What's your country at risk of?

What's the required level of vaccination for herd immunity?

Edited by RicoS321

17 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

What's your country at risk of?

What's the required level of vaccination for herd immunity?

So you're an anti-vaccer?

The country I live in and every other country on the planet is at risk of being shut down for travellers, this country is at risk of having high infection rates, at risk of deaths rising with new variants, at risk of borders being shut down therefore creating less income for businesses, at risk of putting more pressure on already struggling hospitals, at risk of variants spreading and locking cities down, at risk of travelling interstate being stopped (I don't and didnt want to fly anywhere), at risk of schools shutting down...

That enough for you?^^^

Nobody advocates herd immunity over here. It's NEVER mentioned.

There's probably no such thing as a new variant will no doubt pop up.

We have seen tons of cases of anti vaccers flaunting the health advice and mandates and knowingly spreading covid because they decide not to believe in it.

Selfish bastards.

These types are not letting US move on and are consequently slowing down the whole process of us getting back to normality (if we ever do) and ironically taking away our freedoms!

The amount of times we've had to wear masks here because a non vaccer purposely decided to flaunt the rules because of his or her beliefs which shut down numerous businesses is ridiculous.

The action of a few people affects millions of lives.

That's not really happened before unless you're a terrorist or a president or prime minister.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

So you're an anti-vaccer?

The country I live in and every other country on the planet is at risk of being shut down for travellers, this country is at risk of having high infection rates, at risk of deaths rising with new variants, at risk of borders being shut down therefore creating less income for businesses, at risk of putting more pressure on already struggling hospitals, at risk of variants spreading and locking cities down, at risk of travelling interstate being stopped (I don't and didnt want to fly anywhere), at risk of schools shutting down...

That enough for you?^^^

Nobody advocates herd immunity over here. It's NEVER mentioned.

There's probably no such thing as a new variant will no doubt pop up.

We have seen tons of cases of anti vaccers flaunting the health advice and mandates and knowingly spreading covid because they decide not to believe in it.

Selfish bastards.

These types are not letting US move on and are consequently slowing down the whole process of us getting back to normality (if we ever do) and ironically taking away our freedoms!

The amount of times we've had to wear masks here because a non vaccer purposely decided to flaunt the rules because of his or her beliefs which shut down numerous businesses is ridiculous.

The action of a few people affects millions of lives.

That's not really happened before unless you're a terrorist or a president or prime minister.

I've had three doses of Pfizer, if it helps the discussion.

If you're not discussing herd immunity then why not? If your government is putting arbitrary figures on when/when not to allow people to travel, then why on earth would you accept that without questioning those arbitrary figures?

The lack of nuance and critical thinking in your argument is disturbing.