Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - well

New training ground, that's working eh?

Mind you, no lasting damage done there (apart from the three million pounds a week it costs to run)

What's going to happen though when nobody can be a'rsed going to Westhill to watch crap football, Pittodrie's gone and replaced with s'hitey flats at the bottom of Merkland Road East?

Too late then, far too late then.

Ditch the ridiculous Westhill idea, that will at least start a feel good factor and lets get our football team back on the right track.

While youre here,looking for robust pair(s) of specs for working outdoors,able to withstand being dropped/knocked about a lot.

Happy to pay up to £8 a pair if needs be    :razz:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think McInnes is a bullshitter. In fact, I think he'd come across pretty well in an interview. He just makes mistakes as a manager. The problem is that Cormack is there just now and there appears to be no accountability on the footballing side. What mandate did McInnes have after the Dumbarton game to go out and play in such a negative fashion? Who was there, above him, to hold him accountable for that lack of entertainment? I don't see that such a person exists, Cormack included. Given the names at the time (Derek Adams etc.), I have no doubt that Cormack would have picked similarly to Milne. McInnes is knowledgeable, and really understands the management side of the game in terms of fitness, training, general coaching etc. He struggles with the tactical side, specifically erring toward caution in every instance. How does that come across at an interview? To me, without a structure above McInnes that holds him to account for performances, we'll fail with every appointment. I also believe that if McInnes was being held accountable that we wouldn't have gone into last night's game with three holding midfielders, he would have felt pressured to entertain as well as get a result. The point being, is that we saw a few years back that McInnes is completely capable of putting an entertaining team on the pitch. The season we were banging in 7 goals in a couple of games, 6 etc. We need to be able to force it out of him again. Or ditch him, obviously. But I think we need to bring in the culture of questioning and challenging the manager and setting goals and so on first. I'm not sure it exists currently.

I didn't mean DM, just that any potential new guy would possibly have a more difficult time than with Milne.

I don't actually hate McInnes, but it looks like he will leave us at some point and people will forget the decent job he did in his first few years due to him staying too long with us and will possibly be the end of  his life as a manager. He had far to cosy a relationship with Milne and if he is indeed on anything like the numbers being spouted on here then we could well be stuck with him.

I know I said "McInnes oot" in my earlier post. But in reality I cannot see it happening unless he commits an act of gross misconduct that would allow us to bullet him with no compensation.

I was informed that his previous contract extension ( not long after the 2 day excursion to Mordor resulting in him rejecting sevco) had put him on approx. £15k/week thus blowing the sevconian offer of £12k/week right out the water. However I had no info as to his recent contract extension although naturally I presumed it would be on at least the same terms as his previous one. I've now seen a few posters elsewhere who are fairly sensible sorts so not likely to exaggerate saying that his pay went up to £17k/week. With roughly 2 and a half years left on his contract, a quick calculation shows that to bullet him right now would cost somewhere around £2.2million. Adding in Docherty would take the figure northwards of £2.5million. Coupled with the costs of then bringing in a new managerial team...….can anyone actually see Cormack doing it? Bearing in mind we seem to be struggling for seed funding to get the new stadium built I just cannot see any way the club will not just let the status quo continue. A slump into a genuine relegation dogfight in February/March next season might force action (by which time the compo figure would nearly have halved). But I really do think we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future  :hammer:

That would only be if McInnes (and Docherty) demanded a full pay-off.

I'm completely guessing here, but I have a feeling McInnes' plan was always to leave at the end of the season, which was when his contract was originally due to expire. Had he not signed a new deal it'd have caused a lot of problems in that he'd constantly be getting asked about his future, new players signing would be reluctant if the manager was leaving, etc.

But with Milne stepping down, I think McInnes will see the season out and then look for a fresh challenge.

Of course, I could be wrong, because there's little reason for McInnes to go anywhere. He's well paid, is in a good job at a big club, and isn't as under pressure as he would be should be move to say an English Championship or a top League One club expecting instant results/promotion, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he's still manager next season.

But, I just have a hunch he's already made up his mind, and that Milne/Cormack both probably already know this.

Sam's game is far more than flick on's and hold up play. He's got decent feet, decent acceleration, speed and obviously is strong (whithout giving away a lot of fouls). Cealry he know's where the goal is too.

The issue lies not with him but with the;

Ojo/Ferguson/McGeouch(now) to Considine/McKenna/Taylor, HOOF!

or

Considine/McKenna/Taylor to Lewis, HOOF!

Occasionally we really mix it up with;

Ojo/Ferguson/McGeouch(now) to Considine/McKenna/Taylor to Lewis, HOOF!!!

Cosgrove, when it doesn't go wide, has 3 options;

a 50 - 60 yeard pass back into his own half to the nearest midfielder

take it in, turn and take-on the 2 or 3 players marking him as there is no other Aberdeen players within 30 yards to take them away from him

or play it to a wide player who has similar numbers picking them up.

When the hoof balls do go wide more often than not the wide players are not running onto the ball they're firstly trying to keep it in. When they do get a cross in it's easily dealt with as there are no midfielders arriving late. It's easy for any defensive unit to pick up the 2 or 3 attacking players in dangerous positions.

It's like they've been training on a tattie field, not a super-duper state of the art bowloing green-esque training pitch...

Still at least Jon Gallagher ran fast.

Pretty spot on Baggy. I can see it, you can see it, surely Dave must see it. Fans being unhappy online actually got a mention on Clyde 1 tonight but I never heard a chat about the situation or criticism of Derek from the panel. I did

Miss some parts though.