Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tims - Dons - Sat

We were piss poor, we offered very little as usual going forward and they passed it around our defenders like it was a training match. Our goal was actually well worked, nice skill from McKenna and a good cross from McGinn, finished excellently from Cosgrove, who outjumped Ajer to bury that header, as you'll have seen from the Highlights, but back to your question, it was a poor performance, thought McKenna was the best of our defenders, Ojo at times looked class in Midfield, sadly though, whenever he recieved the ball and looked up, he found no forward options and it went backwards.

Hamilton, in their recent 2-1 defeat at Parkhead, amassed 9 shots at goal, with 5 on target. We managed 2 the entire game, 1 on target, it's not really befitting of an Aberdeen team in my opinion, we're better than that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's coincidental. Aberdeen fans start discussing AFC and our most recent game and the A96 fiddled-as-a-kiddie fucks off. Without ever commenting on the game?

One has to wonder who he is and what agenda he's on?

The wos hate Aberdeen. I understand this. But I hate cunts trying to infiltrate us more. The boy may well have a genuine grievance with me. I'm used to that. But on an AFC forum, I won't listen to plants and stooges. Fuck that weirdo.

It’s not insane when you realise that, in some people’s eyes, we can’t possibly have a striker who’s scored 20 goals by Christmas without finding some fault as otherwise it might reflect well on the manager. sAcK mcInnezz

Ot they might need to give the manager some credit

Ehhh. We were shite yesterday, absolutely horsed, and the same shit defensive tactics for much of the game I saw.  2-1 flatters us so much, are you asking us to give McInnes credit for yesterday?? Credit to big Sam for 20 goals by Xmas, of course that’s great. But a crazy needless overly physical tackle pretty much at the corner flag killed any chance of us getting an equalizer. He’s still a fucking idiot much of the time, am I not allowed to express my opinion on that?

And what exactly are you wanting to give McInnes credit for? We are god awful to watch and have been for 2-3 years.

One or two observations in response to recent games and comments/claims made by participants of this thread:

Cosgrove isn't a dirty player. If anything I feel he lacks strength for being such a big cunt. He hits the deck affa easily and it's one of the things about him that grinds me gears somewhat.

Within the first few seconds of the hun game he was being penalised for fuck all. Absolute nothing "challenges" then a couple of further "fouls" later he was getting warned for persistent fouling which he'd soon receive a booking for. 3 x fuck all is still fuck all but the ref set an early precedent that he was basically allowed no contact. Any reputation he got from this scenario for being a "red card waiting to happen" isn't fair IMO. Frustrating but no doubt some hun cunt will have been chirping in the ref's ear. Which brings me nicely to (the actual referee on Saturday); Scott Brown.  :hammer:

Had Scott Brown made that challenge there's no fucking danger whatsoever that he's getting a red card for it. Or even a yellow. It's not even a fucking foul. Ajer has bought that one. The ref couldn't fucking wait to whip out the card. Wthere it's on their by line or ours matters not. Many are suggesting he shouldn't have done it but if we can't go to the homes of the cheeks and compete then we might as well pack it in for good. The speed aspect of the challange came from Sam being mindful of the player punting the ball clear. He'd have anticipated having to try and block a punt by the time he got there but Ajer was caught in possession and had to feign injury to save face. We were growing into the game. We were far from amazing but we were much better after half time and Sam was trying to keep Celtic pinned in up the park. If we're not allowed to do that then why should anyone pay to watch there competitions? As someone else correctly pointed out I'd have been annoyed if Cosgrove had applied no pressure and given Ajer the freedom and time to calmly clear the danger. Fuck that. I want my players, my team and my manager to show commitment to the cause.

This isn't an issue with us - this is an issue with another dreadful refereeing decision not unlike the one that the Huns got against Hibs. Only difference there is that the game was over by that point. Sam's sending off effectively ended the game as a contest.

Having said all this.. It still infuriates me how Derek McInnes approaches these games nowadays.

Hamilton, in their recent 2-1 defeat at Parkhead, amassed 9 shots at goal, with 5 on target. We managed 2 the entire game, 1 on target, it's not really befitting of an Aberdeen team in my opinion, we're better than that.

Hamilton treat the the game exactly as they should....as a free hit. With the gulf in resources they have with Celtic...they have written the game off before the season even starts as a zero pointer. They know it's games against the St Mirren's, St Johnstone's and Hearts ( :laughing:) that they need to take points in. If they lose 5-0 to Celtic....it's nothing more than anyone expects, so they just go out and give it a real go and see what happens,

We are hampered by the expectation that as the country's 3rd biggest side, we should be able to land relatively frequent victories against Celtic. However financially the gap we have to Hamilton (we have roughly 3 times their budget) is much closer than it is than the gap we have with Celtic (they have roughly 6 times ours). Maybe we should just adopt the Hamilton attitude. Celtic have better players than us. They spend £7million on one player. We spend that total on players (at current rates) around every 20 years. They should beat us. But fuck me 28 shots on goal to 2 is plain embarrassing.

Players get booked for diving, "simulation" when trying to cheat to get a penalty.

The game would be improved if players get booked for feigning injury, "simulation" when trying to cheat to get an opponent into trouble.

If this were to be enforced in the VAR matches, the incidence of feigning injury would reduce in the lower leagues. There's always going to be grey areas and close calls but even the threat of "clear and obvious" simulating (injury) is going to have a dramatic positive effect.

Hamilton treat the the game exactly as they should....as a free hit. With the gulf in resources they have with Celtic...they have written the game off before the season even starts as a zero pointer. They know it's games against the St Mirren's, St Johnstone's and Hearts ( :laughing:) that they need to take points in. If they lose 5-0 to Celtic....it's nothing more than anyone expects, so they just go out and give it a real go and see what happens,

We are hampered by the expectation that as the country's 3rd biggest side, we should be able to land relatively frequent victories against Celtic. However financially the gap we have to Hamilton (we have roughly 3 times their budget) is much closer than it is than the gap we have with Celtic (they have roughly 6 times ours). Maybe we should just adopt the Hamilton attitude. Celtic have better players than us. They spend £7million on one player. We spend that total on players (at current rates) around every 20 years. They should beat us. But fuck me 28 shots on goal to 2 is plain embarrassing.

I'm still not convinced that it was a red for two reasons;

Cosgrove clearly slid in front of Ajer, targeting the ball (which he got) and not the man.

Ajer cheated by feigning injury after the most minimal contact with Sam's trailing leg.

Players get booked for diving, "simulation" when trying to cheat to get a penalty.

The game would be improved if players get booked for feigning injury, "simulation" when trying to cheat to get an opponent into trouble.

If this were to be enforced in the VAR matches, the incidence of feigning injury would reduce in the lower leagues. There's always going to be grey areas and close calls but even the threat of "clear and obvious" simulating (injury) is going to have a dramatic positive effect.

As McInnes himself would say "there's a lot to like in there"

Peace and goodwill breaking out on DonsTalk

Merry Xmas lads :thumbsup:

Reading those rules they basically say Cosgrove isn't allowed to challenge for the ball at all. He cant slow down as he has to get there before Ajer kicks the ball away. His leg which catches Ajer is tucked in so there is minimal contact, what more can he do.

Anyway the Appeal was always going to fail because we are not one of the old firm.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Not sure why the Dons are trying to play the victim with this. You just cannot tackle like that in the modern game. Ajer was only a few yards from the corner flag so total madness from big Sam. Now we miss our biggest threat for a few games. Stupid tackle.