Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - huns - Wed

Mckenna is no where near as good as he was pre injury. I hope he improves, but he's been considerably lacklustre for the past year or so. Odd game he's done what I'd expect, second half he did but first he was embarrassingly bad. No one I know who isn't a dons fan rates him in the slightest. Definitely need to be getting as much as we can for him imo.

For me, this is probably down to him not wanting to be here nowadays. He made it pretty clear in his recent interviews that he had his heart set on a move down south, after speaking to the McLeans, Shinnie's etc...

Regarding the people outwith the club not rating him, it's the same for me, no-one thinks he's even remotely decent, but they say that about Cosgrove as well, and even a few mutterings that Joe Lewis is mince, but their opinion is irrelevant, because they are unable to be objective. Like idiots being interviewed by the Media, on their way to a FoodBank, stating they'll still vote Tory because they like how Johnson speaks. Place is full of absolute fucking morons these days and I class those who don't rate McKenna, Cosgrove & Lewis in that bracket.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the 3 players we are likely to sell for big money, I'd say McKenna will be the easiest to replace. Sure he has made himself a Scotland first choice pick, but that is more down to the other options being worse than him rather than him being true international class. Don't forget before McInnes was forced into picking him, 6 months beforehand on loan at Ayr he struggled to make the team on a regular basis.

Even so, although I'm resigned to him leaving in January, I hope we don't just let him walk for relative peanuts. In the Championship, I think he will prove to be a run of the mill defender, but even run of the mill defenders go for upwards of £4million down there so that is what we should be pocketing for him ana.

Out of the 3 players we are likely to sell for big money...

This is another bugbear of mine although I fully understand the situation. I have no problem with Ryan Jack going for treble+ his wages and I don't think we should stand in the way of any of our players moving for bigger and better money. It's a short career after all and let's face it, if they have any ambition whatsoever, it's pretty obvious that AFC are going to win fuck all.

I just wish the club had enough ambition to want to keep our best assets so that the contracts they're on are such that if an offer does come in, it needs to be a big one to a) tempt the player and b) compensate us properly.

The bottom line is that I would have preferred a chairman who wanted to win stuff AND at least try and compete for the SPFL. The whole culture under him has never been about "the product", despite his lies in 1996.

He was absolutely shocking in the first though.

Logan, Gallagher, even Wilson, you half expect them to be poor. McKenna is a who you hope to rely on and yet he chucks it all too easily. He's also a guy who - lets be honest here - we're relying on to net us a big transfer fee either in January or summer.

He may well land us a big fee, but would it be any bigger than a fee for Ferguson or Cosgrove ?  I agree he has been off the boil for a while including 1st half on Wednesday.

Mckenna is no where near as good as he was pre injury. I hope he improves, but he's been considerably lacklustre for the past year or so. Odd game he's done what I'd expect, second half he did but first he was embarrassingly bad. No one I know who isn't a dons fan rates him in the slightest. Definitely need to be getting as much as we can for him imo.

May well struggle to get £2m now imho! :dunno:

Just read the last two pages. Don’t know why some of you fuckers bother with it at all.

Well deserved, hard fought point against (as Derek McInnes rightly said) a VERY good hun team. Fans who bothered to go along responded brilliantly once the lads got back into the game and showed their character. Bonus point.

Roll on Saturday lunchtime so the negative rhetoric and DMC bashing can start all over again once he names his team.  ::)

Very good Hun team my fucking arse min. They have a couple of decent players aye but nothing to be shitting ourselves at in the manner in which we have in the first half of this game and every half of the last several games we've played against them (and other, arguably better teams too). Did you enjoy the 5-0 at Ibrox? Or the 4-0 training session we gave Celtic? I don't know why I fucking bothered.  ::) A draw the other night was a good result in hindsight but the arse licking session that you MIGers gave him in the aftermath was unwarranted as was painfully evident at Easter Road this weekend past.