Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Friendly against Man U - 12th July

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought JC would have timed our trip to Ireland around the 12th July!!!

A friendly against Linfield?  :o

That would be the worst idea in history, a couple of thousands dons running a round a bigoted rangers homeland on the 12th!  :P

Ah well, spose it makes up for not managing to get a T in the Park ticket.

Then again I still remember the Aberdeen - Liverpool game.

I'd rather see RATM again to be honest (saw them at big day out, were awesome) but it'll be nice seeing Aberdeen play a decent team.

As opposed to the host of shite that we've had to endure this season?

Did I just bite?

Selection of Teams in the SPL:

Gretna

St Mirren

ICT

To be honest the SPL is full of shitey teams. Don't get me wrong, I would gladly watch Aberdeen play any of these, but their not on the same par as a team like Manchester United in the end. To be honest I think i'd prefer to watch Aberdeen against St Mirren in a league game than a friendly against Man U (as the league games actualy matter) but it will be a nice change to see them against a decent side that I don't hate (though in saying that I don't particularly like them either).

Those games have been good, and it's great seeing Aberdeen play good teams, but despite that they haven't played exclusively good teams, and if their is a game against one of the best teams in the world then I'm quite happy to go along to it and enjoy more top quality football.

Also, as I'm pretty skint and couldn't aford to go to any of the away games I feel like i've kinda missed out on seeing some of the teams Aberdeen have played. I just think that it'l be nice seeing Aberdeen play a team like Manchester United, as generally as an Aberdeen fan I don't get to see that.

Yea playing Man Utd reserves will rock  ::)

I reckon their will be a couple of decent players playing, just like their was against Liverpool.

And the Man U reserves will still be much better quality than the Gretna first team.

Shrek and co will all be playing.  Not sure about Ronaldo though.

But will they though? I'm sure last pre-season they played something daft like 3 games in different places (Dunfermline, Dublin and somewhere else i think) in one night with about 2 or 3 "known" players in each team and then an assortment of reserves/youth teamers. We might get a surprise though.

• 2 months later...

This was in the P&J:

Aberdeen supporters buying season tickets for next season can also purchase briefs for the Manchester United match on July 12 (one Manchester United ticket will be available per season ticket). Tickets will go on general sale on June 30, available from the Pittodrie ticket office or by calling 01224 631903. Tickets for the Main Stand, RDS and South Stands will cost £20 for adults, £10 concessions and £12 for under-8s and £15, £8 and £5 respectively for the Merkland Stand.

A friendly against Glentoran has been rumoured!

Reckon a trip to Belfast would be a good... better than overpriced Dublin.

I saw in the Edinburgh papers that Hearts are playing Glentoran so that rules us out playing there too?

What does irritate me is how a team with such documented financial constraints during the transfer window always manages to transport a full squad of players and support staff for a few weeks at some sunny destination for pre-season training?

What is the problem with letting other sides come to us for a change at pre-season and saving a bit of cash?

A friendly against Glentoran has been rumoured!

Reckon a trip to Belfast would be a good... better than overpriced Dublin.

That would be quality! I watched Linfield vs Glentoran in April and it was 0-0 but a good old kickfest. It got a bit Madrid like after the game as well, bottle shower!

Also, the Glentoran keeper would do well for us.