Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Stenhousemuir - Scottish Cup 19/01

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly did not anticipate that. A team bottom of their league, which is 2 leagues below us, and conceded 16 goals in their last 5 games, has to go down as an absolutely ridiculous & unacceptable result. Fairytale stuff for Stenhousemuir though and I am sure they will enjoy the replay ( Which I thoroughly :confused: expect us to coast through  )

Certainly did not anticipate that. A team bottom of their league, which is 2 leagues below us, and conceded 16 goals in their last 5 games, has to go down as an absolutely ridiculous & unacceptable result. Fairytale stuff for Stenhousemuir though and I am sure they will enjoy the replay ( Which I thoroughly :confused: expect us to coast through  )

Personally given what I have seen since I started following the Dons I am not surprised by this result but I hope it brings those players back to earth with a serious bang.

Considering going to the replay since it will be on my way home from work.....unless of course it is all ticket and my lack of points rules me out (or the club don't want 'the Jonah' to attend)

Think it was crackers to start with Stewart hadn't trained with us in 8 months plus May/Cosgrove were going well.....if it ain't broke fgs don't fix it. Still totally unacceptable and utterly embarrassing.

Only upside is that I can make the replay......they better get their fingers out for that one. Still haven't beaten Stenny ever in our history  :hammer:

A replay on their awful plastic carpet is not going to be a given. Stenhousemuir have been awful this season and to fail to put them away at home is embarrassing. As TC says seems a really odd decision to change a winning team. Got to wonder about what benefit the Jolly to Dubai and the winter break actually bring.

That was poor. They defended their asses off but ffs we should be destroying sides like this! Very poor defending for their goal. And there was a moment just after that they broke down the same wing, Logan, instead of running to close down, ran to the box leaving Connor who was further away (I think) to attempt to block the cross! Cosgrove had a mare, his attempts at trapping a pass are embarrassing!

We should take care of them down there but it's 90 more minutes we could do without!

Jeez, I certaianly didn't expect that result. It wasn't a great first half, but we took our goal well and huffed and puffed our way to half time and they didn't cause us any real problems, but they defended in numbers and did it well and I fair expected us to come out and batter them in the second half, but our players obviously didn't read the script.

We were woeful second half, Stewart had a shot blocked after good work by McGinn to open them up, then Stewart smashed a good one off the crossbar and I was thinking we were about to step up a gear, but it just didn't happen at all and they then had the audacity to go up the other end and score a goal which was something out of Roy of the Rovers. I thought McLennan should have done better when the ball came out to him, but their player ended up with the ball and sent in a cross which their striker scored with a great diving header, a real sickener.

Nae the best of performances and I thought both GMS and McGinn were shite and Cosgrove didn't look like the player who was on fire during December, but I did think it strange Stewart was straight in the line up at the expense of May who was starting to find a bit of form alongside Cosgrove.

Despite Stenny giving it everything they had and making it hard for us to carve open an opening, we really shouldn't have struggled as much as we did, I half expected them to sneak a winner by the end.

The only positive is that we are still in the cup, but very little to take from the game overall, but really shouldn't be having to play an exptrea game in 10 days time.

Jeez, I certaianly didn't expect that result. It wasn't a great first half, but we took our goal well and huffed and puffed our way to half time and they didn't cause us any real problems, but they defended in numbers and did it well and I fair expected us to come out and batter them in the second half, but our players obviously didn't read the script.

We were woeful second half, Stewart had a shot blocked after good work by McGinn to open them up, then Stewart smashed a good one off the crossbar and I was thinking we were about to step up a gear, but it just didn't happen at all and they then had the audacity to go up the other end and score a goal which was something out of Roy of the Rovers. I thought McLennan should have done better when the ball came out to him, but their player ended up with the ball and sent in a cross which their striker scored with a great diving header, a real sickener.

Nae the best of performances and I thought both GMS and McGinn were shite and Cosgrove didn't look like the player who was on fire during December, but I did think it strange Stewart was straight in the line up at the expense of May who was starting to find a bit of form alongside Cosgrove.

Despite Stenny giving it everything they had and making it hard for us to carve open an opening, we really shouldn't have struggled as much as we did, I half expected them to sneak a winner by the end.

The only positive is that we are still in the cup, but very little to take from the game overall, but really shouldn't be having to play an exptrea game in 10 days time.

Can't argue with any of that  :thumbsup:

Honestly thought results like this were a thing of the past, totally unacceptable performance. All this Dubai shite maybe needs to be re-addressed, there’s a big difference between rest and recuperation, and what’s effectively a lads holiday in the sun. I know the club has a more professional approach these days but half our squad are billy big baws tinder addicts, who spend more time updating their Instagram than they do on the training ground.

Get back to fucking work lads, the next month is massive for the club.

Some excellent predictions here lads (dont give up your day jobs), the longer this game went on still 1 0, there was always the chance.

Still remember the game at Ochilview, horrible day & pitch was like a ploughed field :frown: Seem to remember struggling to even get a pint, pre match, which made the whole day worse.

Would i be right in saying Stenny have an artificial surface now ?

Some excellent predictions here lads (dont give up your day jobs), the longer this game went on still 1 0, there was always the chance.

Still remember the game at Ochilview, horrible day & pitch was like a ploughed field :frown: Seem to remember struggling to even get a pint, pre match, which made the whole day worse.

Would i be right in saying Stenny have an artificial surface now ?

They do. One of worst I have seen and will probably be as much of a leveller as the heavy pitch was last time around.

Capacity just over 3700, anyone know how many tickets we’re likely to get?

AFC saying that they are still to hear from Stenhousemuir on arrangements for the replay.

Edit supporters club got ticket order form through tonight. Adult tickets are £15 for terrace. No mention of any stand tickets or how many we are getting.

This probably won't go down well and I know this replay is not good for our league campaign, however, I missed the game in 1995 (Not a bad thing in hindsight) and I was gutted as I love going to 'new' grounds, especially old terraced stadiums. I am always disappointed when we get a draw at home or away to hearts, Dundee, falkirk, Livingston, St. Mirre n etc. I'm looking forward to next week and I was oddly (bitter/sweet) happy that Saturday was a draw! I love the atmosphere of an away tie especially in the terracing shed. I miss those days. I think we will win and win comfortably. Stenhousemuir, by all accounts, deserved a replay but I feel we will be too strong for them second time round. COYR

This probably won't go down well and I know this replay is not good for our league campaign, however, I missed the game in 1995 (Not a bad thing in hindsight) and I was gutted as I love going to 'new' grounds, especially old terraced stadiums. I am always disappointed when we get a draw at home or away to hearts, Dundee, falkirk, Livingston, St. Mirre n etc. I'm looking forward to next week and I was oddly (bitter/sweet) happy that Saturday was a draw! I love the atmosphere of an away tie especially in the terracing shed. I miss those days. I think we will win and win comfortably. Stenhousemuir, by all accounts, deserved a replay but I feel we will be too strong for them second time round. COYR

Agreed love a visit to these small old grounds.Dont do many aways these days,but gonna try and nip off early and get down to this one.  COYR