Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen vs Livingston

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started the game well, intent was there and got our reward, lovely assist for Cosgrove, finished well by McGinn, would really rather we skipped the rest of the half after that.  :-\

The introduction of McLennan was the difference, so much so, they had to make a change 10 minutes into the 2nd half to try and nullify him.

Thought Cosgrove & May actually worked well together, really pleased for Cosgrove, he takes a lot of unwarranted stick, stick brought on by our style of play, not his fault, but an assist, a goal and generally a good performance from him. May again, played well, done plenty correct, but how many chances does he need? Two 1 on 1's and hit both straight to the Keeper, they weren't " Good saves " they were poor finishes. But his overall game was good, so perhaps we'll see more of them up front? They certainly caused a very organised and much applauded defence this season, problems.

Also, well done to young Ferguson, another big goal, albeit he was largely anonymous throughout the 90 minutes, but he was in the right place at the right time and took that goal brilliantly, he'll develop into a very good player, he just needs to involve himself more, is that down to us largely bypassing the midfield? Could be.

Still some negatives tonight, the goals we conceded were shockingly poor, the sooner Devlin is back, the better. Considine was excellent in the Cup Final and then again at Ibrox, but he's been rather piss these last 2 games.

Overall, a much needed 3 points, a very good and intense 2nd half, we were relentless and got our just rewards, and much like Rangers in the opening game of the season, that's what happens when you time waste at every opportunity, you concede a late goal  ;D Get it right up you, Livingston.

Night and day between the performances in either half. Could and really should have been 5, no idea how Consi contrived to miss the header and May should've scored not long after.

McGinn, Cosgrove, May all very good but McLennan deservedly m.o.m

Consi poor and Lewis looked shaky. All very quiet on Devlin situation need him back asap but have a horrible feeling he might be out for a while

Need 3 points Saturday to continue the recovery from St J

Just as the ball is challenged for in our half, before breaking forward in the attack that ended up in the corner which caused the corner, which Ferguson got the winner from. I was sitting here bemoaning the draw...

Cant wait to see McLennan on one side and GMS on the other (& a decent CAM). Just hope we get to keep Lowe after January, too.

Cosgrove did well, as did May, and one of McGinn’s better (recent) games.

Ref shite as usual should have had pen for foul on Ferguson or at least subsequent hand ball, also thought FK for foul in first half on RHS looked like it was in the box, and was foul outside area on Cosgrove for his “dive”. As was assistant. Like to see a replay but thought first ball through for their second was offside. Just after Cosgrove yellow, ball up other end and he puts flag up despite being 10 yards back, so really had no idea. OK our benefit but still shite.

Cosgrove and May,take a lot of stick,but were very good tonight.Need a longer run together.McGinn good too,just have to accept enigmatic type players like him and GMS for the magic they can pull out the bag.

MacLennan was excellent,but not sure how much that was down to their L/B being mince.Wont do his confidence any harm though.

An unlikely but welcome win.Haste ye back Devlin and COYR

ps GIRUY the wee Livvy sub at the Merkland end in the first half.Hun..probably

Cosgrove "dive" was definitely a foul. Just outside the box but their defender was last man, clear goal scoring opportunity so would have been red but Thompson bottled it and took the easy option. Twice in a week Cosgrove has been unfairly punished for fouls committed against him with no recourse for appeal

Cosgrove "dive" was definitely a foul. Just outside the box but their defender was last man, clear goal scoring opportunity so would have been red but Thompson bottled it and too the easy option. Twice in a week Cosgrove hs been unfairly punished for fouls committed against him with no recourse for appeal

I have to admit - and I haven't seen it back - it looked to me like Cosgrove moved his leg towards their player rather than the other way round. I was pretty close to it in the RDS, but Thompson is still the worst ref in the league - a total arrogant cunt.

We were ace in the second half tonight though, really enjoyable. From the kick off they just pressed the shite out of Livi, with some excellent play by McLennan, Cosgrove and May. Great to see May creating opportunities for himself with huge effort. He's not had many good chances (in front of goal) so getting himself in those positions is the first step. Thought Ferguson was poor until he scored, but he worked hard, as did Shinnie. Considine poor for the first goal, McKenna for the second, but the effort from the whole team (apart from Wright who was shite) made up for it in spades. 

Finally, special mention to McInnes for getting it right tonight. That formation has to be what we play every time we play at home. There's no room for Ball at Pittodrie unless its as cover for Shinnie or Ferguson. We need to set up to win games at home. Even in the first half we created more opporunities than against St Johnstone, and that setup is absolutely vital to that. He also must have fairly battered them at half time, as we were relentless in the second half. More of the same in the next two games dandies.

Cosgrove and May,take a lot of stick,but were very good tonight.Need a longer run together.McGinn good too,just have to accept enigmatic type players like him and GMS for the magic they can pull out the bag.

MacLennan was excellent,but not sure how much that was down to their L/B being mince.Wont do his confidence any harm though.

An unlikely but welcome win.Haste ye back Devlin and COYR

ps GIRUY the wee Livvy sub at the Merkland end in the first half.Hun..probably

Spill the beans Hendo min, fit happened?

I have to admit - and I haven't seen it back - it looked to me like Cosgrove moved his leg towards their player rather than the other way round. I was pretty close to it in the RDS, but Thompson is still the worst ref in the league - a total arrogant cunt.

We were ace in the second half tonight though, really enjoyable. From the kick off they just pressed the shite out of Livi, with some excellent play by McLennan, Cosgrove and May. Great to see May creating opportunities for himself with huge effort. He's not had many good chances (in front of goal) so getting himself in those positions is the first step. Thought Ferguson was poor until he scored, but he worked hard, as did Shinnie. Considine poor for the first goal, McKenna for the second, but the effort from the whole team (apart from Wright who was shite) made up for it in spades. 

Finally, special mention to McInnes for getting it right tonight. That formation has to be what we play every time we play at home. There's no room for Ball at Pittodrie unless its as cover for Shinnie or Ferguson. We need to set up to win games at home. Even in the first half we created more opporunities than against St Johnstone, and that setup is absolutely vital to that. He also must have fairly battered them at half time, as we were relentless in the second half. More of the same in the next two games dandies.

Aye, I forgot to mention him in my take of the game, he was very poor. I still want him to succeed, obviously, anyone that puts a Dons Top on, I want them to succeed ( Even May before anyone pipes in! ) but I am beginning to have my doubts sadly, I just think he's not a winger, simple as that, he may come good in the 10 role? But out wide, he's behind McLennan in the pecking order now.

Good start with Shinnie's goal & then decided to play silly beggars up till half time.

2nd half was as good as anything we have produced this season, what a difference young Connor made with his direct running & him & Logan did well down that side.  Really could & should have been 5 or 6 2, missing some glorious chances.

Special word for Scott Mckenna who never gave the big Livvy striker a sniff (most defences have struggled against him this season ), what a power of work Stevie May put in.

What a bounce when the overhead kick went in, he doesn't do tap ins does he ?  :laughing:

Needed that 3 points :thumbsup:

Have a Simmie for your synopsis  :thumbsup:

Can't actually believe that I'm watching this shite  ::)

By christ that went to the wire didn't it.

Glad I perservered with watching online.

Second half performance was more like it.

Bit of dubiety about the corner the goal came from but that only served to highlight two things.

Thomson is incompetent (some ludicrous decisions over the course of the game) and also that for once a team hell bent on time wasting got their just desserts. Onwards to Paisley on Saturday and has made up my mind to attend.

Same team that played the second half from the off on Saturday please.

I'd be tempted to throw Ball in at centre half beside McKenna as Consi has been a liability past 2 games, he played CH for sevco a few times when he was there.

Otherwise yes go with the second half line up to start even if GMS is deemed fit......he can come on around the 70th minute to ease him back in  gently (or half time if things going really badly).

I'd be tempted to throw Ball in at centre half beside McKenna as Consi has been a liability past 2 games, he played CH for sevco a few times when he was there.

Otherwise yes go with the second half line up to start even if GMS is deemed fit......he can come on around the 70th minute to ease him back in  gently (or half time if things going really badly).

Sounds like a plan with GMS  :thumbsup:

Ball was absolutely rank when he played there earlier in the season and definitely isn't a better centre half than Considine. Considine was poor against St Johnstone, but so was McKenna and both were at fault for the goals last night (Considine more so obviously). Prior to that he was excellent against the Huns and Tims. Other than his fuck up for the goal (and miss) last night he was okay (in very windy conditions) and certainly not an area I'd be concerned about against St Mirren. Even his fuck up last night was just a poor touch rather than being way out of position or letting his man go. That type of error is more fundamental and can happen to anyone (I actually think Lewis could have taken man and ball). I actually thought that the second goal was far poorer as a defence than the first, with McKenna particularly culpable (although I'm certain their player was offside in the build up, we still had plenty of cover). Ball is very much a midfielder, regardless of where he played for Sevco in the diddy league.