Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Rangers: Official Match Thread

At least I can say I was excited listening to us. It sounded like an end to end game but obviously the end result was never in any doubt. We played well, paid the price for not taking our chances (where've we said that before). As Funster said, we are a first half team and its something that needs to be sorted out! And fast. We actually have 4 cup finals in a row (after most probably losing to celtic in the cup). We need to take the positives out of this game, even sounds like JDV played well and stick with the same team. Only worry was that Lovell and someone else took knockes today and are doubts for next week. According to Jimmy anyway.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totlaly unbelievable. I knew clark was bad yesterday, but jesus.  This is what happens when the SFA make match officials untochable through harsh penalties when comlained about. What happened to ref's making thier excuses on TV when asked.?

By the way, does anybody know what squad number clark was given?

cunt.

Player rating fae the daily hun

Aberdeen

Derek Soutar: Fine penalty save and did well despite being beaten three times. 7

Alan Maybury: Pretty solid but gave away the spot-kick. 6

Zander Diamond:Amajor threat in both boxes and threw himself into every tackle. 7

Andrew Considine: Did really well in air and on deck. Hardly gave Boyd a sniff. 7

Richard Foster: Shackled Burke in first half but under more pressure after break. 6

Barry Nicholson: Neat, tidy and energetic in the engine room. 6

Scott Severin: Sat in and anchored the midfield very effectively without being too eye-catching. 6

Jeffrey de Visscher: Should have scored but impressed with his pace and passing. 7

Chris Maguire: Surprise start but subbed without making an impact. 5

Steve Lovell: Scored one but should have had a hat-trick. Caused problems in the first half. 7

Lee Miller: Physical presence shook the Rangers back four. 7

Sub: Sone Aluko - replaced Maguire but did no better, 4.

You can't quote a quote just by pressing the quote button, if that makes sense. You can only quote the post.

Yeah I know that but this is what happened when I cut and pasted the quote:

Jeffrey de Visscher[/b]: Should have scored but impressed with his pace and passing. 7]Jeffrey de Visscher: Should have scored but impressed with his pace and passing. 7

Richard Foster: Shackled Burke in first half but under more pressure after break. 6

I beg to differ.

Absolutely everything came down our left hand side in the first half and Maguire and Foster seriously struggled to cope with Burke and BROADFOOT!  The amount of corners that resulted from this in the first half meant it was only a matter of time before Rangers made one of them count.  Incidentally, it looked to me like Adam had seriously scuffed the corner that Dailly scored from as an enormous divot flew up when he took it.  But there you go...

JdV and Lovell were both quite impressive.  JdV showed more guile than pace and seemed to be very good at finding space.  Lovell hassled all day long and if we were to see this from him every week then the doubters would get off his back.  I don't see what he did wrong when McGregor hit his clearance against him towards the end.  Lovell should be entitled to stand his ground.  More fool McGregor, and keepers in general I'd say.