Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Hibernian

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result and I'd say a pretty decent performance all things considered. Wouldn't particularly criticise any Dons tonight. May put in a shift even if he still doesn't look like he's entirely sure how to kick a ball, GMS looked pretty dangerous and I thought Ferguson in particular was excellent in the middle hour of the game. Defenders were pretty solid, did Lewis have a save to make?

Good starting lineup from McInnes and good use of the subs too, so pass marks all round tonight. Pity the international break is here but plenty positive signs to take into it.

Really enjoyed that performance, as you say weetoon, good starting xi selection and subs from dm. Can't fault anyone. Thought may looked good although just couldn't score the goal his play deserved. Hopefully they can keep this up through the international break, especially with half team play for some level of Scotland.

Here's a thought, when was the last time we had such a strong back 5?

Wright for mcginn would be a good sub right now.

I do get the sentiment but Logan has to give himself a shake on occasion. There were some very poor decisions from him tonight, as there has been for some time.

Thought Ferguson was superb in the second half in particular - tackling, passing, beating his man, up and down the park; a real midfielder. Nice to see.

Not sure when in the game you posted this, but McGinn helped us see out the game, I'm not sure Wright would have done that.

As an aside to that, McGinn's 200th appearance for us, 184 starts, 61 goals. 1 in 3 for a guy who has not played as a striker since his first season is superb.  Well done Niall.

Thought every Aberdeen player put in a fantastic shift tonight in difficult weather conditions.

Superb goal from GMS.

May run himself into the ground but should have scored.

Hibs had the better second half but great defending by us again.

Really big games coming up after the International break.

Absorbing game rather than eye catching,but a good deserved win.Thought Hibs were mostly poor,as much because of good aggresive defending snuffing out attacks early,plus Kamberi's woeful finishing

Like Andy C,but Lowe looks so much more natural in there.GMS,McGinn both good,May worked hard,pity he didnt just lob the ball goalwards first time for that chance.Wilson had a couple of nice touches,but didnt really get a sniff.

A strong starting line up,hoping we start getting a bit of a rythym going now.Decent crowd,good atmosphere.COYR

good result, never going to be much of a game in that wind.

I have been very critical of May but he worked his arse of tonight. Need to see that chance when he was through second half, could he have got a better touch on it?

Thought Lowe, Devlin, McKenna, Ferguson and GMS were good with Ferguson my MOTM.

very good 3 points

Decent enough game, glad to have come away with the points, a couple of good goaline clearances from Logan helped and as said previously Hibs were quite shit in the final 3rd.

We're winning games but we just don't look good in the middle of the park, we battle, but lack quality and we have no real threats going forward bar GMS who can look great in flashes and utter shyte at other times, but he has always been like that.  McGinn just looks a shadow of his former self, looks like he has lost any pace he once had, he is OK from dead ball situations or if he has enough time and space, but stuggles to get past players now, not sure if he is carrying some sort of injury, but a shadow of his former self.

Our defence does look so much better with Lowe at left back, nothing against Considine, but when you see a natural LB in the position it is like comparing night and day.

I do enjoy a Friday night game and was great to see a good crowd given the weather wasn't the greatest.

I noticed at the end of the game the Hibs fans threw a flare into the SS, muppets.

Decent enough game, glad to have come away with the points, a couple of good goaline clearances from Logan helped and as said previously Hibs were quite shit in the final 3rd.

We're winning games but we just don't look good in the middle of the park, we battle, but lack quality and we have no real threats going forward bar GMS who can look great in flashes and utter shyte at other times, but he has always been like that.  McGinn just looks a shadow of his former self, looks like he has lost any pace he once had, he is OK from dead ball situations or if he has enough time and space, but stuggles to get past players now, not sure if he is carrying some sort of injury, but a shadow of his former self.

Our defence does look so much better with Lowe at left back, nothing against Considine, but when you see a natural LB in the position it is like comparing night and day.

I do enjoy a Friday night game and was great to see a good crowd given the weather wasn't the greatest.

I noticed at the end of the game the Hibs fans threw a flare into the SS, muppets.

saw it land on the pitch.

Thought it was a decent game given the conditions. Well taken goal by GMS and it was between him and May for top Don tonight. Another great defensive performance as well. Only Dons player who disappointed was Wilson. Not convinced he wants to be here. Think it would be best for all concerned if he returned to Man U in January.

Very tough conditions. Not a cold wind but severe in its blusterity.

Brilliant 3 points. All cos of the only piece of magic in the game.

Shinnie was shite again. Wilson is toilet.

May getting respect. Loving Max (despite not contributing much tonight).

Lewis, Devlin and Scotty the key to this unit.

Better to be lucky than good. We're going to win on 2nd December.

Almost farcical conditions last night, could have been a cracker, instead it was ok.

Big 3 points though & given the weather ,a decent crowd :o  Thought May was very unlucky to be subbed(probably my m.o.t.m) , dying for him to score when he was through & dinked over their keeper.

Thought Lowe handled Boyle really well, Devlin was simply immense & won everything in the air, Lewis so assured as ever, G.M.S did a lot of good running & McGinn was good early doors but faded (seems to have lost his pace).

They missed a couple of good chances 2nd half & we still seem to be lacking something, boy are we missing Kenny McLean spraying passes about :

Still a big 3 pts that lift us over them, onwards & upwards  :thumbsup:

Weather conditions meant it was never going to be a classic. Hibs had a gale at their backs first half, we had it second half for the first 15 minutes then the wind seemed to switch direction and Hivs had the benefit of it again till full time.

Brilliant goal from GMS, never thought in a million years he would shoot when he did and that alone deserved to win the match. Last 5 minutes were a bit hairy, hanging on for grim death but the defence did their jobs well.....Logan had a few dodgy moments and his distribution was woeful but also came up with a couple of vital last second blocks/challenges.

Devlin rightly m.o.m, McKenna, Lowe, GMS very good and May worked his socks off.

Shinnie absolutely atrocious yet again.

Had a quick peek at Fartz Kickback to see their gloating at the result. Theyve got a thread encouraging Levein to get GMS signed up on a pre-contract  in January. Hope to hell we get him tied up before then. Also had a look a Hivs.net............spoonburners in total meltdown. FAF :laughing:

Very tough conditions. Not a cold wind but severe in its blusterity.

Brilliant 3 points. All cos of the only piece of magic in the game.

Shinnie was shite again. Wilson is toilet.

May getting respect. Loving Max (despite not contributing much tonight).

Lewis, Devlin and Scotty the key to this unit.

Better to be lucky than good. We're going to win on 2nd December.

:o  Have a well earned Simmie for your last sentence!

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Logan deserves a mention last night.  Gave away a cheap penalty at the weekend but twice stopped certain Hibs goals last night so was probably the difference between a 1-0 victory and a 1-2 defeat.

Good to see the fans backing Stevie May hopefully that helps his confidence and he starts getting in the goals in the next few games.

GMS is our best player and biggest threat, we need to get him signed up pronto.

From what I saw Ferguson does a lot of the heavy lifting alongside Shinnie. We’re still an attacking mid short if we are to get the best of ‘midfielder’ Shinnie. Tries too much when he’s the main experienced guy and he’s too limited in quality to be the main man in there. Shinnie was solid in there when he had jack and McLean, or McLean and Christie, when he had less flair and creative work to do. He’s a worker and a destructive player, not unlike flood, nothing more, if he’s staying in midfield, and the poor performances in my eyes are when more is asked of him.