Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Toys out of the pram from the Evening Express

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More importantly, who can we e-mail at the club to voice our support of this "ban"?

Infact, that's another thing that fucks me off about this... It's not a ban at all. They players just don't want to speak to one person. He isn't "banned" from attending press conferences or asking anything. The players aren't in the huff; they're happily talking to other papers.

For the EE to use the term "banned", it makes the players seem like utter dickheads... But it's the complete opposite.

Like i say, no-one is banning him from doing anything. It's up to the players whether they want to respond.

And for fuck sake, the boys at the top of the club need to support the players in this.

Absolute shambles to have the management talking and not supporting the players. Makes you wonder...

I guess it comes down to the fact that if certain 'journalists' from our club don't voice concern about the "ban", then they won't get their wee pay packet from the EE at the end of the month.

Shite.... Just shite

Thought this 'ban' was over after one game?

To be honest, it seems the players just couldn't give a fuck about the EE.

It's just the way the EE are playing this which is so bad. "We'd love to report on the upcoming match, but the players aren't speaking to us".... So why don't they do what they normally do and make up their stories and use no quotes?

It's all getting so silly, too. I don't care if i can't read a story on Mackie and his new winning streak.

It was all getting a bit "Wrestlemania" anyway, with the Evening Express providing the podium in which the players used to voice their fighting talk.

Wish the players would just tell the EE to fuck off, with the backing of the club also.

Guest Caroline B

Looks like Fat Charlie is making a Charlie of himself here. The local rag won't run with this for much longer as it's starting to make the paper look more silly than it really is.

I haven't bought one since I stayed in Aberdeen the last time until today, when I opened the purse and wasted some of my silver on it I was dismayed to find so much drivel in it. I won't be wasting any more money on it. How the People of Aberdeen and surrounding area's by into this Tabloidesque rubbish is beyond me. I'll take it to line my grans budgie's birdcage later.....although I'm scared that the poor wee creature might die of shock at fat Charlies disguise!

It might have been said before, but I'll say it again anyway.

The reason the players are choosing not to speak to the Aberdeen Sun Evening Express, is because Charlie Allan ran a story about players being shipped out at the end of the season and chose to publicly name those for the chop, based on nothing more than a pure hunch - not journalism, just speculation, the laziest form of journalism.

If I read in my local rag that I was for the chop from my job I'd be mightily hacked off. If I then found that the story had no basis in fact I'd be livid. So I'm right with the players on this one

As far as todays article goes, well it's an absolute joke really and not worth commenting on to be honest. Charlie Allans behaviour is such an embarrassment that hed have been better off turning up at Pittodrie kitted out in a big wig, false red nose, a painted face, large comedy shoes and a flower in his lapel that squirts water.

Grow up Charlie!

I remember we ran an article on DT years back that was then pretty much stolen by the EE, I posted on the site poking fun at them for doing so and about half an hour later I had a fairly abusive e-mail in my inbox from Charlie Allan calling me some really unsavourable things. Having him linked to the club in any way is a complete and utter embarassment.

I remember we ran an article on DT years back that was then pretty much stolen by the EE, I posted on the site poking fun at them for doing so and about half an hour later I had a fairly abusive e-mail in my inbox from Charlie Allan calling me some really unsavourable things. Having him linked to the club in any way is a complete and utter embarassment.

Why'd ye no kick his arse?

So this is what passes for journalism in the EE, is it?

One of their 'reporters' giggling like a fucking girl... "Teehee, I disguised myself and got an 'interview".

What  sad, sad, fucking fucks that man and his 'newspaper' are.