Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Toys out of the pram from the Evening Express

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I believe Charlie Allan is as much a writer as I am a deep sea wood welder, part of me thinks that the guy is merely writing in the belief that he is the voice of the fans.

If you were to go onto the likes of the hat and read the posts of a few high number posters there then you would think JC is the worst thing ever to happen to the club.

Most clubs have their "own" paper

Celtic news

Hun times

Daily rangers

etc.

We must be the only Major club with an "Anti-paper" caled the Evening Depress.

AFC, you couldna make it up!

Does anyone remember the old AFC paper? Think it was called Pittodrie News or something, cant remember the name... got a heap of the still up the loft!

Is Fat Charlie not a fucking Tim? Love the way he pretends to be "one of us" in his column.

The boy should have been admitted to Cornhill a long time ago, anyone that writes one viewpoint one day and the completely opposite the next under the pseudonym "Stewart McKimmie" clearly has bipolar disorder issues.

As much as I believe Charlie Allan is as much a writer as I am a deep sea wood welder, part of me thinks that the guy is merely writing in the belief that he is the voice of the fans.

If you were to go onto the likes of the hat and read the posts of a few high number posters there then you would think JC is the worst thing ever to happen to the club.

Well its nae the majority of fans.

The EE/Allan seem to be missing the point completely and if Willie Miller is telling the players to speak to the paper then he obviously is too.

The club needs fans to start turning up again, especially the stay-away fans.  But the paper just seems to print negative shite about it all the time and is always having a pop at the fans who do turn up.

I'm in the position that I don't have access to the EE but I do catch the odd headline or click on a link from time to time.  But off the top of my head I can recall storys like "shop the flare thrower", "disgrace fans" and other such sensational bollocks that does more harm than good.

How's that going to entice fans back when all they read is someone having a pop?

But Charlie Allan NEVER slates JC hence why JC is still gving him interviews.  Players spat the dummy at stories that were slating the players, which is hardly surprising since we haven't won since January 2nd (Hamilton) and shipped 26 in 8 games since then.

But Charlie Allan NEVER slates JC hence why JC is still gving him interviews.  Players spat the dummy at stories that were slating the players, which is hardly surprising since we haven't won since January 2nd (Hamilton) and shipped 26 in 8 games since then.

Wrong.

The story wasn't slating players, it was making up names of players who were being shown the door in the summer.

Would you not be pissed off if you turned up at work and there was an email flying around that you were getting the dunt when in fact your boss had never discussed your position with the person who sent out the email?

Wrong.

The story wasn't slating players, it was making up names of players who were being shown the door in the summer.

Would you not be pissed off if you turned up at work and there was an email flying around that you were getting the dunt when in fact your boss had never discussed your position with the person who sent out the email?

Not in my paper.

Nor online where just part of the story from Friday appears....

http://www.thisisaberdeen.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=148766&command=displayContent&sourceNode=148590&contentPK=20022358&folderPk=85404&pNodeId=148360

The players haveaccused the Evening Express of being "generally negative" about the Dons.

Macdermid added the "negativity" included critical comments from columnists and fans.

I'm in the position that I don't have access to the EE but I do catch the odd headline or click on a link from time to time.  But off the top of my head I can recall storys like "shop the flare thrower", "disgrace fans" and other such sensational bollocks that does more harm than good.

I won't forgive Charlie Allan for that shite. I mean it.

He tried to make whoever was responsible a hate figure. I'm just so glad fans saw through the shite, and it was funny one minute seeing the paper plastering their pages with condemnation, and the next day not mentioning a thing about it because of the backlash.

EE get to fuck

I might have believed you if you'd not used the link where the EE was having a wee greet about the situation.  :thumbsup:

See, even the EE admits it here:

He said the players were particularly upset by last Monday's back page story, confirming manager Jimmy Calderwood plans to move out at least 10 players in the summer.

Calderwood did not name any of the players, so we printed a list of those believed to be most under threat.

Aye, they basically admitted that they made the list of the players up.

The "list" as printed in the paper:

Dutch trio Karim Touzani, Dave Bus and Jeffrey de Visscher are likely to be under threat.

Steve Lovell will lead the mass exodus in the close season along with Dan Smith while Stuart Duff, Lee Mair and the experienced Jackie McNamara could also go.

Calderwood would love to keep loan stars Josh Walker and Sone Aluko but the teen pair will return to England this summer.

Not too much to get upset about there is there?

Touzani and Bus not going to feature much with Bus only on contract til summer anyway.

Lovell we all know is going and Jimmy has bascially said he aint getting a new contract offer.

Trying to offload Dan Smith in last 3 transfer windows.

Mair and Macnamara maybe but both not really good enough to take us forward on what we have seen, with the latter likely to go into coaching.

Walker and Aluko JC has said will both be going in summer anyway.

Edit: Should really say that not talking to EE can only be a good thing and should be extended to JC aswell but this way is petty.

The "list" as printed in the paper:

Not too much to get upset about there is there?

Touzani and Bus not going to feature much with Bus only on contract til summer anyway.

Lovell we all know is going and Jimmy has bascially said he aint getting a new contract offer.

Trying to offload Dan Smith in last 3 transfer windows.

Mair and Macnamara maybe but both not really good enough to take us forward on what we have seen, with the latter likely to go into coaching.

Walker and Aluko JC has said will both be going in summer anyway.

Edit: Should really say that not talking to EE can only be a good thing and should be extended to JC aswell but this way is petty.

From your list: Discounting the ones who are returning to their clubs/definately offski, I would keep JDV and Touzani.