Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Toys out of the pram from the Evening Express

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Caroline B

If the players don't want to talk to this Non Journalist, then that is their perogative.

It seems to me that it's not just the players who have "Gone in a huff" The fatman appears to be the one with an agenda here. It looks like his toys are now strewn miles away from the pram!

"dons in the huff day 5"

Which is fairly petty in my opinion.  The players aren't speaking to you Charlie, how about doing your job and trying some journalism for a change instead of expecting to get all your stories from phone calls to your mates at Pittodrie.

I agree with K9 regarding a complete ban of anyone from AFC speaking to the rag, but its a bit difficult when WM and JC are employed by Aberdeen Journals.

Which is fairly petty in my opinion.  The players aren't speaking to you Charlie, how about doing your job and trying some journalism for a change instead of expecting to get all your stories from phone calls to your mates at Pittodrie.

I agree with K9 regarding a complete ban of anyone from AFC speaking to the rag, but its a bit difficult when WM and JC are employed by Aberdeen Journals.

it is funny that last week Lovell was his viallain of the week and this week he has him in the "its been a good week for" bit.

seve incidentally is in his villain of the week bit for not talking to him.

It could be for the players though, perhaps some of them want to stay.

Yup - 4 possibly want to stay.  Touzani clearly out of favour so must be candidate for punting.  Mair and Macnamara will no doubt want to stay but both looking like a waste of a good wage.  JDV is the other who has not done that much as yet .

If those 10 mentioned in the EE are not the ones (double figures) who JC wants to clear out then wonder who is.

At the moment we look like we are losing:

Nicholson

Miller

Aluko

Walker

(All out of contract and JC says wants to keep 4 of those 5.)

Lovell

Duff

Bus

Soutar

Maybury

(All out of contract and none offered new deal as yet so may be part of the 10 bar Maybury who just came in a few days before JC said he wanted to move players out)

Leaves first team squad of:

Jamie Langfield (Wanted as given new contract)

Ritchie Byrne (Was reported to have been offered new contract before injured yet again??)

Jackie McNamara (Possible)

Zander Diamond (Wanted as signed new contract)

Scott Severin (Wanted as bummed up regularly and is JC's captain)

Jamie Smith (Can't imagine he wants to let him go as talks him up)

Darren Mackie (As above)

Richard Foster (Wanted as recently signed new contract)

Lee Mair (Possible)

Derek Young (Doubt on list as played well and is "great to have about the place" & "we have missed him")

Andrew Considine (Possible as gets blame thrown on him regularly)

Chris Maguire (Possible again but JC seems to really like him when everyone else thinks he is rank)

Jeffrey De Visscher (Possible)

Jonathan Smith (Possible)

Scott Severin (Wanted as bummed up regularly and is JC's captain)

That for me more than anything is my main problem with the club at the moment. Watching Seve and it comes across that he couldnt give a rats arse what happens.

Maybe someone with an encyclopaedic knowledge of our results this season can help but how did we do when he was dropped earlier in the season ?

That for me more than anything is my main problem with the club at the moment. Watching Seve and it comes across that he couldnt give a rats arse what happens.

Maybe someone with an encyclopaedic knowledge of our results this season can help but how did we do when he was dropped earlier in the season ?

Couldn't agree more. 

Having said that thinking more and more that it may have a lot to do with his dodgy knee and just isn't fit since he hardly ever trains nowadays.

Maybe my Seve bashing for being lazy and uninterested has something behind it or maybe just wishful thinking and he is a lazy slug!!

Couldn't agree more. 

Having said that thinking more and more that it may have a lot to do with his dodgy knee and just isn't fit since he hardly ever trains nowadays.

Maybe my Seve bashing for being lazy and uninterested has something behind it or maybe just wishful thinking and he is a lazy slug!!

Aye, declares himself fit on the Friday usually.

Mind you, if you know the manager is going to pick you no matter what then if your of that mindset then there is no need to bust a gut.

Anyone remember how we got on without him earlier in the season ?

Actually just checked:

We beat Hibs and Killie with him on the bench, he came into the 1st team we were humped 3-0 by Motherwell

K9 - you could say that Touzani was out of favour last time but then he was handed a 2 year deal.   :-\

More and more of our signings/sales seem to be more based on money matters rather than football ones.  For that reason alone, I wouldn't be surprised by who stays rather than who goes.

Would think Touzani stil on fair wage to entice him to up sticks from Holland and move to Scotland.  Would take a fair package in order to do that i would think. 

Reckon most of our signings lack imagination and it is laziness from management that means likes of out of favour Touzani re-sign on.

Jesus christ that article is bad. What the fuck is their chief sports writer doing?!

It just goes to show that without the club, the paper is fucked. Charlie Allan is effectively proving that he has fuck all else to do or write about nowadays.

Embarrassment

was going to buy the EE until i had a quick look at the back 3 pages!!!! Cringeworthy to say the least!!!!

Crazy eh!! Nice to meet you on Friday night by the way  :thumbsup:

If anyone is in any doubt as to the awfulness of todays back-page, have a gander at this

aberdeen_bp.gif

Aberdeen Journals should be ashamed of this article.

DONS PLAYER BAN BUSTED!

12:00 - 04 March 2008

With the Scottish Cup clash with Celtic looming large on the horizon it was time to beat the Dons players' ban on the Evening Express.

And when I was told Dutch defender Dave Bus would be outside Pittodrie to announce he is being sponsored First Aberdeen, I decided to grab my chance.

Well, let's face it I had already managed to beat a ban imposed on me getting into Dundee United's Tannadice Stadium by wearing a mask of my own face printed by the Evening Express.

I was sure it would take something far more cunning to get past big Dave and Dons media bloke Malcolm Panton, who kept looking at me in a strange way as I stood waiting with the rest of the media pack.

Dave, perhaps in tribute to the bus company he is being backed by, was a couple of minutes late for the photo call.

When my moment to speak to the big fella finally arrived I feared my master disguise wasn't going to be get past the eagle eyed Dutchman.

"Are you warm enough under there?" Dave asked, giving me a curious 'I think I should know you' sort of look.

"My hair is orange because I love the Dutch," I replied, meekly, aware that the strong wind was threatening to blow my cover as well.

"Any chance of an interview?" I added.

"No problem," said Dave - I was in! Even stranger, Dave didn't bat an eyelid.

I can only assume being interviewed by a guy wearing an orange wig, Elvis sunglasses, false nose and moustache is a common occurrence in Holland.

"You must be pleased a local company has decided to back you, even though they are having a bit of fun with your name?" I said.

The question was met with a bemused stare. Dave then said: " Can you repeat that please. My English isn't so good and that (pointing to my moustache, which was by now starting to droop) is making it difficult to hear you."

I delivered the question again, to which Dave replied: "It's great and I don't mind. I'm proud of my name and pleased if it can help the company."

Celtic scored five goals on their last visit to Pittodrie, so I asked if it might be best for the Dons to actually park a bus in front of their goal on Sunday to keep them out. Dave was not amused.

"We lost badly to Celtic, but the scoreline flattered them," he said.

"We had chances to score as well and believe the game was a lot closer than it looked.

"Now we have to win to keep the excitement going for our fans, so we certainly won't be trying to defend all the time."

Dave claimed the Dons have taken a lot of encouragement out of their last two performances, a 1-1 draw with Motherwell and 3-1 defeat by Rangers at Ibrox a match they took the lead in through Steve Lovell.

"We played well in both games and deserved more.

"The cup competitions aren't as important in Holland as they are in Scotland but I know how much it would mean to our fans if we were to win on Sunday."

I then blew it by asking Dave if I would need to wear a disguise every time to speak to him.

"I don't know, it's not my call," he replied, before reaching over and removing my wig.

It was over, too late though, the ban had been beaten. I doubt if the wig will work again though.