Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dundee V Aberdeen

Having watched the game today, a few things stood out. 

1) Mikey Devlin is a beast. What a signing he could prove to be

2) Bruce Anderson has to start next week.  Appears to have drive and ambition

3) Cosgrove needs to be benched

4) GMS continued his good start to the season - granted he started off slowly in this game but definitely grew into it

5) just under 3,000 dandies. Excellent support as per

I wouldn't say the defence looked very good (Devlin and probably consie aside) as I think Dundee asked a few questions of us but fortunately weren't able to actually capitalise on them.  I'll put that down to us not having our proper team out.

McGinn looked decent in the first then terrible in the second, although did put in a couple of decent balls that with a bit of luck, someone could have made the most of.  Their no3 had him absolutely sorted the whole time he was on the pitch.

May, I thought he didn't play too badly tbh.  He's trying and was unlucky with his turn and shot in the first half.  He also put it on a plate for Cosgrove who just shot tamely.  I've yet to see him hit a shot with any sort of power?  That should have been 1-0 imo.  Still undecided if it will work out for May at Pittodrie.  I still think, as everyone else has said, we really need some creativity through the middle and another striker.  I'd like Anderson to keep getting his chance but I would like a proven goalscorer in the team as well.  Anderson offers something different. But it would be unfair to rely completely on him.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an aside, but it looks like the celebrations for the goal were very muted? Not a single proper bounce. It was almost like we were 4-0 up?

Saw a video of the goal from the crowd, where everyone else seemed to be filming it too. Not only that, they were all sitting as the penalty was taken - who sits at a penalty?

Strange support yesterday. Was Burnley really only 10 days ago, seems like a lifetime already.

Saw a video of the goal from the crowd, where everyone else seemed to be filming it too. Not only that, they were all sitting as the penalty was taken - who sits at a penalty?

Strange support yesterday. Was Burnley really only 10 days ago, seems like a lifetime already.

from reading twitter since, seems like the fans are properly divided. Hating on DNA members, hating on songs.  WTF has happened to our support?!?  Read reports of a punch up in the home end because of certain songs being sung.

from reading twitter since, seems like the fans are properly divided. Hating on DNA members, hating on songs.  WTF has happened to our support?!?  Read reports of a punch up in the home end because of certain songs being sung.

Certain comments on the officla AFC facebook feed suggest a certain song about Dumbarton's assistant manager split the support.

Also complaints from people about people complaining about them stadning up, language used, their political persuasion, whether they wore boxers or briefs and so on.

Few of the comments remind me of people who compain about drivers who don't break speed limits. Along the lines of 'I'll act like a prick if I want to and if you don't like it you're a killjoy'

This sort of shit isnt new, just perhaps getting more coverage now, or maybe as people are getting older they are getting less tolerant (from both sides).

Bringing back standing should remove one of the arguments anyway

It's nonsense really.

If you don't like a song being sung, start a chorus of something else and drown it out, which has the added bonus of keeping the atmosphere going.

Don't boo the songs, start fights with other fans or go grassing folk up to stewards while sitting on your hands. Dickish behaviour.

From what I can gather, it seemed to be overweight middle aged men (possibly Weegies) who started having a go at young laddies enjoying their day out and having a sing song.

It's nonsense really.

If you don't like a song being sung, start a chorus of something else and drown it out, which has the added bonus of keeping the atmosphere going.

Don't boo the songs, start fights with other fans or go grassing folk up to stewards while sitting on your hands. Dickish behaviour.

From what I can gather, it seemed to be overweight middle aged men (possibly Weegies) who started having a go at young laddies enjoying their day out and having a sing song.

Perhaps another factor in the civil war.

The aberdeen based fans hate the Glasgow based ones and vice versa

The Wester Ross based fans hate the Inverness based ones etc

The Perth based fans hate the dundee based ones etc

everyone hates the edinburgh based ones etc

and no one really cares about the Borders, englandshire or foreign based ones.

Perhaps another factor in the civil war.

The aberdeen based fans hate the Glasgow based ones and vice versa

The Wester Ross based fans hate the Inverness based ones etc

The Perth based fans hate the dundee based ones etc

everyone hates the edinburgh based ones etc

and no one really cares about the Borders, englandshire or foreign based ones.

I've always thought one of the best things about the Aberdeen support, certainly the away support, is that it's from all over the place. Glasgow, Stirling, Edinburgh, Dundee - but all supporting a team miles from home because fuck the old firm, we'll support the Dons.

Be a shame if there's a divide coming because of that. Last thing we need is to start putting fans off from going.

Bruce Anderson is the only natural striker in the squad.

Ony cunt who kens onythin aboot fitba can see this from 2 x subs appearances only.

So what the fuck is that beardie cunt looking at week in week out that he doesn't start him?

Fucking wank.

He's done well in his two games, however having watched him a few times for the U20s last season I didn't think he was ready for the first team.

It'll take one poor game for everyone to turn on him and decide he's shite.

Always tickles me when folk demand that "Wright should play the whole game" and ask "what the fuck is that beardie cunt looking at week in week out that he doesn't start him". The answer is fucking everything. McInnes literally watches these guys all day every day and yet us fans (who see brief glimpses of the players in question at best) suddenly decide we've seen enough to over rule the most qualified person to decide.

Wright has never convinced me that he's worthy of a starting berth. Anderson is showing promise initially without a doubt but then so did Wright. If Anderson keeps going the way he is he'll find himself starting games sooner rather than later. No doubt about it.

He's done well in his two games, however having watched him a few times for the U20s last season I didn't think he was ready for the first team.

Yip.

For now (or at least prior to us signing Wilson), the expectation and pressure levels on him have gone right up. The lad will want to play, he's full of enthusiasm, but it's down to McInnes to keep his feet on the ground and take the pressure off him when required.

Would expect him to be a good option coming off the bench in the meantime.

When he scored a hat trick months ago, you didn't think he was "ready for the first team". What aspects of his game weren't up to scratch?

And if he's still not ready, what have Cosgrove and May offered AFC this season that is superior?

Only an idiot fails to recognise that a quality footballer can have a bad game. Strachan had many of them.

The bigger issue is McInnes mismanaging youth, another symptom of his mismanagement in general.

Letting McLean cheat the fans (until he got a move in January) is the same mismanagement as letting McGinn continue to regress. He's a shadow of his potential, as is Stevie May. Logan and Reynolds were outstanding in their first seasons and both went backwards from the high standards they set themselves.

Not only has McInnes recruited total shite, Zola being the worst signing ever, he mismanages what he has. Shinnie in midfield is an experiment that has hurt AFC. The club is not progressing. This may be as weak a Celtic as when Deila was in charge - thanks to the Rogers Lawwell split - and yet we are the least equipped to challenge for the title than we've ever been under McInnes.

As for Scott Wright, he scores a hat trick and gets dropped. He then gets his next start the following season, months later at Hamilton and single handedly delivers us 3 points. And gets dropped again. For another long period. When he turned 20 years of age, he had played once a season for his first 4 years at AFC. If that isn't total mismanagement I don't know what is. Any "fan" who excuses the manager for this doesn't understand the devastating and demotivating effect on confidence and the power of the mind in high performance sport, and also can't see that McInnes has a mental block on promoting youth. Hansen said you don't win anything with kids. SAF proved him wrong. Like Hansen, McInnes is a knob, one who's afraid to take risks, a knob who is only interested in getting a wage, a charlatan who doesn't even try to win because he knows he can't, a scaredy cat who's record against the two biggest teams in the country shows him up for what he really is.

You crack on with him as manager. I always had more ambition than he never had. Loser. He's fucking incapable and incompetent as a winner.

When he scored a hat trick months ago, you didn't think he was "ready for the first team". What aspects of his game weren't up to scratch?

And if he's still not ready, what have Cosgrove and May offered AFC this season that is superior?

Only an idiot fails to recognise that a quality footballer can have a bad game. Strachan had many of them.

I didn't say I watched him every week, I said I watched him on occasion. It's U20 level, it's a big step up to the Premiership.

Like I said, he's done well in his two appearances so far, I'd like to see him get some more game time v St Mirren, but let's not go pinning all our hopes on him just yet.

He scored a hattrick against a team that had nothing to play for and didn't look arsed. It was a good performance but since that day he's only had maybe one, two at the most, other good performances which is why I believe Derek doesn't trust him yet. He has had more game time than any other of the youngsters I think. He still has a lot to prove along with young Bruce.

You'd need to ask Derek why specifically he goes with May and Cosgrove ahead of Anderson because I'm fucked if I know. Cosgrove wins balls in the air but Anderson seemed to do reasonably well in the air too from what I remember from Saturday.

I didn't say I watched him every week, I said I watched him on occasion. It's U20 level, it's a big step up to the Premiership.

Like I said, he's done well in his two appearances so far, I'd like to see him get some more game time v St Mirren, but let's not go pinning all our hopes on him just yet.

Who's "pinning hopes on him"?

All I said is that he's more of a natural striker than Cosgrove and May.

You disagree. Again, I ask, what's he lacking and what have these two useless cunts got that he hasn't?

He scored a hattrick against a team that had nothing to play for and didn't look arsed. It was a good performance but since that day he's only had maybe one, two at the most, other good performances which is why I believe Derek doesn't trust him yet. He has had more game time than any other of the youngsters I think. He still has a lot to prove along with young Bruce.

You'd need to ask Derek why specifically he goes with May and Cosgrove ahead of Anderson because I'm fucked if I know. Cosgrove wins balls in the air but Anderson seemed to do reasonably well in the air too from what I remember from Saturday.

You're confused. FYI Anderson scored a hat trick in the semi final.

You also missed the whole point about game time. Once a year for four seasons is telling a 20 year old something. A good manager inspires them and fills their head with belief following an excellent performance.

Frank Ross scored a cracker when he came on as a sub, played him the next game then hooked him at HT. Never started again. How's that for management? Same old same old.

You're confused. FYI Anderson scored a hat trick in the semi final.

Confused about what? Wright scored a hattrick at Firhill in which I believe was the last game of the 16-17 season and has had about 1 good game since. Anderson scored a hattrick more recently but not in a senior competition so excuse me if I don't go waving a boner around about that.

Confused about what? Wright scored a hattrick at Firhill in which I believe was the last game of the 16-17 season and has had about 1 good game since. Anderson scored a hattrick more recently but not in a senior competition so excuse me if I don't go waving a boner around about that.

You confused the debate. Like you always do.

You jumped in to a conversation I was having with another about Bruce Anderson.

You then went on about Wright's hat trick. That was not the hat trick I was speaking to him about.

And as always, you can't read or think properly, you fail to back up your "arguments" and resort to insulting rhetoric.

I don't speak to cunts who say "tickles me" or "it tickled me". That's gay-speak, not worthy of a man and not worthy of the North East. So take your confusion somewhere else.

And "boner"? You're confusing sex and football now. You're the marketing men's dream. They use sex to sell cars and they know that the average joe is a thick piece of shit who doesn't have any critical thinking capacity whatsoever.

Always tickles me when folk demand that "Wright should play the whole game" and ask "what the fuck is that beardie cunt looking at week in week out that he doesn't start him". The answer is fucking everything. McInnes literally watches these guys all day every day and yet us fans (who see brief glimpses of the players in question at best) suddenly decide we've seen enough to over rule the most qualified person to decide.

Not only did you seek to muddy the debate by throwing in Scott Wright (and missing the various points completely), you obviously have faith in our football manager despite many years of nothing to justify your supreme faith in him.

You were also cowardly in not tackling the poster head on that you had an issue with and addressing him directly, rather using my words presumably in an attempt to irk or ire. This (plus the consistency of your shite) makes me conclude that you, like Hansen, like McInness, are a knob. Have a good day. Have a good life. Knob. Before you ban me again. As you undoubtedly will, in your cowardly female way.

::)

You're the one who's confused pal. I wasn't "entering a conversation" between you and another poster. My post was stand-alone. I mentioned Wright's hattrick in anticipation for it being chucked in my face the second I dare suggest that Wright isn't good enough.

What constitutes "tackling a poster head on"? I quoted your quote word for word although admittedly I didn't use the quote button. Anyone who is able to read (100% of the people who view this forum) can see what/who I had the issue with so how is it cowardly? ??? Did I leave you in any doubt that you're one of the posters that I was referring to?

I seem to have really bothered you. This tickles me. It wasn't my intention although I'm not surprised. You lack the emotional stability for a football forum. (There's a sentence I never thought I'd say!)

I won't rise the the blatant baiting about banning you "again". We both know I haven't banned you before. We discussed this in detail the last time you spat the dummy out. You know full well I'm nae the nazi type that sits hovering over the ban button.  ::)

The last thing that tickles me is you, the poster who has undoubtedly racked up more personal insults aimed at other posters than the rest of the forum combined greeting about "insulting rhetoric". Have a day off min.

You quoted me but you got it wrong. You got confused. You thought I was talking about Wright. I wasn't.

So you're not very bright. Or you made a mistake. As we all do. But not a fatal one.

But maybe you're such an arse you can't admit it when you err? There's a LOT of people who consider admitting making mistakes as a sign of weakness. Ergo they're not too bright AND they are a total arse.