Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Betting

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Since you're on bet365, I strongly suggest you take Juventus at 1/6 today. I predict that their price will crash during the week as the big money and the pro punters lump on. Doubles with anything else. 1/6 is great value.

Too late!

I went for a Spurs and Sevilla double (tonight and Friday) at roughly evens. Plus £20 on Judd Trump in the snooker, who then proceeded to go quickly into a frame deficit after missing an easy blue. I thought I'd nip in before the odds reduced on potting the blue. Snooker is a stupid one, but it happened to be on whilst I was placing my other bet!

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

No. No I can't.

So it turns out that last bet won. I just remembered about it today when speaking to a colleague about betting, which shows just how much effort I put into my betting.

(Un)Fortunately this means that I now have over £100 in my gambling account, and still nae idea. Given the price of high class whoors these days, I'd rather attempt to make a bit more before cashing out (or, more likely, losing it all). I was hoping to have a couple of hundred quid in there in time for the world cup so that I can make more spectacular losing bets throughout that tournament. Any suggestions on bets for the wikend?

I noticed Sevilla beat Sociedad, and then beat Real Madrid shortly after  :o

As you know, you have to make your own decisions on punting. It's the silly season now though as we always see some crazy results now that the bigger pictures have been decided e.g. Aberdeen winning at Celtic, Man C and PSG failing at heavily odds-on etc.

The last great value bet of the season for me was Atletico beating Marseille, including 10/3 HT FT in-play. I've already paid out the guys in our doubles syndicates including BB from here. The amount I paid the three of them was directly proportional to how long we've been doing it for as after all, my picks were the same in each.

I don't trust the World Cup for betting. Too many unexpected draws. Having said that, I do have some match bets on already (thought Russia at 1/3 was good value) and three of us are starting with a wee pot for the tournament just to see how we go.

So it turns out that last bet won. I just remembered about it today when speaking to a colleague about betting, which shows just how much effort I put into my betting.

(Un)Fortunately this means that I now have over £100 in my gambling account, and still nae idea. Given the price of high class whoors these days, I'd rather attempt to make a bit more before cashing out (or, more likely, losing it all). I was hoping to have a couple of hundred quid in there in time for the world cup so that I can make more spectacular losing bets throughout that tournament. Any suggestions on bets for the wikend?

A Celtic/Man U double must have a decent chance?

• 2 weeks later...

Huesca yesterday were 4/1 at home to Gimnastic. Look at the league table to know that that's a crazy price. When it's too good to be true, it usually is so I ignored it. Right enough, a late away goal, a home red card and an away win. Bookies do make mistakes but not to that extent. The innocent explanation might be that someone punted massive on Gimnastic but whatever the reason, it stinks badly.

Today on the other hand, I'm getting offered 15% more than my stake as a cash out on Bayreuth. I got them at 10/11. They're now down to 1/2. It pays to study form.

Edit: Bizarre. Bet365 paid out my Coventry single. At full price! 2-0 with at least 25 minutes to go!

Biggest British flat race this weekend, The Derby, soft ground far from ideal but it suits two that I really like, the draw is an issue for the fav but if one horse could over come that then it is Saxon Warrior just not for me in a betting sense at that price with a couple of negatives against it.

Biggest British flat race this weekend, The Derby, soft ground far from ideal but it suits two that I really like, the draw is an issue for the fav but if one horse could over come that then it is Saxon Warrior just not for me in a betting sense at that price with a couple of negatives against it.

You're going to have to be more certain please. I'm looking for something definite.

• 2 weeks later...

I just put £20 on Kairat Almaty to win, returning £40. It had just started so couldn't get the double with the Ruskies. I'll update you all on my progress.

I have also thon big defender (al' cunt) to score and thon non-injured striker for Russia. Argentina to win the world cup, Jesus to be top scorer (because he's fuckin Jesus) and other assorted pish just to liven up an otherwise boring tournament. It won't be boring, it's just I have fatigue from last season still.

Had a decent go on Russia -1 today, Saudis the worst side in the tournament, doesn't help that a lot of their players had hardly played since December due to going to Spain to train and play for clubs there but they all failed to get selected due to being shite.

As for outright betting, Uruguay my main punt e/w now, it was going to be Spain with Uruguay as a saver but due to the managerial change at Spain I made a much smaller bet.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who like an outside punt you can get 16/1 on Uruguay to lift the cup.

Worth a fiver maybe.  ???

• 1 month later...

My £20 Four Games Both Teams To Score Coupon came up for me on Saturday!!!! A 91ST MINUTE CONSOLATION GOAL from Plymouth Argyle as they lost 5-1 at home to Peterborough United and then some 94TH MINUTE OWN GOAL BY NORTHAMPTON TOWN regarding their game with Colchester United finishing 2-1 has seen us bouncing off said living room walls.  Also had AFC Wimbledon 1 v 2 Sunderland and Havant & Waterlooville 1 v 1 Salford City.

Why one does love our beautiful game so much.  Returned £176.46 like.

Liking that SeaBass.

Looks like Sunderland and Peterborough could be worth a punt most weeks this season.

I'm fairly hopeful my Celebrity Big Brother bet will be up in a fortnight or so.  I usually do five or six people to make Final Night.  I've got £10 e/w (8/1), (1/4) odds 1, 2, 3 on Kirstie Alley and really hoping our £7.50 e/w (7/1), (1/4) odds 1, 2, 3 on Dan Osborne gives me at least 2nd and 3rd.  Also did Hardeep Singh Kohli (I've been on stage with him at The Maltings in Berwick-upon-Tweed), Nick Leeson, Gabby Allen and Jermaine Pennant. 

I think I'll lose Hardeep and Jermaine before Finale possibly even Gabby too.  I just do it for a laugh seeing as programme is our guilty pleasure.  Had winner 12 times from the nineteen series made. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly hopeful my Celebrity Big Brother bet will be up in a fortnight or so.  I usually do five or six people to make Final Night.  I've got £10 e/w (8/1), (1/4) odds 1, 2, 3 on Kirstie Alley and really hoping our £7.50 e/w (7/1), (1/4) odds 1, 2, 3 on Dan Osborne gives me at least 2nd and 3rd.  Also did Hardeep Singh Kohli (I've been on stage with him at The Maltings in Berwick-upon-Tweed), Nick Leeson Gabby Allen and Jermaine Pennant. 

I think I'll lose Hardeep and Jermaine before Finale possibly even Gabby too.  I just do it for a laugh seeing as programme is our guilty pleasure.  Had winner 12 times from the nineteen series made.

Great punting Seabass. Dan 3rd. Think Ryan will beat Kirstie though.