Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Betting

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

A right ?

Fraid not min

A roof over your head and food on the table should be achievable but they're not a right.

The vast amount of work done in this country produces fuck all ( a mistake which will definitely come back to haunt us) but these things still have to be worked for.

If they're in surplus then why shouldn't they be a right? Yes, worked for, but graft? For what reason? If the building(s) itself already exists, then what does that graft add? If the vast amount of work done in this country (and many countries) produces fuck all, and if - by recognising this - we dispense of it, then what graft is there to do? Surely most graft these days - my graft, certainly - just produces unnecessary emissions working for a company that produces unnecessary emissions. I'd argue that the only way we'll ever solve the issue of climate change is to remove the unnecessary work and the unnecessary production. That'll involve making access to food and housing a human right. 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll involve making access to food and housing a human right.

Access to food and shelter is available to all.

Just GIVING it to people makes no sense.

Sloth is a deadly sin and the entitlement culture is an ugly thing, whether spoilt-by-their-parents brats or talented people who get used to their arses being kicked lasciviously.

Access to food and shelter is available to all.

I suspect the 350K homeless in the UK would have something to say about just how accessible that is.

Just GIVING it to people makes no sense.

Sloth is a deadly sin and the entitlement culture is an ugly thing, whether spoilt-by-their-parents brats or talented people who get used to their arses being kicked lasciviously.

Indeed, just giving it to people makes perfect sense. The current system allows me to own multiple houses (I don't) and rent them to poorer people at a profit with no additional effort required. Those poorer people work far harder to pay that rent + tidy profit than me, the owner, because the overwhelming majority want to work and do something. Unqestionably. It's a simple case of arithmetic, where the number of UK houses exceed the number of UK citizens requiring housed, ergo we could decide quite easily to ensure that everyone has one.

Throughout the entire history of humans people have been entitled to a living space without paying for it, the notion of land and home ownership is very recent. It's nothing to do with entitlement as a trait, it's simply a case of saying that people shouldn't have to make monetary payment in order to live a basic life. Giving people the fall back and freedom to choose what they can do to improve society rather than just how they can exploit others for the most gain could see massive returns. If folk want to sit at home and be sloths and not involve themselves in society, who gives a fuck? It won't make mine or your lives any worse. If everyone is entitled then there is no entitlement, just something that is.

I think Corbyn would make a better PM than anybody else in our lifetimes but you make him look like a capitalist cunt.

Fucking right. I'm actually a free marketer if anything, it's just that I believe that a free market isn't free unless your free not to participate. Free from advertising, cronyism etc. That means that yer basic human rights need to be provided so that you can't be coerced into buying shite you don't need, you have to genuinely want something because it's fucking good or it's an activity you love. The basic problems of housing, food, travel, education etc should have been solved long ago and we should concentrating on advancements and enhancements now. Our existing economy isn't fit for that purpose. Corbyn is a capitalist. He's a social democrat. He won't solve climate change, he won't solve resource depletion, he won't solve species extinction, he won't solve air pollution. He will keep a car battery factory in Sunderland open, re-instate an inefficient nationalised rail network and he'll be a lot nicer than the current fuckers, but in ten years we'll (not me) be voting those fuckers back in again because "immigrants" or some shite.

Rock on Rico  :thumbsup:

The state of the oceans is probably the biggest blight on humanity in my lifetime.

And all the new European power stations being built by the Chinese, and powered by coal seems total nonsense to my inexpert mind. Surely some of you oil twats will have an opinion?

There was a question about the bet365 wifie on Question Time tonight. Now that is a free market - and it was good that there wasn't the same outrage on what she paid herself as I had heard elsewhere - but it was suggested that the company is registered in Gibraltar. Does anyone know the implications of betting companies being registered on the rock particularly?

Oh, it's my opinion.

Just a left wing little Englander instead of a right wing little Englander.

But rather than embark on a very long tirade I'll just say he's a cunt.

A very long tirade is not necessary nor would it be welcome.

A short bullet-point summation of his worst three aspects would be appreciated and more than likely interesting however.

Rock on Rico  :thumbsup:

The state of the oceans is probably the biggest blight on humanity in my lifetime.

And all the new European power stations being built by the Chinese, and powered by coal seems total nonsense to my inexpert mind. Surely some of you oil twats will have an opinion?

There was a question about the bet365 wifie on Question Time tonight. Now that is a free market - and it was good that there wasn't the same outrage on what she paid herself as I had heard elsewhere - but it was suggested that the company is registered in Gibraltar. Does anyone know the implications of betting companies being registered on the rock particularly?

Around 30 or so betting companies are set up in Gibraltar.

The main reason is Tax/VAT related. They market themselves to the tune of millions every month and a 20% saving amounts to millions saved over a year.

Corporation tax is also set at 10pc versus 20pc in the UK

Minijc, I've got Almere City HT/FT @ 12/5.

They scored right after I staked.

At 1-0 after 65 minutes, should I take the 2.72 cash out now or wait for the full 3.4?

Don't you understand how utterly stupid your argument was?

Never trust people who want to lift your leg.

Edit: red card means the cash out is now 2.04. How does this punter option favour the bookie?

Edit: an equaliser from Dordrecht means the cash out is less than 0.5. If I had cashed out, how would that have been a bad decision? And how can my having the option benefit the bookie?

• 2 months later...
Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

A few quid going on Newcastle to pull off a shock and beat Man City at home tonight.  Worth a shot at 15/1.  Just got a sneaky feeling about this one.  City have lost 3 of their last 8 league games.

A few quid going on Newcastle to pull off a shock and beat Man City at home tonight.  Worth a shot at 15/1.  Just got a sneaky feeling about this one.  City have lost 3 of their last 8 league games.

Stunning pick min. Given their goals scored in their last 8 games, all wins, I couldn't see the value of your bet, even at those odds, as high as we ever see for a home win. Well done you. Great hunch  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Stunning pick min. Given their goals scored in their last 8 games, all wins, I couldn't see the value of your bet, even at those odds, as high as we ever see for a home win. Well done you. Great hunch  :thumbsup:

"a hunch" doesn't enter the vocabulary of a professional bettor

Anyway, I am a net winner over multiple years on golf, so I will give my expertise here, cos little rocket man can't cut it

• 3 weeks later...

If the bookies didn't win they wouldn't offer cash out.

I guess that's true but it doesn't provide any clarity. You said I was a mug and a laughing stock for having a position that you said was wrong and yet you stubbornly refuse to tell me WHY it is wrong.

Let's park that and fry a bigger fish. The biggest fish there is in fact, for a pro punter like you.

Do you know WHY the bookmakers always win?

• 1 month later...

So chuffed where my 60 year old friend Billy is concerned who has been backing horses for nigh on forty years and had his first ever 40p Win Lucky 15 with all four selections winning on Good Friday!!!!  Picked Watersmeet (7/1), Global Warning (3/1), Fox Power (7/1) and Oh This Is Us (5/1).  The latter only won by three quarters of a length having been second last with just over two furlong to go. 

Younger brother Brian said Billy had head in hands tutting away but thankful the treble was giving him at least £161 for his six pound stake to crying uncontrollably like an emotional wreck!!!!  He then decided rather than cooking tea later that night he'd head up Chip Shop and get them both plus their lodger Wulf dinner there.  Apparently stopped at one of the local pubs for a Bacardi and Coke hoping his legs would stop wobbling!!!!

His payout was £1,127.60 like.