Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Celtic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another game against the vagrants and another gutless defensive performance. Sat far to deep again. May was utter shite although he did not get much service. Maybe folk will now give Rooney some slack in these games now. GMS misses another one on one in a big game. Cosgrove looked like someone who has had 3 starts for Carlisle United. Other than Donsdaft's favourite player we were shite in every position. I said after last 2 3-0 defeats I would not watch another game against Celtic under McInnes but stupidly went again today. Not repeating that mistake again.

Well, I will go against the grain here and say we were better than expected, probably a better performance against them tham the previous few and with a bit more composure from some players may even of changed the outcome, I even thought we were on top for spells in the game, but just didn't make it count. We should have scored today, but we somehow managed not to, that is the difference in these games, don't take your chances and you end up suffering.

Thought the Man City boy did well enough today in the middle of the park, but with O'Connor alongside him we weren't exactly blessed with footballing ability in the centre and it showed. Thought Logan was honking today, his decision making was very poor. McLean was fouled everytime he went near the ball. Woodman is shyte and I hope Rogers gives DM a good right hook when he goes in the summer, Rogers, nae DM, we are not that fortunate, he deserves it for dropping him for a shyte keeper.

Still grates that we show them so much respect when they deserve none.

best chance for a while to beat these wankers and we blew it.

Set up in the first half showed too much respect again.

McGinn playing right back ?allowing Tierney to dictate

Second half was better and we should have scored, they were poor.

Stevie May.......... oh dear, looks like he is pulling a tractor. If this is Stevie May what a waste of money.

McLean easily our best player, possibly the best player on the park, thought the CHs and Nwakli did ok the rest were shite.

O'Connor???????????????????????

Derek McInnes...

"I thought we showed we are a proper team today. Too often, I feel, in the bigger games, we have been too dependent on individuals. We worked hard for each other. We were guilty of some mistakes and guilty of not bringing that quality in the final third but, other than that, we were pretty spot on."

I don't blame the players.

I blame the tactics by McInnes.

The match on Saturday will define our season.

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised to wake up to this scoreline. Not as bad as I suspected. Sounds like the time we’re incredibly surprised we sat off them again. Time to go DM , you’re never going to learn :wave:

Certainly a better performance than the previous 2 this season.......we did have short periods in the game where we pressed them high up the park and during these times we did carve out chances at least one of which (GMS) should have been buried.

However the majority of the time we reverted to type and sat off them.......and we know from past experience that doing so just does not work. Sad to say but the time has come for a change. DM is responsible for the tactics and as such his intransigence in insisting on playing the same way against the cheeks time and time again makes him culpable. He should therefore be allowed to see out this season and allowed to then resign with his head held high and leave with our thanks for improving us dramatically from where he found us. Only if he refuses to do so should he be given his jotters.

Has McInnes even watched the matches where Celtic lost this season? Because if he did, and still chose to go with that set up today then that's probably a sacking offence in itself.

If he hasn't, then that's probably a sacking offence too.

He has no idea. Literally no fucking clue in what to do against Celtic but other than the Scottish Cup Final, he has got it so far wrong it's almost laughable - and then to repeat that horrendous mistake time and time again? And people think he should be kept on?

Get him to fuck.  We are going backwards here, and rapidly.

The boy Cosgrove... good on him for giving Brown a dull yin, but he looked utterly awful in every moment. He actually looked as though he'd never played the game before. Not quite sure, on that showing and his record, why we've bought him.  His signings for that area of the pitch, bar Adam Rooney, have been utter shite. And yet, Rooney is the guy he's always trying to replace... it's fucking bizarre.

Great post B.B. 

Thing is, after the first 20 minutes, I was scratching ma heid.

We were inviting them on, we had 11 behind the ball, we were inviting them to relax, get over their jet lag and then we finally had a go. This happened precisely after 20 minutes.

I thought good on ya McInnes, this is a game plan, you do know what you're doing!

But he didn't.

Ok, it was Forrest beating Consi too easily that set up the first but overall, there was no strategy to win today. Not one that was ever going to work anyway.

McInnes is a cunt. A hun cunt at that.

Meant to say earlier.....Logan has been honking all season but today he was even more abysmal than his previous levels of shyteness. Definitely needs replacing in summer but he needs taking out for 2 or 3 games immediately give one of the young eens a shot, 2nd place is probably gone anyway.

Meant to say earlier.....Logan has been honking all season but today he was even more abysmal than his previous levels of shyteness. Definitely needs replacing in summer but he needs taking out for 2 or 3 games immediately give one of the young eens a shot, 2nd place is probably gone anyway.

Is that not the whole issue with Logan though? There isn't a back up. He's had 4 years of being "The right back", there's no one pushing him for that position.

He has been garbage all season, but there is no other option.  Terrible management.  At the start of this season I had a conversation with someone on Twitter who hailed Logan as the best right back AFC had had since Stuart Kennedy.  I suggested that Stewart McKimmie may have been better and I was rather forcibly rebuked. 

But really, Stewart McKimmie is fucking miles better than Logan. A player who consistently won trophies and 40 international caps, playing in a World Cup and 2 European Championships... and never shat himself against Celtic.

I would settle for that last stat for Logan....