Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next Aberdeen Manager

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The more I think about it the more I think that despite him being a horrible little cunt Neil Lennon would be a great appointment. Success with Celtic, manages a tight budget at hibs, chip on his shoulder and a point to prove to Celtic and hates rangers so no lying down to either of them, decent experience in Europe etc. He’s also a horrible wee shite which could rub off on some of our players.

He hates us too so probably wouldn’t come and assume most fans would hate it but he’s better than many other names I’ve seen and I think I’d be in favour of going all in on him. Would certainly fix some of the flaws repeatedly shown by mcinnes.

Alternatively I could be losing my mind successfully convincing myself it’s a good idea.

As much as I despise the cunt. I'd probably agree with that. Can't see the tims coming back in for him as manager, so little risk there. He'd likely be the most up for, noising up the huns and beating them to second. Think the question would be whether he thinks he has a better chance of achieving that here or at hibs.

After that its a toss up between Neil/Clarke/Robinson/Ross.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I despise the cunt. I'd probably agree with that. Can't see the tims coming back in for him as manager, so little risk there. He'd likely be the most up for, noising up the huns and beating them to second. Think the question would be whether he thinks he has a better chance of achieving that here or at hibs.

After that its a toss up between Neil/Clarke/Robinson/Ross.

Aye the rest are a much of a muchness for me, none are particularly inspiring or appealing.

Totally agree about Lennon having to question if we offer him anything he doesnt have at Hibs though. Guess we've got the bigger budget and better squad, but hibs have the facilities etc. 

All irrelevant as I suspect there's too much bad blood between our fans and lennon for it ever to happen, which is a shame as ive pretty much convinced myself he's the right appointment.

Lennon would never come here from hibs, why would he? Anyway, decent in some big games, but he's had some pretty pap results against pish too. Also a bit of a liability with his mouthiness.

I don't think Ross would be amazing, think he's a bit too weak. He certainly was as a player. Intelligent guy though, and we certainly need someone with a brain. Wouldn't be averse to it, and would certainly be better than some of the dross that will inevitably be linked.

Expect to see Milne appointing Sacky McNamara before the week's out though given his general fuckwittery in the manager markets.

Just got a text from a mate, who got the info second hand, telling me the deal is done for both him and Docherty. Also that Strachan and Pressley have agreed terms to go to the sheep. All will be announced today.

If any of it true, it seems to me Milne holding out to get Strachan before letting McInnes go. King may already have known with two deals going in parallel, so maybe why it's being taking so long.

Who the fuck knows, but just get it sealed ffs! My pampers can't take any more.

Fuckwit Media - Derek McInnes thread, bottom of page 359

Away to wipe the coffee of my screen

I mean Strachan FFS :laughing:

Just got a text from a mate, who got the info second hand, telling me the deal is done for both him and Docherty. Also that Strachan and Pressley have agreed terms to go to the sheep. All will be announced today.

If any of it true, it seems to me Milne holding out to get Strachan before letting McInnes go. King may already have known with two deals going in parallel, so maybe why it's being taking so long.

Who the fuck knows, but just get it sealed ffs! My pampers can't take any more.

Fuckwit Media - Derek McInnes thread, bottom of page 359

Away to wipe the coffee of my screen

I mean Strachan FFS :laughing:

That is nearly as out of touch an appointment as Alec Miller. Better not be true.

*edit

OH!! Are you saying your mate got it from a hun messageboard?

The more I think about it the more I think that despite him being a horrible little cunt Neil Lennon would be a great appointment. Success with Celtic, manages a tight budget at hibs, chip on his shoulder and a point to prove to Celtic and hates rangers so no lying down to either of them, decent experience in Europe etc. He’s also a horrible wee shite which could rub off on some of our players.

He hates us too so probably wouldn’t come and assume most fans would hate it but he’s better than many other names I’ve seen and I think I’d be in favour of going all in on him. Would certainly fix some of the flaws repeatedly shown by mcinnes.

Alternatively I could be losing my mind successfully convincing myself it’s a good idea.

Obviously Fergie’s success was unpredicted plus DM was no management stud when he  came here but obviously both did well, clearly Ferguson much more so. None of the names inspire me except Lennon. He’s an arrogant and aggressive twat who doesn’t fear the old firm, plus is a winner both as player and manager. He has credibility and reputation in the transfer market. We’re a bigger club, bigger budget, better players. Bigger potential too. I think it would show ambition from our wank Milne to push the boat out for him - offer him a bigger contract and some money for January spending. Worth a try.