Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next Aberdeen Manager

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the attention of the people voting for Jack Ross, can I ask why you think he would be the ideal replacement?

I am in no way having a go, I simply want to know know why people feel he has credentials to continue, if not surpass, what McInnes has done.

In terms of my personal choice, no-one on that list really appeals to me, McInnes was a surprise appointment and really, at the time, despite a fair bit of negativity, the correct one, so we'll have to wait to see.

Wonder how long it'll take big Eck to say " they know where I am "  ::)

For the attention of the people voting for Jack Ross, can I ask why you think he would be the ideal replacement?

I am in no way having a go, I simply want to know know why people feel he has credentials to continue, if not surpass, what McInnes has done.

In terms of my personal choice, no-one on that list really appeals to me, McInnes was a surprise appointment and really, at the time, despite a fair bit of negativity, the correct one, so we'll have to wait to see.

Wonder how long it'll take big Eck to say " they know where I am "  ::)

He's done alright so far but not sure he is ready for the step up.  He's defo got promise though. 

Personal preference would be Wright.  I know a lot of people disagree and I really don't care, I think he is a very canny manager who would do well with us.  My second choice would be Archibald fwiw and I think he should be added to the poll.

He's done alright so far but not sure he is ready for the step up.  He's defo got promise though. 

Personal preference would be Wright.  I know a lot of people disagree and I really don't care, I think he is a very canny manager who would do well with us.  My second choice would be Archibald fwiw and I think he should be added to the poll.

Sorry dude, as much as I am against the idea of Jack Ross getting the job, I'd much rather give him it than Wright or Archibald.

Sorry dude, as much as I am against the idea of Jack Ross getting the job, I'd much rather give him it than Wright or Archibald.

Fair enough but can I ask why?  Wright won the scottish cup with fucking ST J for goodness sake.  I really don't get why so many don't like him. 

I said elsewhere I think we should use any compo we get for DM/TD to at least attempt to get Lennon off Hibs. I doubt very much we would succeed in doing so but he at least has the correct "fuck them" attitude to taking on the arse cheeks.

On the basis of who else was in the list I went for Ross. Would be relatively cheap and given a modicum of backing could well be outstanding. And even if it didnt really work out I don't think he would have us any worse than 4th or 5th.

I said elsewhere I think we should use any compo we get for DM/TD to at least attempt to get Lennon off Hibs. I doubt very much we would succeed in doing so but he at least has the correct "fuck them" attitude to taking on the arse cheeks.

On the basis of who else was in the list I went for Ross. Would be relatively cheap and given a modicum of backing could well be outstanding. And even if it didnt really work out I don't think he would have us any worse than 4th or 5th.

Fuck off to Lennon. And fuck off to 4th/5th place. Jesus wept.

Fair enough but can I ask why?  Wright won the scottish cup with fucking ST J for goodness sake.  I really don't get why so many don't like him.

I have no doubt Wright is a good fit for St Johnstone, but there's a different mettle to being Aberdeen manager. And teams know how to play against him now, it's not as if he's coming in from a different league, or with a point to prove ( McInnes after Bristol City disappointment ) and Jack Ross has done absolutely nothing to merit the step up, I get that he's a young manager and St Mirren are ticking along, but that's all they are doing, not convinced they'll get promoted.

We need a completely fresh approach, someone who can utilise the squad we have at our disposal just now, and someone who can rebuild come the Summer as the likes of McLean, Stewart, Christie and no doubt one or two others will be offski, I don't trust Ross to get that right, Hibs are building momentum, Rangers will spend yet again despite apparently having fuck all money, we need someone to come in and at the very least, maintain the consistency that McInnes has brought. 

Danny Lennon & Kenny Shiels won major trophies with St Mirren & Kilmarnock respectively, doesn't mean they are equipped to manage us, Wright is one dimensional & we would regress under him, it's only my opinion mate, nothing personal.

Be prepared now for the weegia to decide they have the ability to choose our new manager for us.

They've always done this with their favourites hence the stick we got ( and still do ) for binning Smith.

I didn't see them touting him for Parkhead or Ibrox.

Same goes for that arsehole Calderwood.

I wonder who they'll choose  for us?

Actually I don't have to wonder, it'll be Wright.

Fuck off to Lennon. And fuck off to 4th/5th place. Jesus wept.

Jesus wept are you thick or something?  :hammer:

I wasnt saying that 4th/5th was acceptable. 2 years of that and he would get his jotters. All I'm saying is he wouldnt have us finishing in the bottom half of the table as we were (frequently) in the not too distant past.

Equally however, without a director or 3 dipping their hands into their post office savings accounts, 3rd looks like all we will be playing for in the future.